Moving back from Australia

Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:48 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by northernbird
You are not trying hard enough . Look I have never said Australia is perfect and I have never slagged off England. I have said where I am from in England is a craphole and i have said I love living where I do. My life here is good and it wasn't in England, simple as that.

As for my Australian friends. They have done more for me in the 6 years I have known them than any other friend of any nationality I have known and I have lived in about 5 different countries. I know I can depend on them without question and have done on many occasions.
not trying hard enough??? I have been here for 26yrs and in that time the attitude of rip you off instead of service and "mateship"that is all over the telly
prevails. I do have Aussie mates and as usual provided i agree Aust is the ducks nuts ,dogs bollocks,world beating country it's not I'm fine .I must admit I'm not sure who your trying to convince yourself or everyone else
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:48 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
Oh I see, so all I've had to all these years is just make sure I have a clean vest on. Wow, it was staring me in the face all the time. I've been so blind.

Your keeping up nicely, stick with, we'll be onto big words soon
I have made my point very clear and I don't wish to continue with this banal mud slinging.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toandfro
not trying hard enough??? I have been here for 26yrs and in that time the attitude of rip you off instead of service and "mateship"that is all over the telly
prevails. I do have Aussie mates and as usual provided i agree Aust is the ducks nuts ,dogs bollocks,world beating country it's not I'm fine .I must admit I'm not sure who your trying to convince yourself or everyone else

I meant you are not trying hard enough to ignore me. I don't need to convice myself (or anyone else) that I like it here. Every day on my drive to school I see the ocean and that's enough to convince me.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:06 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

I meant you are not trying hard enough to ignore me. I don't need to convice myself (or anyone else) that I like it here. Every day on my drive to school I see the ocean and that's enough to convince me.
Oh I am ,but you seem to think you opinion count's over all others .People are posting their heart felt's and you ride shot gun ,straight over .may be I just read you wrong ,but if I do so do many others. I am truly
happy for you if you have found your nitch, but I feel deeply for those who feaal traped lost or homesick . I manage better than most as I have had lots of practice but I am English proud of it and will not deny my herritage just to please you or any one else

Last edited by toandfro; Nov 1st 2006 at 10:09 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:10 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I am ,but you seem to think you opinion count's over all others .People are posting their heart felt's and you ride shot gun ,straight over .may be I just read you wrong ,but if I do so do many others. I am truly
happy for you but I feel deeply for those who traped lose homesick .
Sometimes I agree with you toandfro, but this isn't one of those times. NB has been objective in all she has said and tried to give her perspective of life in Australia....if you don't want to hear that some people actually enjoy it then you are not going to get a balanced view but a one-sided story.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scampicat
Having never been to Australia in my life and never likely to go, I'd like to ask all the returnees.....

.....what's wrong with it? There seeem to be a lot of you coming back!

My friend here in Spain goes to work in Australia for three months every year and she hates the place too. She says the people are racist and the place is boring.

What are your opinions?
This is so true.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Then why are you here on this forum?It appears from reading your posts that your always on the aggressive side.Why??
And I have ignored you but you really do get on my nerves.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:14 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

...That should have been 'you are', or 'you're'.

At least you don't write as if it isn't your native language, unlike some on this forum.
Jesus Christ, are you truly that predictable? I heard the fishing was good here, but I didn't really realise it was that good

I have made my point very clear and I don't wish to continue with this banal mud slinging
Ah, you are an Aussie to give up that easily.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FPM
Ah it all makes sense now. You call yourself 'Northernbird' you like Catherine Tate, no wonder you've gone over to the Aussies side. Your life must be like a living breathing Vogue magazine

I'd be interested to know the countries you've 'lived' in. I can't claim 5 (well I could but I'd be lying) but I can claim 3 others (apart from Oz) where I have lived for a period of 4mths or longer. Colombia, Korea and the US. ( I did 2months in Argentina, but that's just a long holiday really). Funny how none of these other countries struggle so hard to find their identity, and they certainly don't need a bumbling 1950s timewarped buffoon to attempt to tell the population what it means to be part of that country. People already know, it's inside them, it's part of them. The population of these other countries (with the exception of the US) don't harp on about how 'good' their country is, because they are not insecure and don't have huge chips on their shoulders

http://www.gimmeapackofwinniebluesto...eapwine.com.au

sounds like you'll be among 'friends'.
Well said!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:21 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
Jesus Christ, are you truly that predictable? I heard the fishing was good here, but I didn't really realise it was that good

Ah, you are an Aussie to give up that easily.

...and there is no need to blaspheme
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:21 pm
beam me up scotty

Originally Posted by busterboy
Sometimes I agree with you toandfro, but this isn't one of those times. NB has been objective in all she has said and tried to give her perspective of life in Australia....if you don't want to hear that some people actually enjoy it then you are not going to get a balanced view but a one-sided story.
There are a lot of thing's I enjoy about Aust. but it is all superficial stuff. As I said mayby I just read it wrong. A lot of people feel like lost souls and cannot put a finger on the problem, so find little thing's wrong to explain the feeling until they realise that it is the whole deal that just doesn't fit . Pesonally I find people who slate there heritage just to fit are really just unhappy .and the harder you have to try to fit the more you don't .If you fit then there is no real effor required. but like I said maybe I just read her wrong
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:23 pm
Gutter Gob!!

happy for you if you have found your nitch, but I feel deeply for those who feaal traped lost or homesick . I manage better than most as I have had lots of practice but I am English proud of it and will not deny my herritage just to please you or any one else

I am also English and proud of it and certainly don't deny my heritage.

I have made it clear in every post I make that I understand how people can miss their families, how people struggle to find work and make ends meet ($3000 a month mortgage is testament to how I understand). How their kids struggle to settle, how the education is different here. I understand all those things, honestly I do. However, I don't understand why you all have to resort to slagging off Australia. It is not the perfect place, nowhere is but please be man (or woman) enough to just put your hand up and say its not for you rather than slagging the country and its people off. We brits love having someone to blame for everything don't you think.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:24 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by by the sea side
Then why are you here on this forum?It appears from reading your posts that your always on the aggressive side.Why??
And I have ignored you but you really do get on my nerves.
the feeling is mutual my dear
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by busterboy
Giving her persective on live in OZ is fine.If she is happy and content great,but her posts suggest otherwise.Sorry but they aren't well balanced at all.
If she is so happy aand loves it blah blah blah why do I get the impression there's something very wrong.Looking at previous posts I appear not to be the only one.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:25 pm
A rather curious boy

I am also English and proud of it and certainly don't deny my heritage.

I have made it clear in every post I make that I understand how people can miss their families, how people struggle to find work and make ends meet ($3000 a month mortgage is testament to how I understand). How their kids struggle to settle, how the education is different here. I understand all those things, honestly I do. However, I don't understand why you all have to resort to slagging off Australia. It is not the perfect place, nowhere is but please be man (or woman) enough to just put your hand up and say its not for you rather than slagging the country and its people off. We brits love having someone to blame for everything don't you think.
I do agree with you NB.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.