Covid vaccination UK

Old Apr 13th 2021, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Covid vaccination UK

I was unsure if I would still be in Spain for the full doses of the vaccine so waited until I was back in UK.When I went for this,it was Astra Zenica only,I was giiven a form from my Group Surgery to sign"I consent to having Astra Zenic vaccine".This was in Scotland.I asked to see someone in authority to ask if this was usual procedure or only because it was this particular vaccine.This seemed odd to me as years ago,as a blood donor,I had never had to "consent" for that procedure.But it is many years since I had lived in Britain so was curious.The Doctor told me it was normal practice for any vaccination.I later asked my sisters,one living in the Midlands,another on the south coast of England.Both said that they had not had to do this but each had had a different type vaccine.Anyone had this experience ?
Old Apr 13th 2021, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid vaccination UK

You are consenting because the vaccines have ALL only been approved for Emergency Use Only- which means if anything happens to you because of the vaccine, your family cannot sue the pharma company.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ine-comparison

Old Apr 13th 2021, 5:40 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

In the US you sign waivers for every possible medical procedure in all circumstances. We signed them for our covid vaccines in Illinois, too.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
You are consenting because the vaccines have ALL only been approved for Emergency Use Only- which means if anything happens to you because of the vaccine, your family cannot sue the pharma company.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ine-comparison
That is the US, not the UK.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 6:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by verystormy
That is the US, not the UK.
I signed a form here in NZ. No probs. Rather be safer than dead.

edit... I've had a stupendous amount of vaccines in my time. Most of us that have travelled or work within certain professions will have.
There is no real huge worry over the rollout . The worry, which absolutely everyone should be considering as a potential killer to oneself and ones nearest and dearest, is the virus itself.

My only bad effect,which was rotten, was from a cholera jab donkeys years ago. That was a live vaccine. Pftzer, which I had, is not a live vaccine.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 14th 2021 at 6:40 am.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Like you,BEVS,I have had a lot of vaccines in the past as I was in the RAF & you got everything ,often on the same day,just in case you were on an immediate posting to a faraway place.I wasn´t concerned about what type of vaccine I was to receive just curious about the concent aspect.Much better for an oldie like myself to take a risk than a young person .But although it is right to say that you are more likely to be killed in a road accident,I am sure I would not be saying that if my daughter died from a blood clot after taking AZ.And I was thinking it was perhaps for the same reasons as LION & SHELLEY have stated.
Old Apr 14th 2021, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

delete
Old Apr 14th 2021, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
In the US you sign waivers for every possible medical procedure in all circumstances. We signed them for our covid vaccines in Illinois, too.
We did not sign any waivers for the vaccine here in San Diego....
Old Apr 15th 2021, 2:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
We did not sign any waivers for the vaccine here in San Diego....

Really?

I'll never get over how different all the different jurisdictions are in this country.

So I suppose that means you get to sue them? I'm surprised they haven't done the usual cya.