Other side of the coin...

Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of
Default Re: Other side of the coin...

Originally Posted by CrunchieFrog
sorry to burst your bubble. Whilst Buderim is very nice - i live fairly close to it, house prices are huge. Its the most expensive part of the south end of the Sunshine Coast. Nice place though, being up on a hill. its high enough that my ears pop on the steep roads down from it. Its a bit of an oldies town though if you know what i mean. IM not saying its Eastbourne, just, well...

Oh and yes, the road network is certainly not up to the current traffic levels. There are currently alot of new roadworks around the southern Sunshine coast Caloundra/Sunshine motorway/Kunda park, to deal with the traffic. In my opinion though its too little too late. Dont go thinking the councils know what they are doing with respect to traffic levels. they are just as short sighted as those in the UK.
On the propety sights Buderim still seems very affordable for us. We thought that, but after contacting the tourist board and local info web sites, it appears there is quite a large young population there, although there are a few OAP complex's on the outskirts. The Sun Coast UNI is just down the road. Ok, will bear it in mind.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

CrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAMIEKERRIE
On the propety sights Buderim still seems very affordable for us. We thought that, but after contacting the tourist board and local info web sites, it appears there is quite a large young population there, although there are a few OAP complex's on the outskirts. The Sun Coast UNI is just down the road. Ok, will bear it in mind.
*Shrugs* Ok. I just live here. But Im sure the tourist board will tell you the truth.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have just looked on realestate.com and prices are very similar to Perth. Never has the phrase rude awakening been more apt.
That is low "Gloating" well, actually, we find the propety in Buderim is still Very affordable, with the house prices still going up here. Oh, i'm not gloating, am I? D'oh! This is getting really childish again now, thought we were getting somewhere a few mins ago...
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:28 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

That is low "Gloating" well, actually, we find the propety in Buderim is still Very affordable, with the house prices still going up here. Oh, i'm not gloating, am I? D'oh! This is getting really childish again now, thought we were getting somewhere a few mins ago...
If you want people to agree with you and reinforce your desire to move to Australia why not post all this on the Australia lifestyle forum.?

You obviously do not want any advice from people on here so why post here?
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
If you want people to agree with you and reinforce your desire to move to Australia why not post all this on the Australia lifestyle forum.?

You obviously do not want any advice from people on here so why post here?
I welcome constructive advice, but NOT cheap point scoring like some of the above! Lets have a truce, goodnight.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:32 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the house prices you are going to have to pay at least $500k for a house in Buderim. My house in Perth was a tad more than that. My husband earns a mid 6 figure salary, we did only put down 25% of the value and our mortgage is $3k a month. We earn exceedingly good money here in Australia but there isn't a lot left over. I stand by what I said about rude awakenings.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

I do not think it is gloating honestly we have a few posters on here that live there and they are going back to the uk.Different strokes for different folks and this forum is suppose to be about information and even I can feel people shaking their heads from here.

Other posters on here are challenging you and you don't like it.Please take the rosy coloured glasses off if possible.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Looking at the house prices you are going to have to pay at least $500k for a house in Buderim. My house in Perth was a tad more than that. My husband earns a mid 6 figure salary, we did only put down 25% of the value and our mortgage is $3k a month. We earn exceedingly good money here in Australia but there isn't a lot left over. I stand by what I said about rude awakenings.
Plenty in our price range on www.realestate.com.au the other week, depends what size of house you are looking at! We would only need a 3bed max as we have no kids.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by blowfly
I do not think it is gloating honestly we have a few posters on here that live there and they are going back to the uk.Different strokes for different folks and this forum is suppose to be about information and even I can feel people shaking their heads from here.

Other posters on here are challenging you and you don't like it.Please take the rosy coloured glasses off if possible.
It's not that I don't like it, I just disagree, which I think many of you don't like! At the end of the day, we have opposite views, we are obvioulsly of a "Pro" as we have yet to arrive (but have done our homework) and most of you have had a bad experience, for one reason or another, so it's only natural you feel the way you do. We will never agree!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:43 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that I don't like it, I just disagree, which I think many of you don't like! At the end of the day, we have opposite views, we are obvioulsly of a "Pro" as we have yet to arrive (but have done our homework) and most of you have had a bad experience, for one reason or another, so it's only natural you feel the way you do. We will never agree!
the thing that people are getting cross about is that you are making comments based on nothing. you don't even live here. I would take a stab in the dark that you read The Sun or Daily Mail so believe England is crap even though it isn't. You have probably been here on holiday and though hey lovely warm sunshine, I will have a bit of that beats Rugby. The reality is VERY different and you can't argue with that because you don't live here.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

the thing that people are getting cross about is that you are making comments based on nothing. you don't even live here. I would take a stab in the dark that you read The Sun or Daily Mail so believe England is crap even though it isn't. You have probably been here on holiday and though hey lovely warm sunshine, I will have a bit of that beats Rugby. The reality is VERY different and you can't argue with that because you don't live here.
Agreed, but I also live on an estate that has had 3 shootings in the last yr, and it is by no means the worst estate in Rugby. That's reality, mate.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

I too am in a very similar postion.My mortgage not quite that much but he earns a 6 figure sum and you are right ,not much left over.I am terrified of the electricity bill, aircons etc.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Agreed, but I also live on an estate that has had 3 shootings in the last yr, and it is by no means the worst estate in Rugby. That's reality, mate.
Have you seriously looked at the Australian crime figures.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I have been reading this post from the start. I would like to wish jamiekerrie the best of luck in their move.

I know nothing about aus so can not comment but i hope it brings you everything you wish for.

Goodluck
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:58 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

I am replying because you are pissing me off and I fancy a good row. I have made a new years resolution to be more tolerant but as you are a newbie in here you don't count in my new years resolution.
what about me NB? I like out tai ta tai 's(spelling?) the only fun I get in a day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.