Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:48 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Mom and dad in Lincolnshire..
You'll have to start saying 'mum' again now rather than 'mom.'

Also 'tea' instead of 'dinner' and 'lorry' instead of 'truck.'

So happy for you!! You're going to be home in just a few weeks!

Windsong, I don't do prayers but every positive thought I have is flying your way. Good luck!!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Everyone - I need to ask for your positive thoughts and prayers.

I got a phone call mid-morning today to go for a "second" interview for a job (here in the U.S.). I went for that interview this afternoon. I need this job SO badly so I can begin saving and planning my move back home. It's two years off but the planning starts now.

I pray that I get the job and that I at least enjoy it while I am here
My hopes and wishes are with you Wind..I hope its a good well paying job, so you can save all the money you need asap..

Jackie
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Hello Rosie.

Thanks for the update, I love your descriptions and pics, the mail box hanging on the lamp post is awesome, as is the Cold Cold River, there are so many lovely pics, it gets me all excited, It looks like you may have found your place, I hope so, I'm so thrilled for you.

This is such a lovely change from when you first got back and was considering returning to the USA.

My wife has no real interest in this forum but occasionally I will read something to her, for example Ed's previous posts or Rods return last week, I just read your post to my wife and while reading the last paragraph I had tears on my eyes, I suppose that sez it all.
Just wondering Fish & Chips - is your wife British or American? How does she feel about going back to live in the UK? You don't have to answer if the question is too personal.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

Windsong, I don't do prayers but every positive thought I have is flying your way. Good luck!!
Thank you Sally,
Yes I am going to have a few things to get used to after 34 years, but I am sure it will all come back to me ..just have to remember to spell words the English way again..eg. Checks, labor, etc etc
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Here are the photos I took of Frome, Somerset: http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandwoman/sets/
Beautiful pictures - what a lovely little town! All the best to you when you move into your new flat. Looking at those pictures really made me homesick. I always get a little homesick this time of year anyway - something about Christmas and the Christmas music!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

JANUARY 25th !!!!!! Im going home January 25th..British Airways.all booked and paid for..)))

Jackie
Wow - that's not long - about 6 weeks!! I guess you'd better start packing your bags and deciding what you're going to take back with you, etc. All the very best to you for your return home!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

Thank you so much, Sally
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Wow - that's not long - about 6 weeks!! I guess you'd better start packing your bags and deciding what you're going to take back with you, etc. All the very best to you for your return home!
Thanks Derry..
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Thank you Wind..
Good luck to you, and you will be there for the Feb Flower Fest, in Spalding if you wish! Lovely area. I shall be in Shropshire with my Thai Wife by Feb, too, to see the Daffs! Hopefully the White stuff will be gone too. dontheturner
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Good luck to you, and you will be there for the Feb Flower Fest, in Spalding if you wish! Lovely area. I shall be in Shropshire with my Thai Wife by Feb, too, to see the Daffs! Hopefully the White stuff will be gone too. dontheturner
Lets keep our fingers crossed for good weather, although I really dont care what the weather is like as long as my Dad can come pick me up at the airport..
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

I got a phone call mid-morning today to go for a "second" interview for a job (here in the U.S.). I went for that interview this afternoon. I need this job SO badly so I can begin saving and planning my move back home. It's two years off but the planning starts now.

Every best wish heading your way......
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Will be thinking of you - hope you get the job!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Celtic and Derry
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

I am so relieved, and excited....I cant wait to get away from here now, and what ever the cat scan reveils on the 10th, I know I will be taken care of over there if it becomes necessary.

Jackie..
I am so happy for you......a great future.....you so deserve it!!!!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
I am so happy for you......a great future.....you so deserve it!!!!
Thank you so much Celtic....It is wonderful having all the support and friendship I feel from this thread.
Jackie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.