4 days to go

Old Jul 10th 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of
Default 4 days to go

4 days before we fly back to blighty! Can't quite believe it. Have been in Australia for 19 years and have dreamed of this moment for a long time.

To say it's been stressful organising everything is a massive understatement. We are working from dawn till the dead of night packing, cleaning trying to remember all the loose ends that need tying. In fact, if anyone else is comtemplating this huge change of life, my sincere advice is to give yourselves plenty of time and plenty of wine and good humour!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

red35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to all
Default Re: 4 days to go

Good Luck with it all. I just wanted to ask how long you have been thinking about leaving and what was the thing that made you finally decide?

I really want to go back to UK one day and another day I am really scared that I wont like it when I get there lol. Hubby has said let's do it after so many arguments now I am confused if it is the right thing or not. We are all Australian citizens so we can come back to Oz if we realize we made a mistake.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by red35
Good Luck with it all. I just wanted to ask how long you have been thinking about leaving and what was the thing that made you finally decide?

I really want to go back to UK one day and another day I am really scared that I wont like it when I get there lol. Hubby has said let's do it after so many arguments now I am confused if it is the right thing or not. We are all Australian citizens so we can come back to Oz if we realize we made a mistake.
Thanks I think we'll need a bit of luck

Have been thinking seriously about moving back for about 10 years but can only really afford to do it now. We're renting our house out in Melbourne and have both got leave without pay from our jobs. All in all we've got about 6 months to try and secure work in the UK. We have somewhere to stay and all my family are there so we should have good support.

We're all scared to death about how things will work out but we have to give it a go, even if it's to decide to come back to Oz. My wife and child are both aussies and have never lived in Britain so who knows what will happen

But, fingers crossed, we will all settle and make it work.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by salopian

Have been thinking seriously about moving back for about 10 years but can only really afford to do it now. We're renting our house out in Melbourne and have both got leave without pay from our jobs. All in all we've got about 6 months to try and secure work in the UK. We have somewhere to stay and all my family are there so we should have good support.

We're all scared to death about how things will work out but we have to give it a go, even if it's to decide to come back to Oz. My wife and child are both aussies and have never lived in Britain so who knows what will happen

All the very best of luck, big move but nothing ventured nothing gained
Old Jul 10th 2010, 5:08 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Very smart - you never know if it will work (but hopefully it will), so best to give yourself options.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

All the best! It sounds like you are doing this very sensibly and not burning any bridges. Hope you find jobs you like within a short time then you will be able to give it a really good go! If anything, the thought of packing up a house is the one thing which would give me pause. If I could just pack the backpack and wave farewell that would be so easy but all the negotiating, ceasing contracts, selling cars and all that would be a real challenge. However, if my DH said "lets do it" I would be in there like a shot - and rely on the bottles of wine for support!

Just think, by next weekend you will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

good luck in your venture! I think you have done it the right way considering your wife and child are aus, I hope it works out well for you and that you get to stay in the UK!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Good Luck

At least you are coming back to some good weather.

Remember to take one day at a time, where-ever you go, you can't move mountains in a day.......
Old Jul 11th 2010, 10:29 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

4 days before we fly back to blighty! Can't quite believe it. Have been in Australia for 19 years and have dreamed of this moment for a long time.

To say it's been stressful organising everything is a massive understatement. We are working from dawn till the dead of night packing, cleaning trying to remember all the loose ends that need tying. In fact, if anyone else is comtemplating this huge change of life, my sincere advice is to give yourselves plenty of time and plenty of wine and good humour!
Glug glug.

Lots of luck with your move. I hope it is everything you hope for. We'll be leaving at the end of Aug for a two month trip to the US and Mexico and then back to the UK just in time for winter. Nice. I'm looking forward to a change but I identify with your stresses.....

Lots of luck again and keep us posted on your experiences.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 10:32 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

We're just going for it after many hours of discussion and reached the same conclusion. Nothing has to be forever. I want to reconnect with my Mum who has lost her husband and best friend in the past two years. I've missed seven wedding and two funerals and just want to get back to some familiarity.

Good luck in your decision.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:57 am
Just Joined

red35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to allred35 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
We're just going for it after many hours of discussion and reached the same conclusion. Nothing has to be forever. I want to reconnect with my Mum who has lost her husband and best friend in the past two years. I've missed seven wedding and two funerals and just want to get back to some familiarity.

Good luck in your decision.
Thank you, I think if my son was 100 percent for going back,I would have no hesitation(He is 19 & my daughter is 15) but you are right nothing has to be forever.

Hope everything goes well for you.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:56 am
Lost in Space

Thank you, I think if my son was 100 percent for going back,I would have no hesitation(He is 19 & my daughter is 15) but you are right nothing has to be forever.

Hope everything goes well for you.
When kids are older it's much more difficult to do. As parents we want what's best for them and what they want if often 'home'. That's difficult when home is two different places. Best wishes to you.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your good wishes. I will give updates as we go along. Movers came in today, house is now a bomb site and we're left with two matresses, some bedding and a tv! Pets are going in the morning, they're flying Qantas, then we just have to clean. Amazing how it's all come together really. Never thought we'd manage it a week ago.

Good luck to everyone else contemplating or in the middle of this nerve-wracking adventure.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

newbieexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck!