Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Sep 5th 2012, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi everyone,
Tomorrow morning I have to go into hospital for another operation for yet another hernia, I only had one a year ago, now I have one on the opposite side, good thing is there was no waiting, went to G.P. Monday, he sent me to hospital same day, I had ultra sound scan today and operation tomorrow Wednesday, they booked me in for surgery as an emergency case, thats why no waiting, this one is more complicated so they cant give me key hole, this time it will be normal surgery where they slice you and go in,
Wish me Luck
Love Rodney.
Wishing you a speedy recovery Rodney. How long will you be in the hospital?
Old Sep 5th 2012, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Tomorrow morning I have to go into hospital for another operation for yet another hernia, I only had one a year ago, now I have one on the opposite side, good thing is there was no waiting, went to G.P. Monday, he sent me to hospital same day, I had ultra sound scan today and operation tomorrow Wednesday, they booked me in for surgery as an emergency case, thats why no waiting, this one is more complicated so they cant give me key hole, this time it will be normal surgery where they slice you and go in,
Wish me Luck
Love Rodney.
Good luck Rodney, will be thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery
Old Sep 5th 2012, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone,
Wish me Luck
Love Rodney.
Wishing you a speedy recovery Rodney, my OH had a hernia operation about ten years ago, they inserted a net to prevent future hernias, when we go to the local Lidl he sets off the alarm on our way out Glad you were seen so quickly, God bless the NHS.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Wish me Luck
Love Rodney.
Best of luck Pal, I hope it all goes well for you...
Old Sep 5th 2012, 5:56 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PAT M
Hi Everyone,

We are considering renting a furnished flat in London, our house here in Italy still has not sold, we have placed it with another agent.
I thought this site might be of interest for those looking for employment:

http://www.moneymagpie.com/category/...aking-over-50s
It talks about jobs such as house/pet sitting, ironing, etc.

We are working out our finances, a small furnished flat will be about £800 per month in the areas we like. We will both probably get little part-time jobs not only for the extra money but for the social interaction too.

Regards to all.

Pat
Good luck with your move.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 5:57 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Rodney,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Wish me Luck
Love Rodney.
Good Luck, our thoughts and prayers are with you. On a happier note the internet site for the horse is Equine.com. Hopefully when you ae feeling better you can make your dream come true.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
I agree with you whole heartily about moving back. It would be easy to give up and move back (if I had the money to do so) but I also know that it would be just as difficult or even worse if I did so. It is easier to get work here in UK if you are an older worker than it is in Canada and I am sure the United States. You are also correct about your children, they grow up and leave the nest and go there own way. In Canada and the United States the sizes of these countries mean that they can live further away from you than if you lived here and they live there. Just a couple of thoughts about moving back.

I would love to visit The Yorshire Dales and is on my list of places to go to and do some camping. I would love to live in a small village that all homes are known by their history and not just by their number.
Yes Easterndawn this is so true, America (like Canada) is so big you can be as far or further from your children living there than living across the atlantic. I try to remember think myself when I think about living in England and my children living in the States--not so hard to get together if a big airport is handy at each end. But I still worry about whether I'd be cutting myself off from a closer relationship with them.

However, as Sallysimmons also reminds us, they do have their own lives...and I know retired people in this sort of situation, they just go and visit for a month or two. See the kids and grandkids a bit less often but for longer stints than they would if living closer.

I'm just holding on to the idea that nothing is set in stone, and we can try the UK for a while (when the time comes to move on from this assignment) and see how it works out.

Rodney, best of luck for the op and the recovery!

Tina
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Hi everyone,
Wish me Luck
Love Rodney.
Thinking of you Rod - been there, done that (twice) and got the tee shirt! Don
Old Sep 5th 2012, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Rodney for a speedy recovery
Old Sep 5th 2012, 2:37 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Get well soon Rodney.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 9:47 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Wish me Luck
Love Rodney.
Thinking of you and wishing you well. Let us know as soon as you're back home please xxxx
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:08 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all goes well Rodney. Be nice to the nurses.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Rodney is out of surgery by now. Will someone call the hospital and find out how he is doing?

Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2012, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

This is a helpful site for anyone considering moving to London:
http://www.moove2london.co.uk/affordable-london/#lunch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.