Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old May 7th 2014, 11:52 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Saw that last time it was on. Very enjoyable. There is something else along those lines that we have on the list: One Man and His Campervan. Part 1 starts off in Devon.

Watched Under Milk Wood last night. It was a veritable who's who of Welsh actors and entertainers. We liked it very much.

Also saw part 2 of Happy Valley. Very "Fargoesque." Will definitely see it through to the end.

The Crimson Field - meh. They seem to throw in various characters here and there so casually that you don't have much of a chance to get to know them or care about them much. Even the ones that have been around for a while are easily forgettable. The exception would be one of the volunteer nurses, played by Oona Chaplin, who has a hidden past that she has come to France to escape from. The more we get a little taste of what she left behind, the more we want to know. The rest, I couldn't give a toss about, quite frankly - especially the matron, who always looks like she has a stick up her bum
I watched the first episode of Crimson and am still undecided if I want to continue with it. I'll keep it on my recorder and perhaps go back to it when I have watched all the other stuff I am enjoying. I haven't seen the second episode of Happy Valley, but do plan on watching. I did enjoy the first episode, but a few scenes were very uncomfortable to watch.
Old May 7th 2014, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by lf1
I watched the first episode of Crimson and am still undecided if I want to continue with it. I'll keep it on my recorder and perhaps go back to it when I have watched all the other stuff I am enjoying. I haven't seen the second episode of Happy Valley, but do plan on watching. I did enjoy the first episode, but a few scenes were very uncomfortable to watch.
Be warned, more disturbing scenes in the 2nd episode, but I am sticking with it.
Old May 7th 2014, 8:12 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Saw that last time it was on. Very enjoyable. There is something else along those lines that we have on the list: One Man and His Campervan. Part 1 starts off in Devon.

Watched Under Milk Wood last night. It was a veritable who's who of Welsh actors and entertainers. We liked it very much.

Also saw part 2 of Happy Valley. Very "Fargoesque." Will definitely see it through to the end.

The Crimson Field - meh. They seem to throw in various characters here and there so casually that you don't have much of a chance to get to know them or care about them much. Even the ones that have been around for a while are easily forgettable. The exception would be one of the volunteer nurses, played by Oona Chaplin, who has a hidden past that she has come to France to escape from. The more we get a little taste of what she left behind, the more we want to know. The rest, I couldn't give a toss about, quite frankly - especially the matron, who always looks like she has a stick up her bum
Ooh, but I did like it when she spoke Punjabi.
Old May 8th 2014, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't realize the caravanning thing had been on before. Unfortunately I have seen the whole "One Man and a Campervan" series. I say unfortunately because I enjoyed it so much, I wish I still had it to look forward to. Maybe I'll just watch it again! (One of the benefits of losing one's short term memory ).

Was wondering about Under Milkwood so thanks for the tip... will give it a watch.

Yes, Oona Chaplin really makes "Crimson Field". Mind you her Scottish doctor friend is very nice to look at, and listen to (I'm soppy for a Scottish accent). I have not really warmed to Suranne Jones in this. I find that she always looks so pained which, for me, seems as though she is overacting. Seems as though she'll be in big trouble next episode! Do enjoy the series though.

Surprisingly, I really liked "When Corden met Barlow". I never really kept in touch with what was going on in England during the "Take That" period and found the whole thing quite interesting. It was well done and quite touching in parts.
Old May 8th 2014, 2:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
Didn't realize the caravanning thing had been on before. Unfortunately I have seen the whole "One Man and a Campervan" series. I say unfortunately because I enjoyed it so much, I wish I still had it to look forward to. Maybe I'll just watch it again! (One of the benefits of losing one's short term memory ).

Was wondering about Under Milkwood so thanks for the tip... will give it a watch.

Yes, Oona Chaplin really makes "Crimson Field". Mind you her Scottish doctor friend is very nice to look at, and listen to (I'm soppy for a Scottish accent). I have not really warmed to Suranne Jones in this. I find that she always looks so pained which, for me, seems as though she is overacting. Seems as though she'll be in big trouble next episode! Do enjoy the series though.

Surprisingly, I really liked "When Corden met Barlow". I never really kept in touch with what was going on in England during the "Take That" period and found the whole thing quite interesting. It was well done and quite touching in parts.
LOVED when Corden met Barlow. What a thoroughly nice man Gary Barlow is. I laughed, cried and sang through the hour. Fantastic.
Old May 8th 2014, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
LOVED when Corden met Barlow. What a thoroughly nice man Gary Barlow is. I laughed, cried and sang through the hour. Fantastic.
Ditto. A lovely man. Quite upset at how he was treated but love that he doesn't seem bitter.

I laughed and cried too, especially THAT scene (I'm sure you know what I mean). Couldn't sing... didn't know the words.
Old May 12th 2014, 1:57 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the original topic,
Broadchurch 2 has been confirmed, details here..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s218/...oE3KAOzK6g4hYT
Old May 12th 2014, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs

That's great news mikelincs.
Old May 13th 2014, 2:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic final part of Prey last night. I John Simm
Old May 13th 2014, 8:46 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by mikelincs

It's also been announced today that the actress Charlotte Rampling is also joining Broadchurch:

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/story/1/474...h#.U3KEYfnyE1I
Old May 13th 2014, 9:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=798
Old May 13th 2014, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
Fantastic final part of Prey last night. I John Simm
Ok, I give up, I decided to watch it after all, because I too love John Simm. Watched part one and went on a John Simm binge online ... he's a very interesting character.
Old May 14th 2014, 2:02 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone having problems with the new BBC iplayer with media hint?
Old May 14th 2014, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oink
Anyone having problems with the new BBC iplayer with media hint?
Yes I was for the past 2 days and did download a new Adobe flashplayer then found out if I clicked on "Watch in HD" below the video it works. Thank goodness .

Don't know if the flash player was actually needed.
Old May 14th 2014, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
Ditto. A lovely man. Quite upset at how he was treated but love that he doesn't seem bitter.

I laughed and cried too, especially THAT scene (I'm sure you know what I mean). Couldn't sing... didn't know the words.
Finally got around to seeing this. Loved it! Left the UK long before this boy band so knew nothing about Gary's story. But HUGE fan of James. Anyone seen The Wrong Mans?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.