Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:58 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Probably coz the store owners have to pay so much for health insurance....oops...sorry..

god, give it a rest people!!!!!!!!

Somebody tell me what they like about the English monarchy. No anti-monarchists, please, just tell me why you like the monarchy, why you like the Queen, childhood memories of the Queen's Speech on Christmas Day, etc., etc., etc.

I love the monarchy. Long may it exist and long live the Queen!!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL

Somebody tell me what they like about the English monarchy. No anti-monarchists, please, just tell me why you like the monarchy, why you like the Queen, childhood memories of the Queen's Speech on Christmas Day, etc., etc., etc.

It was a joke DDL chill out!!!

The Monarchy is our Heritage, its a sense of pride..we once ruled the world, they are decendance from a different time..when the world was a smaller place, and our country was a huge part of it.....they are now just figure heads, but are a reminder of our wonderful history......just sayin!!..
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:17 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL

I think the Queen deserves a medal ... perhaps she should award herself one at the next Queen's Honours ceremony.

Can you imagine anyone else of her age working as hard as she does - and always being in the public eye. Whatever you think of the monarchy she has to get credit for doing a bloody hard job.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:29 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I just got done wathcing that...that Still call Australia home song had me balling, and I dont even live there..lol
Get the hankies out Jackie!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEbSIDeT144
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Get the hankies out Jackie!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEbSIDeT144
OMG that is so good..
Do you still have those flowers called sour sobs, (I think thats it) we used to pick them and suck on the stalks when I was a kid, we lived in Elizabeth Grove.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:36 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

OMG that is so good..
Do you still have those flowers called sour sobs, (I think thats it) we used to pick them and suck on the stalks when I was a kid, we lived in Elizabeth Grove.
Never heard of them!!!

Maybe they are only in South Australia, you know how diverse this country is from state to state....
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Never heard of them!!!

Maybe they are only in South Australia, you know how diverse this country is from state to state....
from what I remember (i was 5 so its been about 20 yrs..hehe) they where a yellow daisy like flower, but as you say its so different everywhere..
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi Denise 2 --- I went to Tesco today and picked up a nice bottle of Peri Peri hot sauce I got the medium one, and I also got the original HP brown sauce too, so thank you me dear very much for that, --- AND Don just said that in future for me to get my steaks in Morrisons and get the Australian steaks as they have more flavour, --- and said that I can grow my own garlic but Im not too keen on that so --- do you know of anywhere that I can get either fresh garlic or minced or diced garlic in a Jar?
Take care,
Rodney.
Again Rodney- In a different part of Morrisons - ask one of the staff to point out the Sweet & Sour sauces - and you will find all the flavourings you need. like chopped garlic, and chilli. and indian things dontheturner
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Tyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really niceTyrone is just really nice

.... good on ya!
Interesting comment from you - I did NOT write this article as I stated when I copied it into FYI section - the lady who did this morning on another site was moving from UK to NZ from where she stated she lived -maybe it hit a nerve for all with a wake up call! I for one like to get to the honest and real world updates as it helps me prepare for my return and not live in la la land.

Good evening to all.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Marple
Hello everyone,
I came across the BritExpat site just a few days ago and am so happy to have found it. You all seem like such a nice bunch of people and I am amazed that I have connected so much with most everything that has been said about the longing to go home. I have been away for over 30 years and have been more or less home sick all that time, but it has got much worse in the last few years. I have not read all the posts on here yet, just want to say to
LILV...congratulations on being cancer free and leaving soon,
Island Woman...I am following your story with delight,
Dontherunner...hope all goes well with your plans for next month

Now I have to get back to reading the rest of the threads.
Welcome to our thread!! Do you feel like sharing your story?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

DDL. I have now lived in the US 4 years longer than I did in the UK. but I think for a lot of British people the Queen is a ship that has set a steady course for England and its people for 58 years. She has always in my opinion represented our country superbly both at home and abroad. Her life has been dedicated to serving her country and it surely cannot have been easy. Prime Ministers come and go, political parties change but she is a constant. I love America but proud to be British and proud she is our Queen..Also in a more simplistic way - she's just always been there and it can be a comforting sort of feeling..Can't really explain it..
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgjamison

I know the Somerton Road, very well, my brother in laws sister lives there, also my sisters old boyfriend lived there, maybe you knew them Raineys, they were steeplejacks, had companies both North and South of Ireland> I was from the other side of town, Glengoland, in Suffolk, and then Four Winds/ Knock area. Yes I had a holdiay home there too, (no longer I'm afraid returning to Canada cost us dearly) and it is lovely. Good luck Celticspirit hope all works out for you Denise 2
Omg.......I knew the Raineys quite well. It was a big catholic family and lived almost across from Little Flower Oratory. We. Lived on the same side about five houses from Landsdown Road. Some of them went to Dominican just like me. Our house is still standing as it was built in 1900 for the daughter of Harland and Wolfes shipyard owner and the first house ever built with an iron frame just like a ship!! It still stands as my brother worked not to have it taken down for townhouses as it is a big part of Belfast history. One can see it at 106 Somerton Rd. Gorgeous house with a greenhouse, conservatory big fruit garden. Aaaah the good old days.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
Did you get out of jury duty?
Yes....Shen iwas called they already had all the jurers they needed........happy day!!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:06 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
*Backs out slowly with hands in the air*
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mallory
Denise/2: I've been following the Michaela McAreavey honeymoon murder case in the paper. What a sad thing to happen. Feel sorry for her poor husband and family!
I have been watching to.......what a nightmare....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.