Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Interesting reading for those thinking of returning from Oz

Interesting reading for those thinking of returning from Oz

Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting reading for those thinking of returning from Oz

Originally Posted by denver

Give me happy, healthy people, beautiful weather, great food, a unique landscape, open spaces, a clean environment, competent government and a laid-back lifestyle anytime!!
Aggressive, fat, drought, bushfire, lard, dust, desert, highest emissions and ozone layer, bushes best mate and sleazy beazley, workhouse reform, casual labour and and long working hours.

Sorry couldnt resist , degree in creative writing too
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Critics of Australia claim that our "no worries attitude" has created a nation of uneducated dolts who can't be arsed to go the extra mile - but this article just goes to show how wrong that stereotype really is.
Funny, I thought the gist of the article was that many educated, ambitious and free-thinking Australians tend to leave Australia because they don't like living among a majority of uneducated dolts in a nation where the only culture is sport and where being chased by flies along the beach is considered a substitute for lifestyle. (Not necessarily my opinion, I'm just summarizing ).

Amazing how you and denver are so blinkered that you can only see it in terms of "look at those amazing Australians from our wonderful homeland".

You really do seem to embody some of the annoying characteristics that people on this part of the forum frequently attribute to you and your fellow nationals. Do you just post to reinforce our prejudices?
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
How I agree with you! I've changed so much. I am full of self doubt, constantly questioning myself, driving both me and my hubby nuts with all my thoughts The one thought that plagues me daily "what do I do for the best for all my family?" I sometimes get so overwhelmed with it all I would just love to lie down and let the whole world pass me by.
Could I just say thats exactly how I feel.So worried that if we go back am I doing the right thing.?It is all so overwhelming.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:23 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Could I just say thats exactly how I feel.So worried that if we go back am I doing the right thing.?It is all so overwhelming.
Sadly, you will probably have to return to the Uk and stay awhile before you have the notion whether it is indeed the right move for you.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

thats true. its a bit like needing to go to Oz as you dont want to spend the rest of your life thinking "what if". Same applies to going back. Just dont burn your bridges in either ditection. best wishes
c
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Sadly, you will probably have to return to the Uk and stay awhile before you have the notion whether it is indeed the right move for you.
Even then, you might never find the answers you are looking for.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:03 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Even then, you might never find the answers you are looking for.

Shix you are probably right. We don't need to emigrate, we all just need therapy!
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Shix you are probably right. We don't need to emigrate, we all just need therapy!
definately!
Old Nov 26th 2006, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Please dont be so overwhelmed by it all - what is the worse that could happen. I made myself sick over the worry of it for years, now am I back and realise that we will enjoy life more living in Oz, but I had to come back and try it out otherwise it would have eaten away at me for the rest of my life, now i feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders - OK it was a huge, stressful and expensive lesson but at least now I know.

Good luck in your decision and remember its not that bad
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Exile
Funny, I thought the gist of the article was that many educated, ambitious and free-thinking Australians tend to leave Australia because they don't like living among a majority of uneducated dolts in a nation where the only culture is sport and where being chased by flies along the beach is considered a substitute for lifestyle. (Not necessarily my opinion, I'm just summarizing ).

Amazing how you and denver are so blinkered that you can only see it in terms of "look at those amazing Australians from our wonderful homeland".

You really do seem to embody some of the annoying characteristics that people on this part of the forum frequently attribute to you and your fellow nationals. Do you just post to reinforce our prejudices?

Classic
Old Nov 26th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Betty Boot
Please dont be so overwhelmed by it all - what is the worse that could happen. I made myself sick over the worry of it for years, now am I back and realise that we will enjoy life more living in Oz, but I had to come back and try it out otherwise it would have eaten away at me for the rest of my life, now i feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders - OK it was a huge, stressful and expensive lesson but at least now I know.

Good luck in your decision and remember its not that bad
Thankyou. I know that I must go back.In in my heart I know that I do not belong here.
If I could find a way of not feeling like this everyday then I would.
I just know that I have to do the right thing this time round as I have two childrens lifes in my hands and cannot afford to mess up second time around.
After reading your honest thread it really got me thinking and it did frighten me to think this could happen.
In the back of my mind and not letting those insecurities creep in I know I will be alright and will make it work I am strong enough and have lots of plans when I get back to the UK. I also have my dreams of how I think I want things to be and know that everybody needs dreams and something to focus on for the future.
Good luck with your journey at least now you know where you are.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:06 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dreamaway 10]Could I just say thats exactly how I feel.So worried that if we go back am I doing the right thing.?It is all so overwhelming.[/QUOTE/]

I came to aust as a child we (my wife and my self) returned to the uk and lived Quite happily for 7yrs our children wanted to return to aust and we felt that it might be better but what we've found is that the things (and I am repeating my self from another thread ) that are "wrong" are just daily inconvienience (appart from the insults) but what we feel is that no mater how good somewhere might be it's not home and our heart's yern for home
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Westralia has much to be proud ofWestralia has much to be proud ofWestralia has much to be proud ofWestralia has much to be proud ofWestralia has much to be proud ofWestralia has much to be proud ofWestralia has much to be proud ofWestralia has much to be proud ofWestralia has much to be proud ofWestralia has much to be proud ofWestralia has much to be proud of

How many returning are putting their money where their mouth is and revoking their Aus-UK dual citizenship/PR get-out-of-jail-free-when-the-shit-hits-the-fan-back-in-old-blighty card?

Or are the majority planning to be hypocritical ingrates?
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 5:18 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Westralia
Or are the majority planning to be hypocritical ingrates?
Eh!
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise4
Eh!
Did you not spot the huge chip on his shoulder as he walked in the room?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.