Countdown

Old Jun 19th 2014, 11:11 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Countdown

Old Jun 20th 2014, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting reading your countdown, so pleased we do not have the complication of pets this time round! I just left it all to professionals but then we had quarantine in those days! Coming to Canada therefore was a piece of cake. Makes me determined not to even think of getting a pet here!

Interested in how your move eventually goes with Upakweship on the other side as well. We may give that chap a ring, he seemed to be the most professional person, when our time eventually comes around!

Wont be long and you will be back and the stress will seem like a thing of the past and you can dine on it for a while!
Old Jun 20th 2014, 4:23 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I had an email from the Fiat dealer in Exeter today confirming that our car has arrived. I'm thrilled about that. We'd ordered the pearl colour even though it is not currently being offered on the website for the UK, so I wasn't sure we'd get it.

The reason for the colour is that for the last three years, a pearl Fiat 500 with a red leather interior is always parked outside the apartment in Vienna that we rent every year. Ever since we first saw it, we've been suffering from Autofarbeneid (envy of someone else's car colour -- a portmanteau word OH just made up).

Last edited by Editha; Jun 20th 2014 at 4:25 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
I had an email from the Fiat dealer in Exeter today confirming that our car has arrived. I'm thrilled about that. We'd ordered the pearl colour even though it is not currently being offered on the website for the UK, so I wasn't sure we'd get it.

The reason for the colour is that for the last three years, a pearl Fiat 500 with a red leather interior is always parked outside the apartment in Vienna that we rent every year. Ever since we first saw it, we've been suffering from Autofarbeneid (envy of someone else's car colour -- a portmanteau word OH just made up).
Ha! love it! autofarbeneid....dreadful feeling, desire that must be assuaged.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:27 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

One week to go. We are ahead of ourselves on our packing timetable; there's just half a dozen boxes and items to be numbered. The final packing list will be around 380 items.

On Saturday I cooked for the last time in Canada, before packing the saucepans and dismantling our dining table. We went to a friend's for dinner last night, and will be eating out between now and Wednesday when we move into a hotel suite with a kitchenette.

Today we take the cats to the vet for their pre-flight check-up. The temperature today is forecast to reach 24°C, but when we see the vet the atmosphere will be so icy that frost ferns will start growing on the window. At last night's dinner party, I asked my friend who is OH's work colleague whether she had been told the story of the cat export crisis. "Three times" she replied, in a tone that suggested she did not want to hear it again, which shows that OH was also reduced to gibbering by the stress, not just me.

Tomorrow we get the cats' paperwork stamped by the CFIA. Does anyone know why the Canada Food Importation Agency deals with the export of cats?

On Wednesday our car is being collected by its new owner, OH picks up the hire car, and in the late afternoon we move into the hotel downtown with our luggage and the moggies.

Thursday is the big day when the container arrives and is loaded.

Between Friday and Sunday we'll take our remaining stuff to the eco-centre, the thrift shop and friends to whom we are giving our electrical goods. I've not tried to sell any of it. My past experience of trying to get rid of household goods by selling is that it is time consuming and not worth the effort.

Then we'll clean the house and hand over the keys to the landlady on Sunday.

Wish us luck!
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

One week to go. We are ahead of ourselves on our packing timetable; there's just half a dozen boxes and items to be numbered. The final packing list will be around 380 items.

On Saturday I cooked for the last time in Canada, before packing the saucepans and dismantling our dining table. We went to a friend's for dinner last night, and will be eating out between now and Wednesday when we move into a hotel suite with a kitchenette.

Today we take the cats to the vet for their pre-flight check-up. The temperature today is forecast to reach 24°C, but when we see the vet the atmosphere will be so icy that frost ferns will start growing on the window. At last night's dinner party, I asked my friend who is OH's work colleague whether she had been told the story of the cat export crisis. "Three times" she replied, in a tone that suggested she did not want to hear it again, which shows that OH was also reduced to gibbering by the stress, not just me.

Tomorrow we get the cats' paperwork stamped by the CFIA. Does anyone know why the Canada Food Importation Agency deals with the export of cats?

On Wednesday our car is being collected by its new owner, OH picks up the hire car, and in the late afternoon we move into the hotel downtown with our luggage and the moggies.

Between Friday and Sunday we'll take our remaining stuff to the eco-centre, the thrift shop and friends to whom we are giving our electrical goods. I've not tried to sell any of it. My past experience of trying to get rid of household goods by selling is that it is time consuming and not worth the effort.

Wish us luck!

Good luck !
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Very best of luck, Editha!!
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

deepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know why the Canada Food Importation Agency deals with the export of cats?
I think the bigger question is why the Canada Food Importation Agency deals with cats?!

Have really enjoyed following your exploits, Editha. Thank you for taking the time to write this thread, with everything else you have going on. Your new car looks gorgeous (couldn't resist looking up a pearl Fiat 500). I always drove Alfas while I lived in England and am considering a Mito when I return - the Italians just understand style!

All the very best and please keep posting.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:00 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck and safe travels
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Wish us luck!
Great post! The whole thing can reduce one to gibbering, all too easily!

Soon will all be done and dusted
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:54 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Safe travels, Editha. See you on the other side!
Old Jun 24th 2014, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Editha, also wish to thank you for your posting of your countdown. I am now leaning more towards renting when we sell our house here, even if it is for 6 months so as to limit the stress. Having a list and a plan definitely helps. Best wishes for your journey back and look forward to hearing an update when you are settled in Devon
Old Jun 24th 2014, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Autofarbeneid (envy of someone else's car colour -- a portmanteau word OH just made up).
excellent.

Good luck with everything!
Old Jun 24th 2014, 4:28 am
Was in Canada, now home.

At lunchtime I got a call from the carriers employed by Upakweship, saying they can't park the container in our back yard, or our back lane, which meant I had to get a permit from the city to park on the road. It will make loading more difficult because there is no parking on our side of the road and so the men will have to keep crossing the road to the container.

It only took five minutes to ring the city and get a permit, but I was a bit pissed off because I've always made it clear that the container was to be parked in the yard and we exchanged emails in which I referred to the container being parked in the yard just last week. This is the first time that anyone has suggested it can't be. I'm not convinced it is impossible. Other firms that did a survey, including Starline, didn't see any difficulty.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 4:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

All the best and good luck with this move Editha.

Hope the container loading goes well despite it not being in your yard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.