Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 29th 2011, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

For me it is not so much the travel as that Wee Mac is alone for too many hours, I do have a lady who will come in starting Monday to take him out for an hour every day and I am hoping that will help. Unfortunately the car will also be used to go to clients homes and do assesment, but I do get an allowance for that. It has been a very busy two days getting used to how the new office works, they are really into micro management which is great in the long run but not so good when you are new, seemed like all I did was ask questions.

I am sure everything will settled after a few weeks, it is just getting through the next two weeks, Well better go , Mac is wrestling with the sheepskin rug and losing the battle. Barb hope you get a decision on the job soon but I am sure you will make it work either way. Jackie, welcome home I am sure you are soaking up all the love.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, everyone..
Well its been three days, and my sleep is still all messed up, but it is great to be here. I have had fish n' chips, sausauge rolls, and am up to about 800 on the cups of tea (witch may have something to do with my sleep being messed up)..lol. The weather is very cold, yesterday was sunny, but today it is gray again.
Good news Dowton Abbey has already been on here, but they are going to show it again soon, so I see the rest of it

Bee and Don, not long for you now..its funny, as soon as you get here its almost like you never left...
Will wright more later...
Jackie
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Hi, everyone..
Well its been three days, and my sleep is still all messed up, but it is great to be here. I have had fish n' chips, sausauge rolls, and am up to about 800 on the cups of tea (witch may have something to do with my sleep being messed up)..lol. The weather is very cold, yesterday was sunny, but today it is gray again.
Good news Dowton Abbey has already been on here, but they are going to show it again soon, so I see the rest of it

Bee and Don, not long for you now..its funny, as soon as you get here its almost like you never left...
Jackie
Sorry cant spell today.. Oh and I already signed up with a GP, and have my first appointment next week. The GPs office is in the next Village over, so not far at all..
Jackie
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry cant spell today.. Oh and I already signed up with a GP, and have my first appointment next week. The GPs office is in the next Village over, so not far at all..
Jackie
Great to hear from you Jackie. Fish & Chips .... Yum Yum
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Hi, everyone..
Jackie
Hi Jackie - Nice to know you are there OK. Even Tippawan ( My Wife) said to me this morning, only three weeks till we leave here! Today , been to see the Chinese New Year in, at a friends house. - she is Chinese, and a Widow , and, a lovely person. Take Care Love dontheturner xxx
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
True!

How about people no longer naming their son Richard?
And how come nobody in UK names there Son (RANDY) in America though its fairly common, ----- of course the word Randy does not have the meaning of Horny in America,
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I've been reading Enid Blyton books to Dd lately, and theres an awful lot of being gay and having a gay time in those, I just switch the word to happy Otherwise my little parrot will be shouting I'm have a gay day or gay time all over the school yard and I'll be having a chat with the teacher
Very funny
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tarr Ducks!

Whats wrong with the name Randy???
Cheers are you American?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
And how come nobody in UK names there Son (RANDY) in America though its fairly common, ----- of course the word Randy does not have the meaning of Horny in America,
I think Randy is actually short for the name Randall (?) And you're right - it doesn't have the same connotation here!!!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Hi Cheers,

The days including the travelling start at 0500 when I get up and finish when I get home at around 8pm. The travelling is a killer, so I am going to look at a used car sooner rather than later, my only problem is that back in Canada I actually knew quite a bit about cars including what an engine should sound and run like. But here I am a bit of a fish out of water and worry about buying a real lemon that will cost me more than it is worth. I have looked on the internet but I am not sure what is a good car and what isn't, some of the name are not what I usually would see back in Canada. My dad owned a Singer Gazelle bought it brand new and remember how comfortable it was.
Hi Ed, nice to hear from you again, totally understand how tired you must be with all that traveling, Why dont you ask people at work if they know a mechanic or anyone who knows how to check out a car, most times if you ask around you will be able to find someone like that and usually they would be only too pleased to check out a car for you to make sure everything is good and running well mechanically,----- once you have chosen one you like,
Especially in UK where I have found people help people,
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie
So glad you got back safe and sound Jackie!! Keep us posted and let us know how you're getting on. Take care of yourself.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Does anyone know the drug Rodney was put on to help him quit smoking? (Why don't you ask him?)
It is important because of something I read in todays Las Vegas newspaper.
Champix --- 3 month course, two tablets a day, I am on week six now of taking the drug, I quit smoking January 1st 2011 as a new years resilotion,
Since I have been on the drug I have not had any desire to light up a cigerete, all the craving has been totaly taken away from me ----- and so far with no side affects
Old Jan 29th 2011, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Champix --- 3 month course, two tablets a day, I am on week six now of taking the drug, I quit smoking January 1st 2011 as a new years resilotion,
Since I have been on the drug I have not had any desire to light up a cigerete, all the craving has been totaly taken away from me ----- and so far with no side affects
How long do you have to take it for and does it contain Nicotine?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good for you Rodney - keep it up! I love to hear of people quitting smoking. It is so bad for your health. My dad died from lung cancer 13 years ago. It really upset me. There is so much help out there now for people to be able to quit and I think that's great.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Hi Cheers,

The days including the travelling start at 0500 when I get up and finish when I get home at around 8pm. The travelling is a killer, so I am going to look at a used car sooner rather than later, my only problem is that back in Canada I actually knew quite a bit about cars including what an engine should sound and run like. But here I am a bit of a fish out of water and worry about buying a real lemon that will cost me more than it is worth. I have looked on the internet but I am not sure what is a good car and what isn't, some of the name are not what I usually would see back in Canada. My dad owned a Singer Gazelle bought it brand new and remember how comfortable it was.
That is such a long day for you. You must be exhausted when you get home. I hope you manage to find yourself a car soon. Rodney mentioned having a mechanic giving you advice if you know any. If not, perhaps the RAC or AA have that kind of service? I'm a big fan of Honda. I've had my Civic for 10 (going on 11) years and I've never had a problem with it (only had to replace tires, brakes and battery). The Honda Jazz (the Honda Fit here in the US) is a great little car and gives great gas mileage. My nephew (who lives in Scotland) got himself a used Honda Jazz last year and he loves it. Fish & Chips56 who posts on here knows a lot about cars and I know he likes Honda too. Fish & Chips where are you?? ED needs advice on cars!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.