Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

No Need to Reply, I'm Just Offloading

No Need to Reply, I'm Just Offloading

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:09 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default No Need to Reply, I'm Just Offloading

I'm just writing this to offload some of the presuure... LOL

We are in the middle of moving to a smaller unit. This place looks like a nuclear war zone. Still trying to decide which boxes to put stuff in... ie ship straight to uk box, or take to new unit box!!
I'm praying this stain comes out of the carpet. What numbnut rents out an apartment and lays cream carpet!!! geeez

Then theres me going back to UK on my own in 2 weeks time! Still not booked flight as i cant decide whether to stopover for a night enroute.

Handed in notice at work yesterday and was told 2hrs later i will need to train up a collaegue to do my job!! :curse:

I am also part time, long distance, agony aunt, to two new mums (my daugthers)

Guilt ridden over leaving husband here.

Its got that bad i woke up trembling this morning. Geeez. Lets get all this over with before i crack under the strain!!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:13 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Need to Reply, I'm Just Offloading

Actually, i DO need a reply. How do you stop your brain racing so much you cant focus on one thing long enough to sort it out?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Actually, i DO need a reply. How do you stop your brain racing so much you cant focus on one thing long enough to sort it out?
I did it with a short term prescription for bubba ni ni tablets!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:38 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

I hate you, go away! Just kidding!!! I can't wait for the mad rush during my last couple of weeks here.

Seriously, though, do you have a written list of the things that need to be done? I know it's easier said than done, but try not to move onto the next thing before you've finished the task beforehand. Instead of it all being in your head, it'll be structured and in black and white, so maybe it'll help a little. That's what I normally do when things get stressful for me. And if that fails, where's the gin?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:31 pm
I don't give a damn

I dont need bubba ni ni's now i'm falling off my perch

I shall take your advice kate AFTER a nanna nap.... zzzzzzzzzzz
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:47 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Flea you poor thing, you sound like your'e sinking under the pressure of it all.

Rest assured though that it does all get done, everything falls into place and there is light at the end of that tunnel.

As Kate said, keep ticking off the list, try not to do too much at once and most of all, try to make time for yourself each day. Even if it's just half an hour sitting in the garden, lying on the bed or walking round the block. It helps to clear your mind enough for you to focus and be more productive. Otherwise you just end up panicking and rushing round in circles.

We had stains (doggie accident) on our cream carpets in the rental too - the day before we left we had the steam cleaning man visit, and he got them out no problem!

I travelled back alone at Christmas and did find it easier doing it in one hit - just me but I didn't fancy the messing about at airports. I just wanted to be home. I'm scared of flying but was really proud of myself for doing it and just dosed myself up with a few mercyndol to help me sleep - worked a treat because when I arrived I was wide awake and rearing to go.

The hardest part will be leaving hubby and this won't help your stress levels at all, but take heart in knowing that you will be reunited soon and I'm sure that your days will be filled so much back here that the time will just fly by.

Take care and keep smiling and thinking of those two bundles of happiness waiting for you
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh Flea

Just try to stay calm first off.
Dont worry about the work thing....
The lists are brill to help stuff seem more manageable.
I lost mine and was so buggered today from lugging, scrubbing & cleaning (I completely forgot 2 important things - one for the shippers, oops
Top tip of the day from me - write a list, then try not to lose it.
The packing stage n moving bit is the worst - you will get there.
I sat down last night and just burst into tears lilke a big fat baby as I felt all overwhelmed.... then I slapped myself & went to see Harry Potter instead using avoidance tactics, much more fun
Dont worry about the flight etc, it WILL all come together.
You'll be home soon with your daughters & the new little people to ooh and ahhh over, soon to followed by your hubby. AND a job to go to.
So hang in there and try to stay calm...
Hopefully meet up b4 you head off IF I ever get my passport
Take care
Oh & happy cleaning
xxxxxxx