The NHS

Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The NHS

Originally Posted by Editha

I await his explanation with interest, since I think we can assume Clarke is a higher rate taxpayer.

I believe she lives in the US now so might not be paying British taxes any longer. But she would have been using the system as she grew up (ie. before she was rich, since being wealthy is apparently an issue here).
Old Jul 7th 2015, 5:34 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colchar
I believe she lives in the US now so might not be paying British taxes any longer. But she would have been using the system as she grew up (ie. before she was rich, since being wealthy is apparently an issue here).
on that point & coming full circle to the OP for which we have yet to see the said "article" in which Emilia Clarke is suppose to have said the "NHS was brilliant" - I'm wondering if the recent 'walking with crutches' [celeb shots] if 'as a person who is not normally resident in the UK' did she manage to get NHS services for free, or whether she has paid for those NHS services?

Could she be a 'freeloader'... only Emilia would know

Last edited by not2old; Jul 7th 2015 at 6:59 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 6:48 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

She lives in London (source Daily Mail 2015).
Old Jul 7th 2015, 6:59 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

on post#18, then, as normally resident in the UK, paying all the bits & bobs associated with it, Emilia would likely be entitled to the 'Brilliant NHS" without being classed [by me] as a freeloader.

Apologies to Emilia Clarke & everyone else for my accusation.

Back to my 'grumpy old man' rocking chair
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

LoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by not2old
on post#18, then, as normally resident in the UK, paying all the bits & bobs associated with it, Emilia would likely be entitled to the 'Brilliant NHS" without being classed [by me] as a freeloader.

Apologies to Emilia Clarke & everyone else for my accusation.

Back to my 'grumpy old man' rocking chair
The article was posted on Yahoo sometime last week. I didn't save the link. If I find, I'll post the link.

Regarding my statement, I posted that Ms. Clarke SUPPORTS the NHS. I will assume that she has private healthcare now. My point was, she believes in a system that the US touts as a disaster. To me, that means her experiences must have been positive in contrast to what the US has to say about British healthcare.

Now, Ms. Clarke, from what I've read, had to be hospitalized in New York a couple of years ago. If I ever have a chance to meet this woman, I would ask her, "what the difference in treatment was?"
Old Jul 8th 2015, 11:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoveFortheUK
The article was posted on Yahoo sometime last week. I didn't save the link. If I find, I'll post the link.

Regarding my statement, I posted that Ms. Clarke SUPPORTS the NHS. I will assume that she has private healthcare now. My point was, she believes in a system that the US touts as a disaster. To me, that means her experiences must have been positive in contrast to what the US has to say about British healthcare.

Now, Ms. Clarke, from what I've read, had to be hospitalized in New York a couple of years ago. If I ever have a chance to meet this woman, I would ask her, "what the difference in treatment was?"
Of course the U.S. trashes the UK health system...because the are defending their own system...which of course like everything else they claim is the 'best in the world'.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 12:18 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Brought to you by Fox news & paid for by the White House.

Tell the American people that the UK NHS medicare will never work in the States, that way the government needs to spend less on taking care of people, putting budget money to military, defense, NSA, conspiracy theory departments, fear-mongering the public, that the US is a target so we must protect ourselves as the 'greatest nation on this planet'

In the meantime please pay more tax so we can make our loan payments on the national debt as it approaches $19 trillion

Meanwhile back in Hollywood, life goes on ....
Old Jul 8th 2015, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

LoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Of course the U.S. trashes the UK health system...because the are defending their own system...which of course like everything else they claim is the 'best in the world'.
Thank you Jerseygirl
I'm happy that I'm not the only US citizen who sees the American healthcare for what it truly is. A 3 on a 10 scale.

Last year, I had to go for an echo and a stress test because my doctor said it was necessary. My insurance company paid $500 and left me with the remaining $3,000. That's the US healthcare system for you.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 12:54 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Last year, I had to go for an echo and a stress test because my doctor said it was necessary. My insurance company paid $500 and left me with the remaining $3,000. That's the US healthcare system for you.
Absolutely terrible, even with health insurance, folks could be bankrupt in no time is my guess?

Maybe for just that reason alone you need to move to the UK
Old Jul 9th 2015, 1:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/emilia-...938438478.html

Aware that the hourglass is nearly out of sand, I ask Emilia to reel off a few of the things that she’s really passionate about and we end up embroiled in a fun conversation about London, Emma Watson and how brilliant the NHS is, but we barely have time to really get into the nitty gritty before her agent is champing at the bit for us to wrap it up so that the movie star can be delivered to her next engagement.

Best I can find link-wise.......
Old Jul 9th 2015, 7:16 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not from Pollyana post #25 above found in the yahoo link? Is there more to this?
Old Jul 9th 2015, 8:23 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

The NHS is indeed brilliant. Consider that it serves 65 million inhabitants for 'free' (well, somebody pays for it, but who cares as long as its not me?).

Seriously though, you may have to wait 6 weeks for a GP appointment, and your surgery may be pushed back to next year, but you can always go to A&E with a sniffle to get a box of ibuprofen - for free! I mean, why bother going to boots?

You won't get that kind of service in Germany. And you have to pay up to 10% for prescriptions. Spain too. Ka-ching!

All things considered, the NHS is probably the most efficient public health care system on the planet, especially considering that it's free. Unfortunately, that's also one if its biggest problems.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 9:32 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
The NHS is indeed brilliant. Consider that it serves 65 million inhabitants for 'free' (well, somebody pays for it, but who cares as long as its not me?).

Seriously though, you may have to wait 6 weeks for a GP appointment, and your surgery may be pushed back to next year, but you can always go to A&E with a sniffle to get a box of ibuprofen - for free! I mean, why bother going to boots?

You won't get that kind of service in Germany. And you have to pay up to 10% for prescriptions. Spain too. Ka-ching!

All things considered, the NHS is probably the most efficient public health care system on the planet, especially considering that it's free. Unfortunately, that's also one if its biggest problems.
Insane drivel.
Old Jul 13th 2015, 5:19 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe insane, but you have to give the NHS a lot of credit. It's not perfect, but at least you can get it - for "free". Those that whinge endlessly about it simply don't know anything else.
Old Jul 13th 2015, 6:04 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

It was you I was accusing of insanity, not the NHS. The NHS is perfectly sane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.