MM2H Approval Hope

Old Nov 10th 2018, 6:39 am
Just Joined

stij19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MM2H Approval Hope

Hi all, am new here and please guide and let me know if got any mistakes,

So, I’m Direct Applicant to the MM2H programme , currently status Pending Committe Approval (last changed since 1st of September 2018) and the application was submitted on 31 May 2018

As I remember the officer told me that it will take about 5 months to be approved and now realized already 5 months and 10 days, a bit worry about this issue, anyone could please help and suggest? As last month I have called to the officer and told me that “under process”

Thanks in advance, ah ya and I’m now under social visit visa in MY, is it affecting?
Old Nov 10th 2018, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H Approval Hope

I would take what the officer said with a grain of salt. The average time is about 5 months. Sometimes it takes 7 or 8. There was also some rigamarole in July regarding some revisions in the rules regarding applications from China. Probably that made the approval committees have to meet regarding procedures rather than read through an application and rubber stamp it.

There is an on-line site you can check the process of approval.

Check Status | MM2H Check N' Track

OR

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/...ication-status
Old Nov 11th 2018, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RedApe
I would take what the officer said with a grain of salt. The average time is about 5 months. Sometimes it takes 7 or 8. There was also some rigamarole in July regarding some revisions in the rules regarding applications from China. Probably that made the approval committees have to meet regarding procedures rather than read through an application and rubber stamp it.

There is an on-line site you can check the process of approval.

Edited the link because my posts count not more than 5 yet
Hi Sir, thanks for your response,

btw the first link you have provided is the one I usually used to check my status, and why the second link I cannot access? Using local fibre internet

and, I see , maybe my application will be a little bit more than 5months hehee, just wondering bcs my status changed to pending committee approval considered long time ago (1 sep 2018)

is it usually the officer will only let you know that “in process”?
Old Nov 11th 2018, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

They seem to be having some issues with the main mm2h.gov.my site. It was down last weekend, then up, now down.

An officer will say "in process" which simply means "not yet rejected". As I noted there were some political issues re. Chinese applications to MM2H and this may have resulted in the "Committee" being involved in other activities relating to the formulation of new regulations or better review for that group. The fact that it has been sent to the Committee is a good sign as it means that there are likely no incomplete or missing documents in your application. Now they are reviewing qualifications and likely pushing it between different officials for "checks". For example, if they have some concern about your financials they may contact your bank. If they have some concern about your background they may check with your employer or the law enforcement authorities in your place of previous residence. But I would not worry greatly as two months at this stage likely is just part of the bureaucratic process of getting the various Ministries to "have their say". Deliver, sit on desk or in a file for two weeks, the person reviews accumulated applications, stamp, stamp, stamp, sign, sign...then send off to the next Ministry, Wash, Rinse and Repeat. Then final approval, write letters of Conditional Approval, more stamps from different officials. Then they send the letters to the person in charge of mailing, they must look at the application addresses, type up on envelopes, then they send down to the mailroom. Someone passes the list to the website for submission. They may get around to posting it if they are not involved in some thing else.

Remarkably, things may proceed much more quickly in you are physically there....as occurs when you submit your Fixed Deposit letters, etc. and pick up (and pay for) your visas. Paperwork can be placed in a stack, isn't physically staring at you from a counter, or holding a "service number". I also tend to think that there some truth to the fact that the slow pace of processing is due to the fact that bureaucratic systems are inefficient by nature. If you had a super-efficient employee who actually went through the applications rapidly...they'd be done after two hours and just sitting around. They then get upbraided for "not working". Possibly get fired. Or that person could do they work of 3-4 others...which means that others would get fired. Not a way to make friends and supporters in any workplace.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Anyway, many thanks for your concern and response to this thread.. btw is it not yet rejected or not yet approved? 🤣 ya I’m Chinese but I’m not from China.. hmm then I should be worry? But for sure I don’t have any criminal issue 😄
Old Nov 11th 2018, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't know the politics about what the issue is with Chinese...other than the fear that too many are coming, developers are creating large city sized communities catering to citizens of China, and there are some questions about whether applicants were told that they'd be able to open businesses or become citizens down the road. Mahathir seems to be expressing more concern about Chinese NATIONALS. But anyone that follows the history of racial issues in peninsular Malaysia would realize that there is a long history of racism regarding ethnic Malay-ethnic Chinese- ethnic Indian communities.

I think it would be difficult to craft a regulation strictly on the basis of race for the current (or past) governments, as they are both dependent upon support of these large minority groups. So any regulation would likely deal mainly with Chinese Nationals...or everybody (regardless of race). They recently instituted a new rule about the "Proof of Good Behaviour" that was specifically oriented for China and Hong Kong , for example.

Oh, one more thing. Usually people already being processed would not be effected by a new regulation.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 9:54 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

MM2H applications and renewals are currently suspended while management of the programme is transferred from Tourism to Home Affairs. Probably only a short delay unless they decide to take this opportunity to revise the conditions for MM2H. Hopefully any applications already submitted and those renewals in progress will eventually move forward on their original terms. Nothing you can do except watch and wait, I'm afraid.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 11:37 am
Just Joined

I don't know the politics about what the issue is with Chinese...other than the fear that too many are coming, developers are creating large city sized communities catering to citizens of China, and there are some questions about whether applicants were told that they'd be able to open businesses or become citizens down the road. Mahathir seems to be expressing more concern about Chinese NATIONALS. But anyone that follows the history of racial issues in peninsular Malaysia would realize that there is a long history of racism regarding ethnic Malay-ethnic Chinese- ethnic Indian communities.

I think it would be difficult to craft a regulation strictly on the basis of race for the current (or past) governments, as they are both dependent upon support of these large minority groups. So any regulation would likely deal mainly with Chinese Nationals...or everybody (regardless of race). They recently instituted a new rule about the "Proof of Good Behaviour" that was specifically oriented for China and Hong Kong , for example.

Oh, one more thing. Usually people already being processed would not be effected by a new regulation.
Yes, I also hope for that submitted applications won’t be affected, that proof of good behaviour is from my country local police? If yes , I have submitted also, and the new regulations or whatever it was, is after 31 May 2018 right?

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
MM2H applications and renewals are currently suspended while management of the programme is transferred from Tourism to Home Affairs. Probably only a short delay unless they decide to take this opportunity to revise the conditions for MM2H. Hopefully any applications already submitted and those renewals in progress will eventually move forward on their original terms. Nothing you can do except watch and wait, I'm afraid.
Yes, I’m also wishing for that move forward things. What does it mean transferred from Tourism to Home Affairs btw? Thanks in advance
Old Nov 11th 2018, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
This topic was addressed at the BHCKL meeting by Datin Sharifah. Management of MM2H is not being moved to Home Affairs. The selection committee remains the same. However, some if not all applications are being further reviewed by Home Affairs after the committee has given approval, due to the Forest City controversy.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Epicurious
This topic was addressed at the BHCKL meeting by Datin Sharifah. Management of MM2H is not being moved to Home Affairs. The selection committee remains the same. However, some if not all applications are being further reviewed by Home Affairs after the committee has given approval, due to the Forest City controversy.
I see, so it does mean that every single application will be further reviewed even if I plan to stay in Island? Hmm noted with thanks sir 🙏
Old Nov 11th 2018, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stij19
I see, so it does mean that every single application will be further reviewed even if I plan to stay in Island?
What "island" are you referring to? If "Forest City" then perhaps it could be related to the delay.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

I see, so it does mean that every single application will be further reviewed even if I plan to stay in Island? Hmm noted with thanks sir 🙏
Datin Sharifah did not make it clear whether all applications are going to HA or just some.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 7:53 am
Just Joined

What "island" are you referring to? If "Forest City" then perhaps it could be related to the delay.
sorry i mean island is penang island, if forest city u meant is in penang?

Originally Posted by Epicurious
Datin Sharifah did not make it clear whether all applications are going to HA or just some.
ok noted with thanks sir, idk where to get actual and accurate status is ongoing now hahaa..
Old Nov 12th 2018, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

No, Forest City was a controversial mega-development (3425 acres) in Johor, opposite Singapore that is being built on reclaimed land projected to hold 700,000 residents by 2050. It was being heavily marketed to Chinese citizens and some say that the MM2H program was being used to promote it- incorrectly- as a step to permanent residency, citizenship or establishing a business. The MM2H program guarantees nothing like this - and in some ways is worse than a long-stay social visit visa for getting permanent residency. The developer claimed that it was NOT exclusively being promoted to Chinese, and that any promotional offers re. MM2H were simply mistakes or misinterpretations by buyers.

Regardless, any development of this size bringing in so many non-Malaysians into a city-sized enclave was inevitably going to raise concerns.

https://thediplomat.com/2017/08/mala...e-damage-done/
Old Nov 12th 2018, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry i mean island is penang island, if forest city u meant is in penang?
You may want to read some newspaper articles about the political sensitivities in Malaysia about Chinese Nationals and the Forest City development project in Johor. Some random links:
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...p-forest-city/
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...dential-visas/
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/...eting-efforts/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.