Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Jackie's plane has departed.....she's on her way to the UK!
She couldn't wait to get out of here and they left the gate 27" early but by the time they got off the ground it was 7" before departure time.
I can imagine the tears were really rolling. Think of your makeup girl
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:42 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

And for all the newly arrived expats as they clear the immigration and baggage halls in the UK airports......

WELCOME HOME!!!!!

Last edited by Englishmum; Jan 26th 2011 at 4:27 am.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

And for all the newly arrived expats as they clear the immigration and baggage halls in the UK airports......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo
I keep visiting this video over and over again, well about 6 times anyway.

I think I'll get some shut eye so I will be up when she arrives.
First of all I'm going outside to see if I can the the lights of her plane because it should be overhead by now.

Cheers!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, fabulous flash mob! I was just 11 days too soon for it, now if only they had had it the day I arrived .....

Back to the flight tracker now to see where Jackie is!

Last edited by quoll; Jan 26th 2011 at 8:24 am.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

If only all of us who have returned or will be returning could have that kind of welcome. Some of us are coming back to no family, and friends that we have to find and rekindle the friendship flame. Perhaps an idea would be that if we know of someone who is returning back to UK and there will be no one there to meet them, if we live close to that airport and can spare the time we could meet them at the airport have a cup ot tea or coffee and assist them to where they are going. It is the small things that make such a difference to those of us who came alone, just a friendly face at the end of a long journey can make all the difference. Just an idea.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:22 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
If only all of us who have returned or will be returning could have that kind of welcome. Some of us are coming back to no family, and friends that we have to find and rekindle the friendship flame. Perhaps an idea would be that if we know of someone who is returning back to UK and there will be no one there to meet them, if we live close to that airport and can spare the time we could meet them at the airport have a cup ot tea or coffee and assist them to where they are going. It is the small things that make such a difference to those of us who came alone, just a friendly face at the end of a long journey can make all the difference. Just an idea.
I agree totally Peigi!!! That is what Tanto, Rosie, Don, Windsong, Gab and myself and others were proposing on the returnee thread.........Rosie (Islandwoman) has an idea to get a Facebook Homecoming page happening.

I COULD be near living/working to Heathrow very soon and if so would be honoured to meet any of our returnees, mind you I CANNOT sing like these guys or anywhere near it LOL!!

Last edited by Beedubya; Jan 26th 2011 at 9:59 am.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie should have landed by now and be on her way back to her parents - I wonder how many tears were shed at that reunion!!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Welcome back home Jackie, looking foward to your posts, said with big lump in my throat
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:30 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PAT M
Welcome back home Jackie, looking foward to your posts, said with big lump in my throat
And a tear in the eye!! Can't wait for your first post Jackie.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

My flight details.
Depart Orlando International Feb 21st at 18.05 flight # VS028
Arrive Gatwick 07.05 22nd Feb.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 4:42 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

OK......as Dontheturner is leaving from the Far East, local time there is 7 hours ahead of the UK and 12 hours ahead of the Eastern Seaboard in the US (eg. New York, Philly, Washington DC, Florida etc.)

Sentosa is leaving on the same date, but still has many hours to go before departure.

So - to track Dontheturn and wife Tim:

He is on flight BA10 on the leg from Bangkok to London Heathrow on 21st Feb:

http://www.flightstats.com or http://www.flightstats.co.uk

http://www.britishairways.com/rtad/travel/public/en_gb

As far as I can tell, the BA website states that the flight departed at 00.31hrs (about 20 mins late) but not sure if it has pulled back from the gate and taxiing or has actually taken off?

I pulled up this info (but it might time out):

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...lightNumber=10

Anyway....unless they missed their regional connection into Bangkok, they're on their way to Heathrow!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:37 am
Home Sweet Home

OK......as Dontheturner is leaving from the Far East, local time there is 7 hours ahead of the UK and 12 hours ahead of the Eastern Seaboard in the US (eg. New York, Philly, Washington DC, Florida etc.)

Sentosa is leaving on the same date, but still has many hours to go before departure.

So - to track Dontheturn and wife Tim:

He is on flight BA10 on the leg from Bangkok to London Heathrow on 21st Feb:

http://www.flightstats.com or http://www.flightstats.co.uk

http://www.britishairways.com/rtad/travel/public/en_gb

As far as I can tell, the BA website states that the flight departed at 00.31hrs (about 20 mins late) but not sure if it has pulled back from the gate and taxiing or has actually taken off?

I pulled up this info (but it might time out):

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...lightNumber=10

Anyway....unless they missed their regional connection into Bangkok, they're on their way to Heathrow!
Go Don and Tim, not long now and you will be touching down in the motherland.

How exciting for us all, I think there are 3 couples and me off this week, so that makes 7 people in one week, is this a record?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

That flight arrives 6am London time so they must be there by now! (My son went back on it in December and I remember tracking it around 4 - 5pm Aus time).

Welcome home guys!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Yes welcome home Don and Tim...Hope it was a nice flight.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:10 pm
Home Sweet Home

Welcome home Don and Tim, bet you are off to Greggs for a pastie for your lunch Don, enjoy!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.