Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Boys and their..............toys.............
Your right.
Ds ended up with a cheapy one like DDL but with O2 then switched to an iPhone a couple of months ago. Another boy with his toy. But on a good note to the boys liking their toys, he uses to update facebook so I am now more aware of what he's up to and where he is
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:08 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, it's not just boys who like their toys. I love my iPad and want an iPhone when we get back. I don't use a cell phone enough here to make it worthwhile, but over there we'll have a lot more people to keep in touch with. Well, that's my excuse anyway!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Hey, it's not just boys who like their toys. I love my iPad and want an iPhone when we get back. I don't use a cell phone enough here to make it worthwhile, but over there we'll have a lot more people to keep in touch with. Well, that's my excuse anyway!
Me too......I don't use my MacBook very much any more unless I need to fax, scan or print out important info of which there is a ton being a dog judge. I hope my iPhone 4 and ipad will be ok in the UK. iPads are much more expensive on the Argos site, MacBooks roughly the same and I don't know about iPhones. I need to save every penny to buffer the dog's trip as well as mine and a few months rent as no doubt I will have to pay several months in advance not having a bank account nor drivers license still active in the UK.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear! Sounds like we're on about the same schedule, so we can panic together as the time gets nearer

Judes, thanks for the update. How lucky you are to have people to do up your house!

Rodney, best of luck with the surgery - we'll all be thinking of you.
Thanks Sally,
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I only got my first cell phone in December. Its a pay as you go but it suits me fine. I have question for folks who live in UK and call US. I want to drop my landline cos never use it and waste of money. But I am concerned that cost might be high for my friend who calls me occasionally from UK. Is cost higherfor to call me on my cellphone rather than landline. She is going to look into it but just want rid of darned land line..
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:43 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Me too......I don't use my MacBook very much any more unless I need to fax, scan or print out important info of which there is a ton being a dog judge. I hope my iPhone 4 and ipad will be ok in the UK. iPads are much more expensive on the Argos site, MacBooks roughly the same and I don't know about iPhones. I need to save every penny to buffer the dog's trip as well as mine and a few months rent as no doubt I will have to pay several months in advance not having a bank account nor drivers license still active in the UK.
The iPad will be fine. You'll just need an adapter for the socket. A friend of ours was over from the UK just recently and he bought an iPad while he was here because they're so much cheaper. He's using it at home with no problem

No idea how it works with an iPhone - presumably you can just buy a plan over there?
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

There was one ominous letter included in the renewal, however. It said the insurance company is going to start auditing plans to make sure they are eligible, whatever that means. And that if you don't complete the questionnaire they send, they will remove you from the plan. How much do you want to bet that they claim to have sent out questionnaires that are never received?

Now that they're not allowed to throw you off the plan willy-nilly, they need another excuse.
Return the questionnaire with a 'Signature Required' form from the Post Office - stay one step ahead of them - always. I used to keep copies of everything, and then threatened to come to their office to find the missing papers when they said they did not have whatever it was they decided not to have. Apparently my last Insurance company was one that literally cleared their desks into the waste bin each Friday afternoon, then on Monday they could legitimately say they did not have your papers...
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgjamison
Rodney, good luck with the operation, will be thinking of you as saying a little prayer all goes well let us know how you get one when you can>>.
Judes great news about your move, keep in touch , and let us know your first inpressions when you get back.
Trottytrue... how are you? we are all wondering about you and hoping all is well with you, we are all here for you like you were for us, so when you feel like it, please let us know how you are
Denise2
Thanks Denise, 10am tomorrow is the surgery, I will let you all know how it went, Hmmmmm my first English surgery since 1973, ----- exciting!!!!

Judes, I really cant believe how quick everything came around for you, thats great, I mean selling your house in the states and buying one in U.K. ---- and your family are fixing it up for you, WOW sounds like one heck of a lot of love coming your way, good luck and make sure you dont forget us all on here and keep in touch
Rodney.

And yes trotty we all need to know whats going on with that dreaded awful roden problem? hope your alright we are all here for you, just like Denise2 said, just like you have always been there for us,

Anyone know whats going on with David/hightide, how I wonder is he getting on with all the building work he has to do with his B&B hes probably too busy with it all, anyway if your listening David good luck ------ and dont forget to let us know when we all can come down and bug you
Rodney.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seconded Tina!! Good luck for tomorrow Rodney for your op and TT where are you?????????????

Please don't tell me the sale has fallen through??
Thanks Barb,
Oh I sincerely hope that trottys sale has not fallen through too, I wish she would come on here and tell us,
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:08 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

No idea how it works with an iPhone - presumably you can just buy a plan over there?
I wish it were that simple!

First you have to find a way of unlocking the phone. See my thread over in the USA forum - any suggestions/help welcome:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727366
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:10 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Thanks Barb,
Oh I sincerely hope that trottys sale has not fallen through too, I wish she would come on here and tell us,
The fact that she hasn't reported back is a bit worrying!

Fingers crossed - maybe she is just celebrating
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Originally Posted by jasper123
Thanks Denise, 10am tomorrow is the surgery, I will let you all know how it went, Hmmmmm my first English surgery since 1973, ----- exciting!!!!
Good luck Rodney, I hope all goes well tomorrow for your surgery. Will be thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wawa
Good luck Rodney, I hope all goes well tomorrow for your surgery. Will be thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery.
Wawa havent heard from you for a while, Hmmmm where you been
Thanks for your kind thoughts and I hope your fine
Rodney.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by between two worlds
I second these messages to Rodney and Trottytrue.

Thinking of you both, Rodney for the operation tomorrow, Trotty for the radon and sale of the house...

Also agree it will be great if you can keep us posted Judes.

Tina
Tina thank you, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for trotty and I hope she sold the house,
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seconded Tina!! Good luck for tomorrow Rodney for your op and TT where are you?????????????

Please don't tell me the sale has fallen through??
Thanks Barb,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.