Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 2:46 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by aries
I finally have my one-way ticket to Heathrow, and leave on Wednesday 9th November from Adelaide with Singapore Airlines.

SQ 278 from Adelaide, then SQ 322 from Singapore later in the day.

I'm having problems using an iPad (it keeps telling me I'm not connected to the Internet), and with little credit and gb available, I've not been able to read the forums. I will be glad when I've resettled and can buy a new iMac.

Wish me luck, at the ge of 73 it is a big move by myself.

However, my brother and his wife will meet me at Heathrow, and also help me to find a flat. I shall be spending Christmas with my sister near Lincoln, and if I'm able, my friend living near Heidelberg in Germany would like me to visit for the New Year. If I do I hope there is snow, I haven't seen any for about 40 years.
That is going to be one amazing emotional trip home. Heres hoping you get to throw a few snowballs. for a smooth flight.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

I finally have my one-way ticket to Heathrow, and leave on Wednesday 9th November from Adelaide with Singapore Airlines.

I'm having problems using an iPad (it keeps telling me I'm not connected to the Internet), and with little credit and gb available, I've not been able to read the forums. I will be glad when I've resettled and can buy a new iMac.

However, my brother and his wife will meet me at Heathrow, and also help me to find a flat. I shall be spending Christmas with my sister near Lincoln, and if I'm able, my friend living near Heidelberg in Germany would like me to visit for the New Year. If I do I hope there is snow, I haven't seen any for about 40 years.
Congratulations! There's no feeling in the world like that plane touching down and this time you know its for keeps! Not long now and its lovely to be looking forward to a Christmas at home, this will also be my first here (45 years). Good luck and have a safe trip
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:29 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Well folks after MANY job applications for House Manager jobs I FINALLY have an interview next Thursday for 2 jobs at 2 Peverel developments, about a 10 minute walk from each other according to Google.

The jobs are in New Malden, Surrey, I have no idea of what it's like down there but I will soon find out.

Fingers crossed for me everybody I think I may have gypsy blood.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Well folks after MANY job applications for House Manager jobs I FINALLY have an interview next Thursday for 2 jobs at 2 Peverel developments, about a 10 minute walk from each other according to Google.

The jobs are in New Malden, Surrey, I have no idea of what it's like down there but I will soon find out.

Good luck, Bee!!

Tina
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck aries! A big move indeed but an exciting one and it sounds as if it's something you really need to do for yourself, go back home to the UK.

And Heidelberg for New Year--it's supposed to be a lovely town.

Tina
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have I missed something, or have we not heard from TrottyTrue since her operation?

Tina
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

its very nice there....
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful news Bee. Wishing you the best of everything :-)
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 9:02 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news! Sounds like the new CV did the trick! Good luck and keep us posted
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 9:37 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Excellent news! Sounds like the new CV did the trick! Good luck and keep us posted
Yes Sally thanks to you and Bandrui (Linda) I revamped my CV to be more job specific and cut out a load of irrelevant crap LOL!!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW aries, thats fantastic that you have got your one way ticket and your leaving November 9th, WOW after 40 years in Oz, well when I left America after 36 years there and at 65 years old to come home I thought that was a big deal, and it was, but you beat me, aries I wish you a comfortable flight home, and when you get here I hope everything for you will go as smooth as it went for me, dont worry about a thing, it all comes together, and you quickly get into the way of life here,
And the main thing is that you do have some family to come back to, and your Brother will help you find a flat,
OMG how exciting for you, just a few days away, WOW, I cant help saying WOW ----- cause it is a big WOW, you are brave to take this great big leap,
We all are actually,
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
Congratulations! There's no feeling in the world like that plane touching down and this time you know its for keeps! Not long now and its lovely to be looking forward to a Christmas at home, this will also be my first here (45 years). Good luck and have a safe trip
Curleytops have fun on your first Christmas over here for 45 years, my first Christmas in 36 years was last Christmas, cant believe Ive already been home in this glorious land for almost a year now
Rodney.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Go get em tiger!!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by between two worlds
Have I missed something, or have we not heard from TrottyTrue since her operation?

Tina
Yes I have been worried about trottytrue also,
trotty PLEASE check in with us.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Just checking New Malden. It is upscale because of being next to Kingston on Thames.

It looks like a nice place if you have big bucks.

Rents are about £1400 a month for something decent. (I know you don't have to worry about that). To buy a place would be £600,000. Just sayin.

I hope you are in a good part of Malden.

So when is your interview?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.