British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   Postcards from England 2nd Chapter ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/postcards-england-2nd-chapter-912145/)

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 7:00 pm

Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

Picture perfect ! After a long and cold winter, England is awakening to the vibrant colours of a glorious Springtime brought in by a mini heatwave that had us all swaping winter coats and scarves with tee shirts and sunglasses, in a matter of just a few days.

So I just could not resist taking my camera with me and take you along the busy streets of vibrant Marlow on this sunny Saturday morning to the sound of lawn mowers and terraces slowly filling in with a joyous crowd of locals and tourists enjoying the sun.

After a few years in Luxembourg from where I sent you my Escapades around the 3 Borders Country, here I am back in this quaint England which I love so much. I will be delighted to take you along with me on a discovery journey of historic attractions, summer festivals throughout the summer and beyond.

Located on the banks of the River Thames which runs from the Cotswolds to London, nestled amongst the woodlands of the Chiltern Hills, Marlow, with its 1832 suspension bridge which joins the counties of Buckinghamshire and Berkshire has a been popular destination since victorian times.

Fashionable back then and still a very much sought after postcode today for a cosmopolitan mix of people who are looking for a quiet and picturesque environment far away from busy London which is still only 35 miles away. The High St which features a great variety of restaurants, cafes and boutiques is very popular in the summer, especially at times of Festivals such as the Marlow Regatta, Music & Drama Festival, Food Festival...

Marlow can easily be accessed by train with its on station ran by the First Great Western service to London Paddington, via Maidenhead on the line that used to be called the "Marlow Donkey", 19th century steam engine locomotive now eponymous with a very popular pub offering the best beer garden in Marlow.

Ever since I have arrived in Marlow and being a keen gardener myself, I cannot but smile at the sights of the immaculately kept and manicured gardens and houses which remind me very much of Keeping Up Appearances - a popular TV serie which featured a suburban Lady called Hiacinth Bouquet who would polish her front door daily and even dust off the leaves of her front porch Laurel Thyme - a must see if you don't already know her -in its 2018 adaptation with streets which apart from the High St have all become too narrow to accomodate 2 vehicles coming in opposite directions resulting in the most amusing ballet of driving courtesy which consists in letting the incoming car pass before you can take your turn :lol:

The irresistible Hyacinth Bouquet from BBC TV Series "Keeping Up Appearances !"

https://zupimages.net/up/18/17/9m4g.jpg

It is rather amusing to think that these nowadays peaceful riverside communities of Marlow, Henley and Cookham once hosted up to 30 nightclubs back in the early 1900s when wealthy Londoners would show off their new motorcars. The clubs have disappeared but the motorcars certainly are still very much a sight on week-ends on High St ( Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, etc )

Karim

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 7:04 pm

Re: Postcards from England 2nd Chapter !

This vibrant Georgian market town origines can be traced as far back as the Knights Templar who had a house at nearby Bisham and built the first bridge over the River Thames here.

Marlow Lock itself was built as a timber (fir wood) pound lock in 1773 and reconstructed in stone in 1825. In that same year, a new lock was built alongside the old one which was filled in. Marlow's Weir marks the finishing point for the famous Marlow Regatta, held annually since 1866. It is said to be the most popular one-day regatta in the country.

For those who enjoy walking, a very picturesque river trail is available as part of the 294 km Thames Path National Trail which runs from Thames Head in the Cotswolds through several counties up to Thames Barrier in Greenwhich marking the entrance to London.

In the months to come, I will take you along the river banks to the picturesque towns of Windsor where I lived for 8 years and Henley famous for its regattas.

Thames Path National Trail Map

https://zupimages.net/up/18/16/fz00.jpg

Marlow Suspension Bridge

https://zupimages.net/up/18/16/dhla.jpg

Created in 1832 by William Tierney Clark to link the counties of Buckinghamshire and Berkshire and who later used more or less the same design for his bridge linking Buda and Pest in Hungary.

As iconic as the Suspension Bridge, the All Saints Chuch has been the heart of the community for nearly 200 years with its cemetery lawn which runs down to the river with a bench which offers the best view to enjoy passing boats, ducks and swans.

Marlow being picturesque in all seasons, I will do my best at sending you from time to time a postcards of Marlow colours in of summertime, autumn and Christmas time.

Marlow 2018 Calendar of Events

Marlow Pub in the Park - Food Festival created by Chef Tom Kerridge - 17th to 20th May 2018
Marlow Regatta & Festival on 16th and 17th June 2018
Marlow Music and Drama Festival from 09th to 23rd November 2018

As far as Marlow is concerned, I am a huge fan of Cafe Satollo located 5 Liston Court - just off High St - which offers a great selection of homemade Italian specialties and a great outdoor terrace when the sun is shining - which really happens in England as demonstrated in many of my past Postcards -, the Coach - 2nd restaurant of Chef Tom Kerridge for its tiny gastropub ambiance and great value for money English Breakfast not to forget their divine coffee, the IVY located on High St for its outdoor space to enjoy in the summer months in a "Ladies who lunch" atmosphere and of course, the unbeatable views of the Compleat Angler Hotel located by the river with a lawn terrace straight out of a Lewis Carrol novel and so close to the water that one feel like boating while having a drink. And of course, the friendliest place to enjoy a pint in the best beer garden in Marlow, named after the locomotive that used to brings visitors to the town since victorian times, the Marlow Donkey Pub. No visit to Marlow will be complete without sampling a pint of Rebellion beer produced by a local Brewer.

The award winning Higginson Park offers 9.5 acres of lush green public space under the shade of hundred years old trees as well as spectacular river views and welcome throughout the year family picnics and events such as Pub in the Park and other festivals.

I would like to thank all of you who have followed my Postcards from England and then Escapades around the 3 Borders Country ( Luxembourg ) and tell you how happy I am to finally catch up with new Postcards which will hopefully delights of the many charms of quaint and historic places around Britain :thumbsup:

I would like to once again salute the dedication, hard work and enthusiasm of the thousands of people who so generously dedicate their free time and week ends to help keep alive their cultural heritage for us to enjoy all around the United Kingdom, as we often forget that many places of beauty and interest can also be found on our very doorstep.

Karim

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 7:38 pm

So it is with Marlow that I will resume the tread of my Postcards on a Saturday morning in April by mid summer temperatures after one of the longest and coldest winter on record :cool:...

Karim

BristolUK Apr 25th 2018 7:49 pm

Karim, you really like to make people homesick don't you. :lol:

Not me though, but fabulous stuff as always. :thumbup:

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 7:55 pm

Karim

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 8:14 pm

Karim

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 8:37 pm

Karim

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 9:15 pm

Karim

feelbritish Apr 25th 2018 9:26 pm

Perhaps I will meet you somewhere around my "home" town! Will be looking out for a chap taking pics this Saturday when I wonder around especially in Liston Square!

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 9:42 pm

Thank you so much for your first comment on my thread :britflag:

I will look forward to seeing you at Cafe Satollo :cool:

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 9:45 pm

Karim

BristolUK Apr 25th 2018 10:17 pm

I want to move to Marlow.

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 10:24 pm

Karim

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 10:52 pm

Karim

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 11:16 pm

Karim

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 11:31 pm

Karim

victorian67 Apr 25th 2018 11:49 pm

Karim

victorian67 Apr 26th 2018 12:12 am

Karim

victorian67 Apr 26th 2018 4:55 am

Karim

victorian67 Apr 26th 2018 5:08 am

Karim

victorian67 Apr 26th 2018 5:20 am

Karim

victorian67 Apr 26th 2018 5:31 am

Thank you so much for following this postcard and see you soon for a discovery of Windsor, city in which I lived for 8 years and have not revisited for 10 years, where the Royal Wedding will soon take place :thumbsup:

Karim:cool:

victorian67 Apr 27th 2018 9:24 pm

Welcome to Bath !

Good evening,

I hope that you are all well and enjoying the explosion of colours a glorious Springtime has brought to the UK - and France - in a matter of a few days after the mini heatwave we experienced last week. The weather has gone back to "normal" but every sign of Springtime is there for us to see everywhere.

A glorious Springtime also accompanied my first travel experience in the UK discovering the beautiful World Heritage city of Bath which I found to be very impressive from the moment I set foot on its ancient paved streets.

There is so much to see in Bath in terms of wonderful architectural details that historic references that one feels very humble when trying to unlock its mystery and many charms for the first time and I would really recommend allowing two days to capture its true spirit.

Like many before me, I associated Bath with Jane Austen's novels and the famous Pump Room, but nothing can prepare you to take in the sheer grandeur and magnificence of the Royal Crescent which on the April day I visited it greeted me with a full bloom daffodils filled lawn.

Founded by the Romans who built a temple dedicated to Sul, a Celtic God and Minerva, the Goddess of healing, Bath soon became associated with it public baths supplied by hot springs.

After the Romans left, the Saxons invaded England and in 973, Edgar, the first King of England was crowned in Bath.

During the middle ages, people would come from far to bath in the hot springs hoping it would cure their ailments. It is interesting to note that as early as 1661, Bath water was bottled and sold.

At the time, the main industry was the manufacture of woollen clothe.

By the late 17th century, Bath was still a quiet market town until an extravagant wigged adventurer who had just dropped out Oxford University, the Army and the Law, and earned his money as a gambler took advantage of the visit of Queen Anne to the city in 1802 to make a fortune and influential friends. His name was Richard Nash aka the Beau Nash, a man on a mission to transform Bath into a fashionable resort filled with spectacular new buildings, orchestras, balls and his gambling circles, a city that would rival London as the place to be seen.

I started my day walking along the river Avon to the picturesque Pulteney bridge, then to Bath Abbey with a spot of lunch at Sally Lunn who was a young French refugee who found work in a bakery in which she prepared a round and generous bread known as the Sally Lunn bun which became a popular delicacy in Georgian England, still served today in the original house, since 1482 !

I then headed towards the Roman Baths and boarded the sightseeing hop on hop off bus which took me around the city and up to the hills to the refreshing and tranquil environment of the Victoria Park heavenly on the late afternoon.

Bath truly is a treasure of a town which I will revisit as there is still so much to learn and see about it.

I cannot resist sharing with you an amusing anecdote about the young Victoria who long before she became Queen visited Bath at the tender age of 11 years old for the opening of the Victoria park located next to the Royal Crescent, spent 2 days in the city before returning to London. But her visit did not meet Bath's fashion standards with a local newspaper reporting "her ridiculous dress and fat ankles". Needless to say that the future Queen did not take it well and NEVER came back to Bath again in her lifetime.

On her 50th Golden Jubilee, the Mayor of the Town had all the Dignitaries lining on the platform, a huge brass band and a multitude of little Children waving little flags...and when the Royal Train approached the City, a very bitter Queen Victoria asked the train speed to be doubled and all the blinds to be lowered so that she could not see this "odious" City :lol:

If unlike Queen Victoria, you are planning a visit to enjoy the many charms of Bath, the Bath Festival will celebrate its 70th anniversary with a plethora of multi arts talents from 11th to 27th May 2018.

And for those who enjoy stepping back into times, why not attending the Jane Austen Festival Regency Costumed Summer Ball held at the Guildhall on Saturday 07th July 2018 with doors opening at 18.30, dancing at 19.00 and carriages at 11.00pm, simply irresistible :thumbsup:

I wish you all a great week-end :thumbup:

Karim

victorian67 May 1st 2018 9:24 am

Welcome to YORK !

Good morning from sunny but nippy Marlow as the short lived mini heatwave we experienced last week was soon followed by "bloody cold" days as one my Friends told me yesterday when I mentioned the "nippy" word :lol:

Being a Traveller ever since I earned my first salary, I have always researched the places I was about the visit, starting in 1988 with a tour of Greece which had me becoming a library rat on classical Greece, then a cruise on the Nile inspired by the Agatha Christies 1970's movie Death on the Nile on the SS Time Machine, which had me knowing all about the different dynasties. But I must admit, that my decision of heading towards YORK was a last minute one, with no other clue about the city than it was related to the House of YORK. Yes I know, that is not much :o

So it is with a totally opened mind that I first set foot in YORK on a glorious April day filled with Spring blooms at the bottom of the wall surrounding the city. A city wall walk which, like in Chester, offers great views over the city.

In the few hours that followed, I fell in love with YORK which has since then become my favorite city in the UK and I later succumbed to the charms and diversity of scenery of the North Yorkshire :thumbsup:

I later learned that the city walls of YORK with foundations dating back to the Roman occupation are the most complete example still standing in today's England and include 4 main gates or "bars" : Bootham, Monk, Walmgate and Micklegate bars ).

I then headed towards the towering Minster Cathedral which is visible from as far as the eye can see and would dwarf any human being standing next to it by its sheer size. The Northern Europe largest Gothic cathedral took nearly 250 years of ingenious building works before it was consecrated in 1472.

The Shambles were my next sight of wonder with a name synonymous with a maze of twisting, narrow lanes which are part of the charm of the city of YORK and are arguably the best preserved medieval street in the world.

The Shambles was a street of butchers’ shops and houses, many complete with a slaughterhouse at the back of the premises. The meat was hung up outside the shops and laid out for sale on what are now the shop window-bottoms. It is still possible to see some of the original butcher’s meat-hooks attached to the shop fronts.

Lacking modern-day sanitation facilities, there was a constant problem of how to dispose of the waste produced by the slaughter of animals in the city. The pavements are raised either side of the cobbled street to form a channel where the butchers would wash away the waste and blood twice a week.

In some sections of the Shambles it is possible to touch both sides of the street with your arms outstretched. The architecture which now appears so quaint had a very practical purpose. The overhanging timber-framed fronts of the buildings are deliberately close-set so as to give shelter to the walls below. This would also have protected the meat from any direct sunshine.

Being a keen model train amateur since the age of 7 years old, I have always been fascinated with everything related to trains and the magnificent YORK train station and National Railway Museum were a must see for me.

The railway came to YORK in 1839 and by the early 20th century, it employed 5.500 people, being a major railway centre. It is when I later researched the history of the railway in and around YORK that I learned about the "NAVVIES" who in Victorian times were synonymous with gang of people who contributed to build the railway throughout Britain. By 1850, their work force gathered over a quarter million men - a force bigger than the Army and the Royal Navy put together - who helped laying 3000 miles of railway line across the country in very difficult and dangerous working conditions.

The National Railway Museum features iconic steam locomotives such as the Mallard, the Rocket and many more, not to forget Queen Victoria's Royal Train - possibly the one who doubled its speed when passing through the "infamous" city of Bath -...

And finally a little anecdote about YORK's most infamous character, Dick TURPIN who became a highwayman who after he shot and killed a man, fled to Yorkshire. He stole horses in Lincolnshire and returned with them to Brough to sell, a trade which was exposed while he was in Beverley House of Correction having shot his landlord’s cockerel.He gave his name as John Palmer.

He was then moved to York Castle, from where he wrote to his brother asking for help. His brother refused to pay the sixpence due on the letter and it was returned to the local post office – where Turpin’s old schoolmaster recognised his handwriting. His identity was revealed and he was sentenced to death.

At his hanging at Tyburn, Turpin hired five professional mourners to follow him up the scaffold and he put on a show for the large crowd.

His body was dug up by a labourer and taken to the garden of a surgeon, who paid for corpses for illegal medical dissection. But York people discovered what had happened and descended in an angry mob on the surgeon’s house, and Turpin was laid to rest for good. The doctor and the labourer were arrested and fined.

Turpin became a legend after his death :lol:

No visit to YORK will be complete without a welcoming pause at the ultra quaint and tiniest coffee shop I have come across - and God knows I have been to a few - located at Lendal Bridge over the River Rouse and a must see.

I invite you to follow my footsteps as I discovered the magnificent city of YORK by a glorious Springtime day ...

Karim

victorian67 May 1st 2018 9:32 am

Karim

victorian67 May 1st 2018 9:33 am

Karim

victorian67 May 1st 2018 9:36 am

Karim

victorian67 May 1st 2018 9:38 am

How could I possibly resist the charm of Circles Cafe :thumbsup:

Karim

victorian67 May 3rd 2018 8:53 am

Good morning ;)

I hope that you are all well and ready to welcome at last Springtime which is

coming to the UK this week end with temperatures in their 20s.

The mini heatwave was short lived and followed by a rather cold weather which had us all wrap up again in winter coats and scarfs.

But it seems that things are about to change as I can assure that in the British Isles everyone is on the starting blocks to enjoy all the delights of such a long expected Springtime.

I often think that I do not know any other nation in the world so prompt to adapt to a sudden change of weather in order to make the most of it than England who has master the Art of dressing up to the occasion :lol:

I would like to thank BristolUK and Feelbritish for their comments on my thread and will welcome all your suggestions of places of interest to visit around the UK.

I am beyond excited to jump aboard the modern version of the Marlow Donkey on my way to Windsor on Saturday morning and revisit a place I have last seen in April 2008 and a town I truly loved being part of for 8 wonderful years :thumbsup:
I wish you a great relaxing week-end wherever you are around the world :britflag:
Karim

victorian67 May 7th 2018 11:40 am

Royal Windsor located in the Royal Borough celebrating the Royal Wedding on 19th May 2018, quite a statement for a city which will make the international news headlines in the weeks to come...

But my visit to Windsor was more a trip down memory lane as I set foot on the Windsor & Eton train station for the first time in a decade on the first day of what is set to be the warmer and sunnier May Bank Holiday week-end in 40 years. It is rather amusing that England which is often associated with rain is often pictured in my Postcards basking under a glorious sun and this Saturday was no exception.

I am not a nostalgic person by nature, more inclined to move forward than looking back over my shoulder, but I was nevertheless a little apprehensive of revisiting a place I loved living in and being a part of for 8 years.

And as I was taking one last glance at the magnificent castle before embarking on my journey back towards Marlow, my heart was filled with the joy that the Windsor I knew back then was still the beautiful Windsor of today which truly enchanted, once again.

As soon as I stepped out on the train platform, I was immediately greeted with banners and a multitude of Union Jack flag buntings announcing
the Royal Wedding as they would in Medieval times and giving the whole city a joyous and festive feel.

The British Nation loves celebrating and the Royal Wedding will be no exception as many will raise their glass to the good health of Harry & Meghan in pubs all around the country. And maybe a pint of the Harry & Meghan Windsor Knot limited edition beer launched this March by a Berkshire based Brewery using locally grown barley on the Windsor Royal Farm and also Champagne yeast, if you please.

Weather wise, after a short lived mini heat wave illustrated in my Postcard on Marlow, the 2 weeks that followed were cold enough for us all to wrap again in winter coats and scarfs until this week-end when England is finally awakening for good to a sunny Springtime at last. And I can assure you that each and everyone of us here in the UK, have been waiting for that moment all winter long, more ready than ever to grab a pair of sunglasses, tee shirt and shorts and finally step outside and enjoy the sun. And this is precisely what myself and a crowd of tourists coming from all over the world did on that gorgeous Saturday.

The first thing that catches the eye of the visitor is the Castle which is visible from almost everywhere in town and beyond and dominates the scenery by its sheer size which one truly appreciates when trying to take a panoramic picture of it from High St or simply sitting on the lawn that surrounds it at the bottom of its imposing walls.

Located 25 miles away west of London, Windsor offers no less than 2 Victorian train stations : Windsor & Eton Central Station located opposite the castle and now part of the luxurious Royal Windsor Shopping Centre and the Windsor & Eton Riverside Station located by the river. For the amateurs like myself of everything Victorian, a replica of the Great Western steam locomotive named the Queen as per association with Queen Victoria's Royal Train is still visible in the Windsor & Eton Central Station. Both lines are still operated by the Great Western Railway to this day and the stations in their preserved Victorian style are some of the cutest I have seen in the UK.

Karim

victorian67 May 7th 2018 7:09 pm

Windsor Castle is known be the Queen's favorite castle where she spends many week-ends throughout the year. When she is in residence, the royal standard flies over the round tower.Windsor Castle, largest inhabited castle in the world is the oldest royal residence to have remained in continuous use by the monarchs of Britain. Built by William the Conqueror within what was a royal hunting forest ( now Windsor Great Park ) after the Norman conquest in 1066 covers an area of 13 acres.

The castle was enlarged throughout the centuries by the Monarchs in residence such as Henri II who built the round tower, Edward III who built a Gothic palace in medieval times and was so inspired by tales of King Arthur and the chivalry of the Knights of the Round Table that he set up his own group of honourable knights, called the Order of the Garter. An order still celebrated to this day with Knights,both male and female, chosen from a variety of backgrounds, in recognition for their public service. The patron saint of the Order is St George (patron saint of soldiers and also of England) and its spiritual home of the Order is St George's Chapel, Windsor.The 1000 years old history the city of Windsor shares with its castle can be found in many historic and quaint buildings throughout the town.

A must see for many tourists visiting Windsor is the Changing of the Guards which occurs at 11am Mondays to Saturdays from April to the end of July and on alternate days for the rest of the year. Accompanied by a military band, the Guards are marching from the Barracks to High ST and the castle in a colourful and musical display. On the Saturday I visited Windsor, the Welsh Guards and band were marching.Karim

victorian67 May 7th 2018 7:14 pm

The history of Windsor is also strongly connected to the Thames River as William the Conqueror is known to have travelled the Thames as far as Wallingford. It runs through the Royal Borough and provides some of the best views to the town & Castle.

Boat trips are available from £9.40 for the 40 minutes round trip on the Thames which can be navigated upstream towards Oxford and downstream towards London. Great walking trails run on its banks providing excellent and secluded picnic areas. The boats are travelling at a speed of 5 miles per hour.

A little anecdote I learned while cruising towards the Boveney Lock with French Brothers is that of the Windsor Men's Swimming Baths which were created in the mid 19th century by a Mr TAYLOR who ran a shop opposite the Parish Church. The Baths opened in 1858 but were moved in 1870 because of their proximity to the railway following a complaint of Queen Victoria who thought inappropriate to see men bathing. They were then relocated to a new site on Jacobs island, and in 1909, Ladies Baths were officially opened.

Windsor is also connected by a bridge to ETON, home of the famous King's College founded in 1440 by Henry VI to educate 70 "worthy boys" with free education. Boys who were at the time living in harsh conditions, waking at 5am, chanting prayers while they dressed and starting work in Long Chamber from 06am. The teaching was in Latin and if a student was found speaking English, he was flogged. From the 70 initial boys, the college expanded to 1300 boys aged from 13 to 18. The fee for the academic year runs over £30.000 but also offers bursaries and scholarships. The school is known for its traditions which include a black tail coat, waistcoat and pinstriped trousers. ETON is famous for its tailors shops on High St amongst those, Tom Brown which has supplied ETON College uniform for over 200 years.
I will finish this introduction to Windsor with a little anecdote concerning the swans which can be seen all along the river Thames in cities such as Windsor, Marlow, Henley on Thames, Cookham and other riverside cities.

By prerogative, the British Crown enjoys ownership of all unmarked swans in open water. The connection of Monarchs with the swans dates back to the time when Kings of the Tudor era such as Henry VIII enjoyed having swans cooked and served at his banquet table. A taboo food of the era, swans were exclusively reserved for royalty and aristocracy. Anyone caught catching one would end up for stay at the London Tower.

Swans have been the Royal status since the 12th century and are still the subject of an annual census to this date known as "swan upping" which consists in rounding up, catching, ringing and finally releasing the bird every summer.
An interesting fact about swans is that they cannot differentiate shades of grey resulting in them often seing structures such as bridges too late in murky weather. In order to avoid them hitting such structures over the water, red dots are painted along the bridges whichh can easily be seen by the birds who can then land safely on the water.

Karim

victorian67 May 7th 2018 7:55 pm

2018 Windsor Calendar of Events

Royal Horse Show - 09th to 13th May 2018

The Royal Wedding on 19th May 2018

Royal Ascot Racecourse - 09th to 23rd June 2018

Swan Upping - 16th to 20th July 2018

Windsor Festival - 16th to 30th September 2018

I now invite you to follow me as I was revisiting Windsor for the first time in 10 years through the enchanted eyes of the tourist I have become in a city I used to call home, a journey starting from the terminal train station of Marlow early morning on Saturday :thumbup:...
Karim

victorian67 May 8th 2018 7:03 am

Karim

victorian67 May 8th 2018 7:28 am

Karim

victorian67 May 8th 2018 8:03 am

Karim

BristolUK May 8th 2018 2:28 pm

How do you make such "ordinary" sights so interesting and appealing? :thumbsup:

victorian67 May 8th 2018 5:34 pm

Thank you so much for your comment and following my Postcards :britflag:

You have truly made my day :thumbsup:

victorian67 May 8th 2018 6:01 pm

Karim

victorian67 May 8th 2018 6:16 pm

Karim