Sleeping Pills

Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:30 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sleeping Pills

I have a dreadful time on long flights as i cannot sleep in a sitting position. No matter how hard i try it never happens. Consequently the first few days after a flight really upsets my system due to lack of sleep as i have a medical condition which is sensitive to a change in routines.

I have never tried a sleeping pill on a plane, but was wondering of others have and how did you get on?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:31 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sleeping Pills

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I have a dreadful time on long flights as i cannot sleep in a sitting position. No matter how hard i try it never happens. Consequently the first few days after a flight really upsets my system due to lack of sleep as i have a medical condition which is sensitive to a change in routines.

I have never tried a sleeping pill on a plane, but was wondering of others have and how did you get on?
My friend swears by night nurse
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:35 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
My friend swears by night nurse
Can you get that in Australia? I dont normally take those kind of things so never looked
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:45 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Can you get that in Australia? I dont normally take those kind of things so never looked
I am not sure......I am sure someone on here will know though
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:06 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
I am not sure......I am sure someone on here will know though
I don't know about pills as I have to force myself to even take a painkiller when I need one, and even then, it's only if I'm in agony. If they don't have Night Nurse where you are, try Nyquil. It's the equivalent of NN, and I know they sell it in the US, but don't know about Oz.

Just a little thing that might help, though, is one of those little travel pillows that go around the back of your neck. I swear by these. You can sleep like a baby without your head lolling about and you don't end up with a stiff neck.

I hope you find something that will help you sleep, flying anywhere sucks.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:20 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Flea - just ask at the pharmacy and they will help you out. I took mercyndol which contains 9.75mg codeine, 450mg paracetamol and 5 mg doxylamine. I needed the painkilling bits because of a neck condition but you can buy doxylamine over there without the paracetamol.

It worked a treat for me, but I'd advise taking it a couple of hours before getting on the plane as it can take a while to start working.

It really helped with the jetlag too as I took it for a week after I landed to get a good nights sleep, so got back into the routine really quickly.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if you have it where you are, but something like "Simply Sleep" works for me. The pills are made by Tylenol, sort of like Tylenol PM but without the pain medicine. They don't tend to make me as groggy as Nyquil but do help with sleeping on planes.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:55 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Flea - just ask at the pharmacy and they will help you out. I took mercyndol which contains 9.75mg codeine, 450mg paracetamol and 5 mg doxylamine. I needed the painkilling bits because of a neck condition but you can buy doxylamine over there without the paracetamol.

It worked a treat for me, but I'd advise taking it a couple of hours before getting on the plane as it can take a while to start working.

It really helped with the jetlag too as I took it for a week after I landed to get a good nights sleep, so got back into the routine really quickly.
Be careful, though. If the pills kick in early, or the flight is delayed, you may be groggy and confused by the time you board the plane. Not only are you then vulnerable (to missing the flight announcement, having your purse stolen, etc.), but also if you are behaving strangely you may have problems boarding the plane (i.e., they may stop you boarding).

I take prescription tables occasionally (Ambien/zolpadem) on long-haul flights. As soon as I get on the plane, I pop a pill, blow up my neck cushion, put in my ear plugs, and put on my eyeshades. I look a sight, but by heck it works every time! On UK-US flights, I don't sleep and just treat it as a very long day.

I've also heard that melatonin works for some people (it's available over-the counter, herbal remedy)
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:06 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I find a small dose of Valium (diazepam) plus a Bloody Mary preferable to sleeping pills as they don't make me groggy.

Neck-cushion, eye-shades and ear-plus are a must, plus something to rest your feet on (eg a back-pack)
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Manti has much to be proud ofManti has much to be proud ofManti has much to be proud ofManti has much to be proud ofManti has much to be proud ofManti has much to be proud ofManti has much to be proud ofManti has much to be proud ofManti has much to be proud ofManti has much to be proud ofManti has much to be proud of

I take Simply Sleep from time to time.Since I've been homesick my sleep schedule has changed, so it works fine for me.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:40 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

Elvira is right, although
I would abstain from alcohol.

I was frequently required to fly long trips, almosr every week, sometimes as far as Australia or Singapore, a mild valium is the best way to go, you won't feel all doped up the next day.

I would sometimes fly to Australia, attend some meetings, fly out the same day for NZ, and be expected to do the same, then turn around and fly back to TO.

I was also running Marathons in those days, being in good shape was important.

No Booze, No Cigarettes.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Flea

Just make sure you have some Phil Collins to listen to, that should sort you out
You booked yet?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:46 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Flea

Just make sure you have some Phil Collins to listen to, that should sort you out
You booked yet?
LOL

Hi Birdy

Just replying to you quickly as i am having to use an internet cafe in the mall. We dont get new phone on till tomorrow.

Yes, i have booked. Fly out on 10th August. How about you?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

Hi Birdy

Just replying to you quickly as i am having to use an internet cafe in the mall. We dont get new phone on till tomorrow.

Yes, i have booked. Fly out on 10th August. How about you?
Brill Flea.
Who with? How many $$ was it?
I'm down to Sydney on Sat 4th, leave for Melbourne on 7th. Am booking Uk flight from Melbourne but reckon it'll be the 14th.
If you're not too manic and fancy a coffee, give me a shout. Be nice to say hellooo b4 we both part these dry climes.
Hope you're feeling a bit calmer.
Its funny isnt it once you know you're off. I've been taking lots of piccies
xxx
T
Old Jul 30th 2007, 2:34 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, The active sedative ingredient in Night Nurse is called Phenergan or Promethazine Hydrochloride comes in 10mgs or 25mgs, it is also an anti histamine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.