British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/over-50s-moving-back-uk-part-ii-699504/)

cheers Nov 21st 2011 10:42 pm

Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

If I read it right the train goes none stop to London, from Eastbourne, and it is an hour and half trip approximately. £17.

cheers Nov 21st 2011 10:54 pm

I liked this one.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...?premiumA=true

cheers Nov 21st 2011 10:56 pm

I liked this one.

Why is rightmove doing away with the street views? I have seen most of the listings that say, street view not available.

Like this one also

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-34589978.html

trottytrue Nov 22nd 2011 2:03 am

Just wanted to post and say thankyou for all your good wishes. I finally have the information on my treatment and hopefully a future. Not everything is a cetainty but then what is.

I start my chemo on the 12th December. I have to have a shunt in place by then. I will go for treatment every two weeks and spend one day at the hosptial and a nurse will come to my home the second day and boost the pack I will carry for two days. Apparently its better getting it pumped in slower gives less side effects. I will have it for 6 months and then hopefully things should look much better.

I will not go into further details as this forum is for moving back home but just know I will be here and one day get to go home. We are going to move in with our daughter who is buying a home.

For those of you selling we have seen some really bad houses really badly decorated and no staging whatsoever. One house had two sun chairs in the living room and a plastic palm tree. When i thought of all the work I put into our old home I could not believe it. These houses were not cheap. Walls in most were painted awful colours.

cheers Nov 22nd 2011 2:40 am

Originally Posted by trottytrue (Post 9747186)
Just wanted to post and say thankyou for all your good wishes. I finally have the information on my treatment and hopefully a future. Not everything is a cetainty but then what is.

I start my chemo on the 12th December. I have to have a shunt in place by then. I will go for treatment every two weeks and spend one day at the hosptial and a nurse will come to my home the second day and boost the pack I will carry for two days. Apparently its better getting it pumped in slower gives less side effects. I will have it for 6 months and then hopefully things should look much better.

I will not go into further details as this forum is for moving back home but just know I will be here and one day get to go home. We are going to move in with our daughter who is buying a home.

For those of you selling we have seen some really bad houses really badly decorated and no staging whatsoever. One house had two sun chairs in the living room and a plastic palm tree. When i thought of all the work I put into our old home I could not believe it. These houses were not cheap. Walls in most were painted awful colours.

I think I speak for all of us and wish you continued recovery.
Cheers

bandrui Nov 22nd 2011 2:54 am

What an ordeal Trotty. It's good that you are moving in with your daughter.. I'm sure she'll take good care of you. All the best for a complete recovery :thumbsup:.

bandrui Nov 22nd 2011 2:56 am

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9746898)
I liked this one.

Why is rightmove doing away with the street views? I have seen most of the listings that say, street view not available.

Like this one also

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-34589978.html

The first one has street view Cheers. It's not Rightmove that determines the Street View. The Google camera didn't make it to every street. Sometimes it's a dead end street or an alley. Sometimes just not covered by Google.

Beedubya Nov 22nd 2011 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome (Post 9746442)

Alrighty then :)

I'm sorry about your operation ...heres to a very speedy recovery Cheers.

Seconded, get well soon Cheers. :thumbsup:

Beedubya Nov 22nd 2011 3:14 am

Originally Posted by aries (Post 9746574)
My offer to buy a 2 bedroom flat in Eastbourne has been rejected, so I shall add another £5000 tomorrow.

It is an absolutely perfect location for me, one block from the seafront, and 5 minutes walk from the shops. A very nice street too.

Curiously it is lacking white goods in the kitchen, so I have to take this into account. I would also need to renovate the shower room, and have a wardrobe fitted in the main bedroom.

Que Sera Sera . . .

Wow Aries, no flies on you!!!!!! :thumbsup:

(possibly an Australian saying? Sometimes I know I come out with odd things and I think everybody understands me until I get a puzzled look, but you will know what I mean. :))

Beedubya Nov 22nd 2011 3:20 am

It's so good to hear from you TT, you know we have all been worried about you and you must know you are in all of our prayers.

This is just a little blip, you will be home before you know it, and at least you will have your daughter's support and that will be nice for all of you.

So what will happen to the rental by the seaside you were in? I hope you didn't lose out too much but at the end of the day our health is the most important thing in the world. Is your daughter buying in NH or are you moving interstate?

Here's to a speedy recovery and do keep us up to date with your happenings, it's at times like this you will need your friends around you and that's what we have all become.

Celticspirit Nov 22nd 2011 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9747273)
Wow Aries, no flies on you!!!!!! :thumbsup:

(possibly an Australian saying? Sometimes I know I come out with odd things and I think everybody understands me until I get a puzzled look, but you will know what I mean. :))

Not an Aussie expression.......it all of a sudden reminded of my daddy.....he used it all the time for someone who was not naive. Miss my Dad. He was the best.

Celticspirit Nov 22nd 2011 3:41 am

It is so good to know you have family here. I send you prayers and wish you the best for your upcoming treatments

Mummy in the foothills Nov 22nd 2011 4:14 am

:fingerscrossed: hoping it all goes quickly and you feel well throughout it all. After all this you may be moving about the same time as Sally and myself.
I'm sure your Daughter is happy to have you close while you get your treatment, I know I would be if you were my Mum. (((hugs)))

aries Nov 22nd 2011 6:35 am

Originally Posted by bandrui (Post 9746844)
Well, even though I had thought it might be best to rent first, I am really glad that you have found something so suitable so quickly. Here's to a successful conclusion :sunglasses:.

How are you liking being back in England so far?

The weather has been mild, and is much more comfortable for me than struggling in Adelaide's heat. I like the feel of cool air. Also with overcast skies I am not suffering from the sun's glare, my clip-on sun glasses have never been adequate especially while riding a bike in Oz.

I continue to be astonished by the low prices in shops. With family members constantly telling me that everything is expensive, they should try shopping in Coles or Woolies in Adelaide. And pricing white goods in shops yesterday, they also seem to be cheaper. However I have yet to face fuel bills, management fees and council tax for a flat. These will be high for me, so what I gain in one direction, I will lose in another.

I am using an iPad to write this, and don't know how to add links, also when I click onto a link I lose the forum, so please understand if I don't comment on links. It was all so much simpler with the big iMac I left behind. Which reminds me, Macs are more expensive in England, but once I'm settled I shall buy another one.

jasper123 Nov 22nd 2011 9:43 am

Trotty,
Im sure everyone on here appreciates you posting and keeping us informed,
I hope the treatment goes well for you and in time this nightmare will be a distant memory,
I have always believed in fate and that things are meant to happen to each and everyone of us for a reason, and they happen sometimes at the right time, like with you Avril, just think how much worse you and Hubby would have felt if this happened to you after a few months of being home in England, at least you have your Daughter there, and moving in with her may be a nice solution for you for the time being,
God bless you my dear friend.
Take care,
Rodney.