Countdown

Old Jun 4th 2014, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Countdown

Originally Posted by Editha
Somebody else suggested that. I tried it and just got the message 'invalid phone number'.
For 0800 or 08xx?

For 0800 numbers:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA2...-number-series

Prices for 08xx numbers:

Go to this page, enter United Kingdom, click on view all payg rates:

http://www.skype.com/en/rates/

I just tried an 0800 number and an 0845 number (minus the leading "0") and both connected.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 4:40 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
For 0800 or 08xx?

For 0800 numbers:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA2...-number-series

Prices for 08xx numbers:

Go to this page, enter United Kingdom, click on view all payg rates:

http://www.skype.com/en/rates/

I just tried an 0800 number and an 0845 number (minus the leading "0") and both connected.
Thanks. I wasn't doing it right. I've tried again and got one of the 0845 numbers I was trying.

That's useful to know.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 2:12 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

A few years ago, when we were shopping in Save On Foods, a young man got me to sign up for a More credit card. I can't remember why it seemed a good idea at the time, but I'd regretted my decision by the time it arrived and immediately cut it in two and binned the paperwork.

Today a replacement card arrived because the old card was time expired. It had gone to our old address and been forwarded on.

Oops! I rang MBNA and cancelled it immediately, very relieved that it did not arrive in four weeks time, by which point we'd have left the country and an envelope containing a credit card in my name would have been wandering round the Canadian postal system to be opened by who knows who.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:00 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Three weeks to go.

OH returned from BC yesterday suffering from sunburn and wistfulness for his youth.

There's actually not much left to do now, until our last week when we'll pack the stuff we use day to day, take the cats to the vet and so on, so I have no excuse for feeling as anxious as I do.

Tomorrow my writers' group is having a goodbye lunch for me. OH has a diary full of goodbye drinks and lunches with colleagues and ex-students.

My plan was to spend the time between getting to the UK and our container arriving, decorating our house in Devon. But, that looks increasingly unfeasible. I'm probably going to be spending the rest of the summer sorting out my mother's care in Sussex and I'll be lucky if I get to do much in Devon beyond choosing a paint colour, putting a roller in OH's hand and pointing him at a wall.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Good news for you re being packed up and everything, but sorry to hear about your mum
Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:02 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Editha - I just want to say that I'm really enjoying your countdown. It's good to read about your preparations because it makes one really think about everything needed for the transition.

Thanks for writing this thread!
Old Jun 10th 2014, 11:53 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

I'm have a major panic attack about our cats.

Spud is a 20 year old lady, whose microchip was put in years ago in the UK. Zed is a sprightly 7 year old, whose microchip was put in by the first vet we used in Edmo. For the last 5 years or so they've been checked and vaccinated by a vet who did not insert the microchips.

We are employing Petsaway. Other people on this site recommend them highly, but I've found them very uncommunicative since I contacted them first in January.

Following what little instructions they have given us, we have bought the containers for the cats, and back in February we first took the cats to the vet. The vet checked their microchips and reissued their vaccination certificates with the microchip numbers on them. Then in March, Spud was due her annual booster for her rabies vaccination, so we had another vaccination certificate for her.

Copies of all the documentation has been sent to Petsaway, and we've filled in the forms they sent us promptly and returned them. So Petsaway have known what the situation is for some time.

My understanding was that all we had to do before we left was get the cats checked within our last week -- for which I'd made a vets appointment on Monday 23rd June. The vet would fill in the International Health Certificates, which we would get stamped by the CFIA -- and so I have booked an appointment with them on Tuesday 24th.

On several occasions over the last few months I've had a message from Petsaway saying Dave needs to speak to me about the microchips. On several occasions I've replied saying he can speak to me anytime. I've rung them on more than one occasion, but he has never been available.

Today he rings me. First he asks me how quickly I can get the International Health Certificate filled in. I explain that I've made an appointment for the last week. No, it has to be filled in now so he can have a copy.

Secondly, he needs my vet to sign a letter saying she checked the microchips before she vaccinated the cats. This is the first I've heard about this letter.

Dave has emailed me a copy of the letter, and frankly I don't think my vet can sign it in the form he has suggested. In his email he says the vet must fill in the 'four page form'. I have no idea what form he is talking about. The International Health Certificate is only one page.

I'm totally confused. I don't know whether I need to take the cats to the vet once more or twice more. I don't even know whether they are going to be able to travel in the same plane as us.

This feels like a disaster in the making.

Last edited by Editha; Jun 11th 2014 at 12:05 am.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I'm have a major panic attack about our cats.

Spud is a 20 year old lady, whose microchip was put in years ago in the UK. Zed is a sprightly 7 year old, whose microchip was put in by the first vet we used in Edmo. For the last 5 years or so they've been checked and vaccinated by a vet who did not insert the microchips.

We are employing Petsaway. Other people on this site recommend them highly, but I've found them very uncommunicative since I contacted them first in January.

Following what little instructions they have given us, we have bought the containers for the cats, and back in February we first took the cats to the vet. The vet checked their microchips and reissued their vaccination certificates with the microchip numbers on them. Then in March, Spud was due her annual booster for her rabies vaccination, so we had another vaccination certificate for her.

Copies of all the documentation has been sent to Petsaway, and we've filled in the forms they sent us promptly and returned them. So Petsaway have known what the situation is for some time.

My understanding was that all we had to do before we left was get the cats checked within our last week -- for which I'd made a vets appointment on Monday 23rd June. The vet would fill in the International Health Certificates, which we would get stamped by the CFIA -- and so I have booked an appointment with them on Tuesday 24th.

On several occasions over the last few months I've had a message from Petsaway saying Dave needs to speak to me about the microchips. On several occasions I've replied saying he can speak to me anytime. I've rung them on more than one occasion, but he has never been available.

Today he rings me. First he asks me how quickly I can get the International Health Certificate filled in. I explain that I've made an appointment for the last week. No, it has to be filled in now so he can have a copy.

Secondly, he needs my vet to sign a letter saying she checked the microchips before she vaccinated the cats. This is the first I've heard about this letter.

Dave has emailed me a copy of the letter, and frankly I don't think my vet can sign it in the form he has suggested. In his email he says the vet must fill in the 'four page form'. I have no idea what form he is talking about. The International Health Certificate is only one page.

I'm totally confused. I don't know whether I need to take the cats to the vet once more or twice more. I don't even know whether they are going to be able to travel in the same plane as us.

This feels like a disaster in the making.
Editha, lgabriel73 and MoshiMoshi are both very knowledgeable about the entire process and have been through it themselves quite recently. They help keep me straight so I hope they comment on this thread.

Wishing you and the kitties the VERY best!! It will all work out.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 2:00 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd be asking for Dave's supervisor..................
Old Jun 11th 2014, 2:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
I think I'd be asking for Dave's supervisor..................
Old Jun 11th 2014, 3:50 am
Was in Canada, now home.

He is the supervisor.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He is the supervisor.
Then i'd be asking for the supervisor's supervisor
Old Jun 11th 2014, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

vienna_nic is just really nicevienna_nic is just really nicevienna_nic is just really nicevienna_nic is just really nicevienna_nic is just really nicevienna_nic is just really nicevienna_nic is just really nicevienna_nic is just really nice

It sounds confusing. Is there any chance you can call a competitor and get information from them about which documents are required? Does your vet have any experience with migrating cats? You've probably tried this already, so feel free to ignore me
Old Jun 11th 2014, 6:32 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Update on the cat transport crisis.

Half solved but not over yet. Everyone is to blame including me.

Petsaway could have been more timely and informative from the very beginning, instead of leaving it until the 20th day before departure before checking the paperwork. All rabies vaccine requirements must be met before the 21st day. On the 20th day they asked me, for the first time, for letters from the vet regarding vaccination of each cat, additional to the other paperwork. It is very fortunate that my vet is still in Edmonton, since she is on leave next week.

My vet at Calgary Trail Pet Hospital (I named Petsaway, so I will name the vets too) assured me that she knew the requirements for exporting pets to the UK, but was actually completely ignorant of the 4 page EU form that has to be filled in, and was only intending to provide the Canada fitness for travel certificate (or to be exact have a colleague do it, since she will be on leave). Unlike the EU form, the Fitness for Travel Certificate has to be done within 10 days of travel.

I accidentally deleted an email that was sent me in April. There is a bit of a mystery surrounding this since I 'lost' a number of emails at the same time, and could not even find them in my email bin, so it may have been a gmail glitch. However, I did know that there had been an email accidentally deleted and rang Petsaway to tell them, but they did not resend the email until today. That is unfortunate, because it had the EU form as an attachment.

I've sent our vet the letters that are needed and the EU form and am hoping to get them back sometime today or tomorrow. I still have some anxiety that she is not going to be able to sign the letters in the form suggested by Petsaway.

AAAARGH!
Old Jun 11th 2014, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Update on the cat transport crisis.

Half solved but not over yet. Everyone is to blame including me.

Petsaway could have been more timely and informative from the very beginning, instead of leaving it until the 20th day before departure before checking the paperwork. All rabies vaccine requirements must be met before the 21st day. On the 20th day they asked me, for the first time, for letters from the vet regarding vaccination of each cat, additional to the other paperwork. It is very fortunate that my vet is still in Edmonton, since she is on leave next week.

My vet at Calgary Trail Pet Hospital (I named Petsaway, so I will name the vets too) assured me that she knew the requirements for exporting pets to the UK, but was actually completely ignorant of the 4 page EU form that has to be filled in, and was only intending to provide the Canada fitness for travel certificate (or to be exact have a colleague do it, since she will be on leave). Unlike the EU form, the Fitness for Travel Certificate has to be done within 10 days of travel.

I accidentally deleted an email that was sent me in April. There is a bit of a mystery surrounding this since I 'lost' a number of emails at the same time, and could not even find them in my email bin, so it may have been a gmail glitch. However, I did know that there had been an email accidentally deleted and rang Petsaway to tell them, but they did not resend the email until today. That is unfortunate, because it had the EU form as an attachment.

I've sent our vet the letters that are needed and the EU form and am hoping to get them back sometime today or tomorrow. I still have some anxiety that she is not going to be able to sign the letters in the form suggested by Petsaway.

AAAARGH!
If it were me, I'd be switching vets to find one that is VERY familiar with this process and willing to see it through personally from beginning to end. I don't think it is a difficult process but I have read of some vets missing one of the questions or at least not giving sufficient info and the owner having to scramble at the last minute to get it.

I talked to the vet here last night for about 30 minutes and he is very familiar with the process. (I've been worried about this because I live in a fairly isolated area.) This puts my mind at ease immensely, although I still plan to read up on it to ensure it is done properly all along the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.