Reality of the UK

Old May 16th 2012, 9:58 am
Banned

LA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really nice
Default Reality of the UK

For those considering moving back read this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-evicted.html
Old May 16th 2012, 10:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reality of the UK

Originally Posted by LA2JHB View Post
Are you honestly suggesting people considering moving back to the UK read the Daily Mail and take it seriously?!?

I haven't even looked at the article, but I would bet a large amount of money on the fact that it's some hate filled bile about immigrants or people claiming benefits. The Daily Mail is hardly a reliable source of news.
Old May 16th 2012, 10:15 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

That's terrible - looks almost as bad as the place you describe here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...22#post9271122

As the saying goes,"Wherever you go, there you are"
Old May 16th 2012, 1:41 pm
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

As soon as I saw "Daily Mail", any credibility in your post vanished.
Old May 16th 2012, 7:26 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

As soon as i saw LA2JHB any credibility vanished.

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready View Post
As soon as I saw "Daily Mail", any credibility in your post vanished.
Old May 16th 2012, 7:38 pm
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light

Oh dear 'The Daily Fail' rears its ugly head yet again!?!?!?
Old May 17th 2012, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Kameleon is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't read the article because I know that wherever you go there are problems. For example I have decided to leave Japan after 15 years here in total, a big investment of my life that is, yet I am still reminded daily - You are a foreigner, an alien.

Enough! At least in Blightey I won't be called a foreigner any more!
Old May 17th 2012, 4:18 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Are you honestly suggesting people considering moving back to the UK read the Daily Mail and take it seriously?!?

I haven't even looked at the article, but I would bet a large amount of money on the fact that it's some hate filled bile about immigrants or people claiming benefits. The Daily Mail is hardly a reliable source of news.

Originally Posted by dunroving View Post
That's terrible - looks almost as bad as the place you describe here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...22#post9271122

As the saying goes,"Wherever you go, there you are"
Old May 17th 2012, 5:47 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post

I dared to look and its about Romanian travellers setting up camp in London, urinating in public and about them begging trying to intimidate people into handing over money.

There is a delightful shot of some men taking a leak up a wall and a quote from a homeless man saying it is too dangerous to sleep on the streets with these travellers around.

Old May 17th 2012, 11:27 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I already did move back and haven't been happier in years.

But then I don't look for the negatives wherever I go. It seems that you do.
Old May 17th 2012, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Begging and public peeing? Erm, it was mainly the English doing that when I was growing up!

I will never forget the day I decided to stop giving money to the homeless, after two guys took my money, the slagged me off calling me a zombie, a sucker etc. for paying taxes, and being controlled by the corporation.

At least some of these beggars today actually NEED it rather than scrounge on the Dole for 10 years when some could actually work.

I guess it's easy to blame foreigners. I am one now in Japan, where the media unashamedly advertise foreigners as the ones who commit the most crimes. Small detail: foreigners make up 1% of the population of Japan....
Old May 18th 2012, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

rooroo89 will become famous soon enough

I'd take that over people getting shot or ran over by reckless drivers on a near daily basis where I live!
Old May 18th 2012, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

cazzy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to think health and safety was over the top in the uk, until i moved abroad and saw dangers everywhere. I used to think that the culture of suing people was over the top until I moved abroad was defrauded and couldn't do a thing about it. I used to think that people in the UK were not particularly friendly until I moved abroad and suffered prejudice in a big way, moving back to the UK has therefore been incredibly pleasant Not to mention a great relief!

People are so friendly here, its great.
Old May 18th 2012, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

TS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to all

Yes, that's precisely what's wrong with the UK. A few homeless people being all homeless in a high-profile spot.

Not the fact that we have the second highest debt:GDP ratio in the world.

Not the fact that we have an increasing power consumption and decreasing power generation capacity.

Not the fact that we are watched on CCTV everywhere we go.

Not the fact that we have a huge welfare burden, with (for the first time ever) more people being supported by the state than the total number of workers.

No, none of the above matters, look over here, there are some homeless people.

Oh, never mind, BGT is on. All is well.
Old May 19th 2012, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

BGT ended last week dammit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.