The Plan

Old Jun 18th 2013, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

jkgoulds will become famous soon enoughjkgoulds will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Plan

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I was thinking that too...but the cheapskate in me thinks of what I could buy with that £45...lol, food for a week maybe?? Then I'd have to pay $100 at the airport for the extra suitcase, which in the grand scheme of things is probably a lot cheaper than it would be sending it on later. I looked online at taxi's from Manchester Airport and that was what they quoted me. I think that might be if I booked from here, so don't know how different it would be if I just turn up and get a taxi from there without making a booking.
There was a ton of taxis waiting for buisness outside the arrival terminals at manchester and there is a free shuttle bus service to get you around the airport so I think you would be okay to just turn up to one, plus they are some super friendly staff!

If you want a trolley for your luggage, dont forget to have a pound!
Old Jun 19th 2013, 3:17 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Down to the last few days now!

Still got one or two loose ends to tie up but nothing insurmountable. They've finally hired my replacement at work. I know her and really like her. We're meeting on Thursday evening so I can hand my samples off to her (YAY!!!) and give her an overview of the territory.

My son is buying my car and we have the paperwork to do on that which will hopefully happen today.

A couple of gifts to buy, a few people to see, a party to go to on Saturday, off to my son's on Sunday, airport on Monday, home on Tuesday in time for Wimbledon
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Redgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to all

Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:41 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a bit of an anxiety attack. I had been emailing my son in England, in English, and was then composing an email to a work colleague here and I couldn't think how to put it in American so he'd understand. Obviously, part of me has already left!

Usually, when I go back to the UK, I start speaking English the moment I get to Heathrow and I'm sure it will be more like my native language the longer I'm there. I wonder if I will still be able to translate when I'm talking to the Home Office at work.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 3:46 pm

Leaving Boulder today. My friends threw a party for me last night. There was cake and they sang Happy Trails to me and made me cry.

It was such a beautiful night and the Super Moon seemed like a fitting end to my time here.

Today I will pay my last respects to Chief Niwot as I leave town and ask him to release his curse on me. The story goes that just before he was killed in the Sand Creek Massacre, he placed a curse on Boulder that whoever came to the valley would be so struck by its beauty that they would always want to come back and it would be ruined by overpopulation. I don't think he was that kind of guy but I do hope he lets me go!
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Leaving Boulder today. My friends threw a party for me last night. There was cake and they sang Happy Trails to me and made me cry.

It was such a beautiful night and the Super Moon seemed like a fitting end to my time here.

Today I will pay my last respects to Chief Niwot as I leave town and ask him to release his curse on me. The story goes that just before he was killed in the Sand Creek Massacre, he placed a curse on Boulder that whoever came to the valley would be so struck by its beauty that they would always want to come back and it would be ruined by overpopulation. I don't think he was that kind of guy but I do hope he lets me go!
Get that Essex girl attitude going, put the bovver boots on and let them have it girlfriend