It really is mild

Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:12 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: It really is mild

Originally Posted by Beedubya

They are very fond of stopping lunch service here VERY early at some places!!! Like 2.30pm or something!!
It's even worse in Switzerland (well the German speaking cantons, not sure about the French or Italian ones)....the MD's wife was telling me that she went out for lunch with her mum who was visiting from England. It was only 1.30pm and they couldn't get served lunch anywhere!

Also most places are closed on Sundays, except for the very touristy places but even then some places will be closed. Quite a lot of shops are closed entirely for a couple of weeks at least during August....
Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:26 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It really is mild

[QUOTE=Englishmum;9887501]It's even worse in Switzerland (well the German speaking cantons, not sure about the French or Italian ones)....the MD's wife was telling me that she went out for lunch with her mum who was visiting from England. It was only 1.30pm and they couldn't get served lunch anywhere!

Also most places are closed on Sundays, except for the very touristy places but even then some places will be closed. Quite a lot of shops are closed entirely for a couple of weeks at least during August....[/QUOTE]

Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:25 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: It really is mild

[QUOTE=Beedubya;9888015]
Originally Posted by Englishmum
It's even worse in Switzerland (well the German speaking cantons, not sure about the French or Italian ones)....the MD's wife was telling me that she went out for lunch with her mum who was visiting from England. It was only 1.30pm and they couldn't get served lunch anywhere!

Also most places are closed on Sundays, except for the very touristy places but even then some places will be closed. Quite a lot of shops are closed entirely for a couple of weeks at least during August....[/QUOTE]

Then again, everyone knows that Paris more or less shuts down completely for the whole month of August!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
My husband's flight from Heathrow has been cancelled - however they didn't tell him until he'd checked in his bag and he had to stand on a queue for over 5 hours to re-book. He says the scenes were straight out of the Little Britain Come Fly With Me show.
Oh no, what a shame. I thought they were supposed to have taken the precaution of cancelling a third of flights 24 hours in advance, precisely so that didn't happen?!

Hope he's managed to get home by now.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Oh no, what a shame. I thought they were supposed to have taken the precaution of cancelling a third of flights 24 hours in advance, precisely so that didn't happen?!

Hope he's managed to get home by now.
Yes he said he was standing in the queue and a news report came on with BA congratulating themselves over how well they'd handled the problem

He made it back yesterday after a few mishaps

Thanks!