Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Old May 27th 2013, 8:40 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Hey Miss Betty, what is the Etihad airline like? I don't know anyone whom has flown with them and wonder how they compare to Qantas, BA etc?

Enjoy the rest of your journey....
Flown with them before and they were excellent! Had a great time so far with Virgin (see 'Troppo' thread update!) will let you all know once I am back how they are this time I promise! In the bar as I type ha ha!!!!
Old May 27th 2013, 8:44 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Aha! There are mixed reviews on the Skytrax website from passengers who've flown with them... Good to hear that it's got off to a great start!

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/etihad.htm

I guess you've already been in transit at Abu Dhabi airport which is your next stop....what a weird place, all those garish green tiles but it looks cool compared to any other airport I've ever transited in lol! I was amused by the veiled Arabic women going behind the screens for their ID checks...
Old May 27th 2013, 9:02 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Aha! There are mixed reviews on the Skytrax website from passengers who've flown with them... Good to hear that it's got off to a great start!

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/etihad.htm

I guess you've already been in transit at Abu Dhabi airport which is your next stop....what a weird place, all those garish green tiles but it looks cool compared to any other airport I've ever transited in lol! I was amused by the veiled Arabic women going behind the screens for their ID checks...
Yes have been to Abu Dhabi before and wtf is it with those tiles lol!!!! Traveled a lot in the middle east, really liked it and they are hiring UK paramedics at a rate of knots atm. Who knows one day it could be Betty in a burka ha ha!
Old May 27th 2013, 1:23 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

The flight from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi took off on time:

http://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/ETD461

If it has 'timed out' then you can go to http://www.flightaware.com

See 'live flight tracker' on the left hand side of the home page....the airline is Etihad - ETD and flight is 461)
Old May 27th 2013, 1:49 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

See 'live flight tracker' on the left hand side of the home page....the airline is Etihad - ETD and flight is 461)
602 miles gone, 6,650 to go.
Old May 27th 2013, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like the longest flight ever! And still another leg after that! Hope you've had enough to drink, Miss Betty, that you can just pass out and sleep all the way
Old May 27th 2013, 2:27 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
That looks like the longest flight ever! And still another leg after that! Hope you've had enough to drink, Miss Betty, that you can just pass out and sleep all the way
still 11hr 30 to go on this leg..
Old May 27th 2013, 6:45 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Still 7 hours 7minutes to go Miss Betty...hope you've drank the plane dry and are snoozing away merrily... lol Gosh I remember those long flights! Hope the rest of the journey is as smooth as anything. Sleep well..lol
Old May 27th 2013, 7:02 pm
Concierge

Just about half way into this leg now, clear of the Australia coastline.. You've escaped..
Old May 27th 2013, 7:12 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Just about half way into this leg now, clear of the Australia coastline.. You've escaped..
Thanks for keeping us posted on Miss Betty's journey. I hope she is having a good sleep before the next leg of her trip.
Old May 27th 2013, 7:13 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Thanks for keeping us posted on Miss Betty's journey. I hope she is having a good sleep before the next leg of her trip.
Yes, thanks. I lost track of the day and time! What a long haul!
Old May 27th 2013, 9:17 pm
Concierge

4.5 hours, 2,600 miles to go
Old May 27th 2013, 9:26 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
4.5 hours, 2,600 miles to go
What a long journey. I do hope she has been able to sleep
Old May 27th 2013, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I think MissBetty stil has about 3 hours of a 13-hour flight to go before she reaches Abu Dhabi, followed by a 7-hour flight to London. WHEW!!
Old May 28th 2013, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

How wonderful that we can be all cheering on Miss Betty!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.