Location, location, location

Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

NatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really nice
Default Re: Location, location, location

Originally Posted by bandrui
Yes, I'm still thinking that Herefordshire and Shropshire offer good value for money as well as being interesting counties.
This is where me and my husband are looking at moving to, well Leominster really but it's in Herefordshire.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
As they say 'we are on the same page'

I also plug in to see how long it takes to get to London by train from the different towns and then I wonder if I will ever need to go to London. Kind of like wanting to go to NYC with all the mobs of people and such.
We must be in the same club, I check every town for access to a train station, then check how long it takes to travel to London. For me it would be a hub to travel elsewhere in England, also handy for a friend in Germany to exchange visits. I would not like to be tucked away in the countryside and having to hop on a hay cart to visit somewhere. Or have I watched too many period productions on TV?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NatalieLucy
This is where me and my husband are looking at moving to, well Leominster really but it's in Herefordshire.
Do you have family there? Can you tell us what is drawing you to Leominster? Not trying to be nosy but interested to find out about Leominster.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Will do. Can you expound on that? Suggest any places or give me detail about the area?
I lived in Lymington which is right on the water and quite a big sailing community.

Have a look here should give you a bit of an idea of the area.

http://www.thenewforest.co.uk/
Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

sophia7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think 'distance to London' can be thought of as a barometer of how likely the house is to hold it's value - easier accessiblity = less likely to fall. Even if you never visit the city!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

NatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really niceNatalieLucy is just really nice

Do you have family there? Can you tell us what is drawing you to Leominster? Not trying to be nosy but interested to find out about Leominster.
Nope don't have family there. My husband and I just loved the little town with the Tudor style houses. It also has a good rail service in the town going to the bigger towns.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:57 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Leominster was featured in the Guardian's 'Let's Move to...' a few weeks ago. Here's the link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011...-herefordshire
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

For Linda

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-26124097.html
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Love it! Just on my way out. Will take a better look later.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:44 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always really suspicious of listings where they don't show much. These photos are all of the outside except one horribly dated room. Suggests that the rooms they don't show are even worse. I also notice that the only bathroom is one the ground floor.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman43
I lived in Lymington which is right on the water and quite a big sailing community.

Have a look here should give you a bit of an idea of the area.

http://www.thenewforest.co.uk/
That is a beautiful area of the UK - my in-laws live in that area. I've been to Lymington many times when my children were young - don't know if any of you remember the children's television series "Worzel Gummidge" (scarecrow who came to life) but I believe it was filmed in Lymington. I used to enjoy the market day there on Saturdays.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I'm always really suspicious of listings where they don't show much. These photos are all of the outside except one horribly dated room. Suggests that the rooms they don't show are even worse. I also notice that the only bathroom is one the ground floor.
That's exactly what I was thinking - no photos of the kitchen, bathroom bedrooms, etc.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Leominster was featured in the Guardian's 'Let's Move to...' a few weeks ago. Here's the link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011...-herefordshire
Hmph the article pretty much bashes the whole town. We thought it would be a nice small village to raise our son in. The way it makes it sound is that it's more for retired people. The schools don't sound all that impressive ether.

What about Ludlow does anyone know much about that town.

Last edited by NatalieLucy; Jul 12th 2011 at 2:43 am.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:54 am
Finally Home!

Originally Posted by NatalieLucy
Hmph the article pretty much bashes the whole town.
I think some of that is just general UK negativity. That was one of his more flattering write-ups ;-)
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

This is quite usual for places that are noted as "needing refurbishment" as this one is. The amount of land, access to it's own water, for this price is definitely worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.