Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Positive Editorial on MM2H in "The Expat"

Positive Editorial on MM2H in "The Expat"

Old Oct 23rd 2018, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Positive Editorial on MM2H in "The Expat"

I though that people might be interested in the editorial in support of maintaining an affordable MM2H program in "The Expat". On pp.9 there is also some information on the "Forest City" project.

https://en.calameo.com/read/005063995b84120542f62
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Positive Editorial on MM2H in "The Expat"

Originally Posted by RedApe
I though that people might be interested in the editorial in support of maintaining an affordable MM2H program in "The Expat". On pp.9 there is also some information on the "Forest City" project.

https://en.calameo.com/read/005063995b84120542f62
I do hope that you are aware that the publisher of this magazine also runs an MM2H agency? And therefore has a keen interest in MM2H being popular?
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, I was aware of that. It's obvious from reading the magazine. But he isn't advocating changing anything that I can see would particularly foster his business (e.g. eliminating the self-application program). He's merely advocating that MM2H continue, and remain affordable for applicants. As I see it the editorial largely overlaps with the interests of those on, or applying for, an MM2H visa.

If you can see anything where he particularly is directing applicants to agents, and more specifically, HIS agency please point it out. I did not read this as spam. I'm a recipient of Sarawak M2H so am one-step outside the group that is directly effected by changes in MM2H...but if someone is applying for MM2H then they also would have a vested interest in keeping the system. Many would have vested interests in reforming the system one way or another.

Anyone is free to criticize or support the contents of the editorial if they wish. And BTW I would be just as likely to post something from a government official or other public figure advocating the elimination of MM2H visas. Why? Because it's important for many who are on or applying for these visas to know what's "in the air".
Old Oct 24th 2018, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
I do hope that you are aware that the publisher of this magazine also runs an MM2H agency? And therefore has a keen interest in MM2H being popular?
True, but since I arrived Malaysia, "The Expat" was a great source of information and I highly appreciate the quality of this publication.

About the Editorial, he writes what we all think now for many months. Nobody certainly listens to us, maybe somebody in the new government listens to him.
Old Oct 24th 2018, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Although I do like the quality of "The Expat" I often find that text written about current news is outdated by the time the magazine is published. There is quite some time delay between when the text is written and the moment it arrives at the readers. I guess that is the disadvantage of any printed publication over online newspapers, and is not specific to "The Expat".
Old Nov 19th 2018, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

meched55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Redape for the link. Informative magazine. I didn't realize Malaysia also has caning too, I knew Singapore did.