Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Sorry for the wrong name. I need to feed my brain with food

If I'm correct and refresh my memory, you are waiting for your house to sell in Calgary and your husband is still working there? Are your children grown and moved out of the house?
Old Sep 10th 2012, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hello everyone,
I have been out of hospital for a few days now, sorry I havent posted till now but I have been in a lot of pain, and also had a bad allergy reaction to something they injected me with just before they gave me the jab to put me out, but thats over now so thats good,

They have given me a pain killer called Tramadol 50mg capsules, my consultant said they are just a notch less strong then Morphine, so they do work well, but trouble is that they keep me in a state of drowsiness all day and night, so instead of taking them every 4 hours like I did, I now only take one capsule at night just before I go to bed, and I prefer to just tolerate the pain in the daytime, but anyway operation went well I think, and now I just have to rest a lot and wait for my body to recover,

I cant thank everyone enough that posted on here and sent me good wishes, I really do appreciate every single one of them so much, you know it really makes a lot of difference when you know your friends on here care about you,

I think its wonderful that all us more senior members who got to know each other through a few years on this thread, we know so much about each other, we have told each other some things that we havent even shared with our families, feelings, emotions, our fears, our sadness, our grief, and our happiness

We all wouldn't know each other if it were not for the wonderful internet that we enjoy these days, 30 years ago that couldn't be possible as nobody really had a personal computer
Take care all of you,
Love Rodney.
So happy to hear you are home but hate to hear you are in pain :-( take care and please let us know how you are xx
Old Sep 10th 2012, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Yes, I found out from one of my neighbours this morning that the sea otter has actually just been put back into the area as it was quite sick and was being taken care of by a sanctuary. I have also seen a porpoise one evening as I was walking Mac, a young man on the bridge also so it and as he came of the bridge we met. He asked if I had seen the porpoise in the river ( which ebbs and flows with the sea tide) I told him I had and he answered "thank goodness I thought I must have drank more than I thought at the pub". I do love living by water and with the seasons and the weather it changes.
For my treat, think a nice meal out, a visit to The Body Shop for some Cocunut Butter Cream and perhaps a good haircut. It is funny how a change in your financial circumstances make small things you can afford so much more appreciated.
This is amazing about the sea otter. And I love the story abt the young man wondering if the porpoise was a drink-induced hallucination!!

Living by the water, yes, I often think about that....

Your treat ideas sound lovely...enjoy!

Tina
Old Sep 10th 2012, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Sorry for the wrong name. I need to feed my brain with food

If I'm correct and refresh my memory, you are waiting for your house to sell in Calgary and your husband is still working there? Are your children grown and moved out of the house?
Thats okay Cheers, I just thought you were saying, you know, Jeez Louise lol. My husband is in Prince Edward Island and yes we are still waiting for our house to sell. My children are all grown, married and scattered throughout Western Canada. I have 12 grandchildren, the latest born last August. I chat with them on Skype every week but would love to be able to go back to visit or bring them here. All my children grew up with a strong realization of being British and all have their Brittish Passports as well as their Canadian.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
Rodney, I'm glad the op went well.

Have you tried an ordinary painkiller like Paracetamol? Don't take more than the recommended dose, though, or it'll harm your liver. I prefer aspirin myself as less risky. The medical system wouldn't agree.

Bev
Hi Bev, cant take Paracetamol Im very allergic to them, so thats why they prescribed Tramadol for me,
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Hi Rodney, it can also cause night sweats and yes, the nightmares can be quite scary, just last week had a very bad one, it was so bad that when I woke up, I got up and sat in the living room with Mac for some time. I was just wishing that the nightmares would stop but for me it is either the nightmares or the pain. The meds have given me back so much of the ability to do many of the things that I never thought I would be able to do again that it is a no brainer for me to stay on them. I do sometimes not take them for a couple of days and just take the other pain medication which is not as strong.

From what I have learned from the web is that it is made up of some of the same components that are in Morphine, therefore some of the same side effects.
Pegie,
I get the night mares and the night sweats too,
Enjoy your treats, and that basket you bought for wee Mack sounds like a great solution to ensure his safety and comfort in the car, good for you, I would love to see a picture of wee Mack, I wonder if you would not mind posting a PICTURE OF HIM ---- he sounds soooooo cute, and a great protector anytime you have to sleep in your car at night along a very dark stretch of road in the middle of nowhere
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Pegie,
I get the night mares and the night sweats too,
Enjoy your treats, and that basket you bought for wee Mack sounds like a great solution to ensure his safety and comfort in the car, good for you, I would love to see a picture of wee Mack, I wonder if you would not mind posting a PICTURE OF HIM ---- he sounds soooooo cute, and a great protector anytime you have to sleep in your car at night along a very dark stretch of road in the middle of nowhere
I think there was a picture of him that was posted a long time ago.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah but that was a long time ago when he was in his hey day and prime, he probably has a few more wrinkles now
Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

The wee dog that was posted is my little Shitzu, Maddison who is 3 years old and is still in Canada with my husband, I also have a Siberian Husky who is 14 years old and in terrific shape. I would love to post a picture of Wee Mac but unfortunately my camera is not working properly.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow no one has posted in this thread for a while, but just wanted to say hello, I am back in the USA visiting my children.. enjoying time with them. Petrol seems so cheap........
I hope everyone is doing well, and pursuing their dreams. x
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:04 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Wow no one has posted in this thread for a while, but just wanted to say hello, I am back in the USA visiting my children.. enjoying time with them. Petrol seems so cheap........
Hope you have a great time with your family
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, enjoy, charleygirl! Thanks for saying hello.

tina
Old Sep 18th 2012, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely to hear......enjoy every minute with your children :-)
Old Sep 19th 2012, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Yea, don't forget where you put your return ticket

Glad you made it! Have loads of fun.

Cheers
Old Sep 19th 2012, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

We are all over in the Chit Chat thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.