The Bulgarian & Romanians

Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Bulgarian & Romanians

Originally Posted by Shard
How does he manage exotic holidays if he doesn't work?
I really don't know

I think maybe his outgoings are just really low.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:21 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I really don't know

I think maybe his outgoings are just really low.
They must be very low or someone else might be subsidising the trip. Whenever I read the words "unlimited medical treatment" I can be fairly sure it's someone from the USA posting!
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harvester523
I'm alright jack.
You don't think it reflects on your credibility that you're not prepared to say how much more wonderful the UK is now than it has been?
You need one of these if you're going to attempt to get anything even remotely like a discussion going with Chris.
Still at least you managed to get him to type something. His usual response to anything he can't answer is to either post a or say "just like in Australia".
He lives in a different England from my family that's for sure.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:57 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

My husband's uncle has hardly ever worked in his life. He still has an acceptable place to live, unlimited medical treatment (he and his family have a lot of health issues), and goes on exotic holidays every year. So hardly a terrible situation and one which would surely be far worse in many other countries. (Coincidentally, he hates foreigners and is not all PC about them).
In the UK system, carers who take care of their partners are provided with extra money to groom themselves as well as money for holidays.

For the uninformed, those that are either on DLA, guaranteed pension credit & now PIP or universal credit are provided with housing benefits as well as other top up's such as carers allowance or the underlying entitlement to it. Money to spare to go on vacation which would likely never happen in the US or Canada.

Your uncle is likely a fan of Alf Garnett in the TV comedy 'Till death us do part' or was taken in by the 1959 movie 'I'm allright jack', Shamless or The Royle Family

Last edited by not2old; Jan 10th 2014 at 9:01 am.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
In the UK system, carers who take care of their partners are provided with extra money to groom themselves as well as money for holidays.

For the uninformed, those that are either on DLA, guaranteed pension credit & now PIP or universal credit are provided with housing benefits as well as other top up's such as carers allowance or the underlying entitlement to it. Money to spare to go on vacation which would likely never happen in the US or Canada.

Your uncle is likely a fan of Alf Garnett in the TV comedy 'Till death us do part' or was taken in by the 1959 movie 'I'm allright jack'
Yes, I think carer's allowance probably explains it, which they get for their daughter. She needed the help later in life when he was already of retirement age.

I don't want to get too personal about him, but just trying to point out that people who are not 'productive' still get a reasonable deal in the UK as far as I can see, from a number of people we know.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:15 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think carer's allowance probably explains it, which they get for their daughter. She needed the help later in life when he was already of retirement age.

I don't want to get too personal about him, but just trying to point out that people who are not 'productive' still get a reasonable deal in the UK as far as I can see, from a number of people we know.

Case studies tell it that two older folks (partners) with some disability solely on state pensions not only get pension credit guarantee, they each can get Attendance Allowance as well as an underlying entitlement to carers allowance, plus housing benefit & council tax credit.....

The money package for the two of them will be close to £400 a week

Take out of that groceries, utilities bits & bobs - I'd be on two holidays a year.

The following link is one example even though its two years old

http://www.tameside.gov.uk/carers/allowance

Last edited by not2old; Jan 10th 2014 at 9:19 am.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Case studies tell it that two older folks (partners) with some disability solely on state pensions not only get pension credit guarantee, they each can get Attendance Allowance as well as an underlying entitlement to carers allowance, plus housing benefit & council tax credit.....

The money package for the two of them will be close to £400 a week

Take out of that groceries, utilities bits & bobs - I'd be on two holidays a year.
Probably goes someway to explaining this:-

http://www.debtbombshell.com/
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:28 am
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by TheCreature

one day you will be an old age pensioner & one of the many that does not have enough to live on and/or does not claim what you are entitled to.

Most Pensioners in the UK I believe paid their part to society, not knowing whats what, there is 5.5 billion in unclaimed entitled to benefits which in part is given to EU migrants or benefits scroungers.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

one day you will be an old age pensioner & one of the many that does not have enough to live on and/or does not claim what you are entitled to.

Most Pensioners in the UK I believe paid their part to society, not knowing whats what, there is 5.5 billion in unclaimed entitled to benefits which in part is given to EU migrants or benefits scroungers.
I guess you saw my post as an attack on pensioners, it's not.

Just pointing out that those figures and the story Sally told us, will be one of the reasons the UK is over a trillion in debt. It has a welfare system, which I hasten to add I fully support, that it can no longer afford.

How it manages that is one, if not thee, major issue the UK faces.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:34 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

He lives in a different England from my family that's for sure.
...and yours obviously live in a different England to my family.....or the one I lived in and will return to
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:38 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

There are so many different Englands these days. That's reality.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:42 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Same as everywhere else then
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:46 am
Dichotomus tinker

I guess you saw my post as an attack on pensioners, it's not.

no I did not

Just pointing out that those figures and the story Sally told us, will be one of the reasons the UK is over a trillion in debt. It has a welfare system, which I hasten to add I fully support, that it can no longer afford. .
is what you're saying is sick & disabled pensioner should not get taken care of?

My point was 5.5 billion goes unclaimed by pensioners

So, based on the borrowing [from your link page 2]

http://www.debtbombshell.com/britain...et-deficit.htm

Public finances out of control

At the very time tax revenues are declining and a debt crisis is ravaging the global economy, our politicians have chosen to go on an unprecedented spending splurge. To fund it, the Government borrowed a monumental £170.8 billion last year. If all goes well, we're set to borrow another £167.9 billion this year.

if the pensioners collected their rightful entitlement then the uk would need to borrow more money.

Public spending in the UK today

http://www.debtbombshell.com/public-spending.htm

So its not all welfare debt is it - its foreign aid spending, defence, NHS (OMG don't touch the NHS), education, welfare, pensions & the EU.

The UK is doomed, leave it now & emigrate ... desert the sinking ship

And before you start with the 'The government should do something' - its the voters that are to blame, you know them as the folks that elect sucessive governments that get to play with taxpayers money to give & waste it away.

'What we need is change' can be heard across the country, in the DM, pubs, shops just about everywhere.

Blame Labour, coalition government... we need the UKIP, that'll fix the EU problem

Last edited by not2old; Jan 10th 2014 at 10:53 am.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:49 am
Dichotomus tinker

I did not get that point

Last edited by not2old; Jan 10th 2014 at 10:54 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.