MM2H ten years visa renew

Old Aug 31st 2020, 11:40 am
Just Joined

harold4484 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MM2H ten years visa renew

Hi, everyone, me and my wife 's 10 years visa will be expired on 7 Jan 2021, it is still not possible to entry to Malaysia so far, seeking advice from anyone can help, BTW we are resided at Glasgow, Scotland, our visa were issued from Immigration Dept of Putuajaya, many thanks
Old Aug 31st 2020, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H ten years visa renew

Do you have an agent that assisted you in the process of getting the visas or down the road at some point? If not I would contact one of the major agents and see if they can assist. I'm not even sure if the Ministry of Immigration has established a MM2H desk yet, to handle MM2H issues.

MM2H participants CAN apply to re-enter Malaysia but must undergo a 2 week Quarantine and pay for the cost of accommodation/testing. So technically it is possible to re-enter Malaysia...just inconvenient.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
I'm not even sure if the Ministry of Immigration has established a MM2H desk yet, to handle MM2H issues.
As far as I know business at the MM2H center at MOTAC is going as before. Just much less people waiting.

And for UK citizens it should be no problem to enter with expired MM2H before extending as they don´t have to pay the Journey Performed Visa.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harold4484
Hi, everyone, me and my wife 's 10 years visa will be expired on 7 Jan 2021, it is still not possible to entry to Malaysia so far, seeking advice from anyone can help, BTW we are resided at Glasgow, Scotland, our visa were issued from Immigration Dept of Putuajaya, many thanks
As your current MM2H visa is still valid should it be possible for you to get entry into Malaysia. MM2H-holders are one of the categories of foreigners who are allowed entry into the country. Of course will the government put you in a 2 week quarantine in a hotel at your cost. I lost count on whether you have to do a Covid test before you step on the plane to Malaysia: I'm not sure whether that is still a requirement.

I am not sure whether a request to renew your MM2H visa for another 10 years will be entertained. As you may know, have all current applications been put on hold (or cancelled or rejected) as the entire MM2H program is currently being reviewed by the government. It remains to be seen what the requirements will be when they restart taking applications. And whether those modified requirements will only apply to new applicants, or also to people who want to renew their MM2H after their current one expires. Nobody knows and the government hasn't made any statements yet.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point

In other words.. Opacity is hallmark of Good Governance and Helter Skelter the official moto of bureaucracy in MY..are you sure you still want to renew you MM2H (LMAO).. did you sign up with International Brotherhood of ...........Masochists-R-US ? (just joking.. no offense intended..) ..

A friend of mine recently arrived in KL to join a ship.. even he is being subjected to a 14 day self (in his case..company) paid quarantine.. for no real good reason . since he is joining a ship and will be sailing off .. away from MY shores.. not only is he stuck.. his ship is going to be stuck in MY for 7 days, because of his quarantine (he is there to relieve the ships captain and take over) .. to see humor in absurd .. it to live longer (or at least more satisfying ) life ..
Old Sep 1st 2020, 8:41 am
Just Joined

harold4484 is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks to all of you who gave me the advice I need, hopefully we can come ASAP not only the Visa but the food , environment and the smells of Malaysia that I've been missed so much.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssoomro
In other words.. Opacity is hallmark of Good Governance and Helter Skelter the official moto of bureaucracy in MY..are you sure you still want to renew you MM2H (LMAO).. did you sign up with International Brotherhood of ...........Masochists-R-US ? (just joking.. no offense intended..) ..

A friend of mine recently arrived in KL to join a ship.. even he is being subjected to a 14 day self (in his case..company) paid quarantine.. for no real good reason . since he is joining a ship and will be sailing off .. away from MY shores.. not only is he stuck.. his ship is going to be stuck in MY for 7 days, because of his quarantine (he is there to relieve the ships captain and take over) .. to see humor in absurd .. it to live longer (or at least more satisfying ) life ..

Recently an able bodied seaman flew into KLIA from Japan to join the crew of an oil tanker that has been heavily hit with Covid-19. Several of the crew of the ship which started in Japan and sailed to Singapore and was going to the Philippines fell ill. They were on-shored and tested in Bintulu. Positive. So while the sick crew were put into a Sarawak hospital...they needed a new crew. The ABS tested negative at KLIA, but when he got to Bintulu his test there was positive. Turns out the test at KLIA is one nostril...in Sarawak it's both. They retested in the hospital, another positive. So this guy too is off to the hospital. If he had gone aborad the crew would have been reexposed to the virus.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SushiFan
I am not sure whether a request to renew your MM2H visa for another 10 years will be entertained. As you may know, have all current applications been put on hold (or cancelled or rejected) as the entire MM2H program is currently being reviewed by the government. It remains to be seen what the requirements will be when they restart taking applications. And whether those modified requirements will only apply to new applicants, or also to people who want to renew their MM2H after their current one expires. Nobody knows and the government hasn't made any statements yet.
I would think it is important to at least get the request lodged and the paperwork for renewal submitted. If the visa lapses they might require you to apply under the new provisions. If you are in the process of renewal there's a good chance you'd be "grandfathered" in under the original terms.

The last announcement given by MOTAC in this sort of situation was this

"d. For the MM2H Dependents Pass holders whose pass expired during MCO but the Principal holder of MM2H visa is not in Malaysia, the MM2H Dependents Pass holders must apply for the Special Pass at the Immigration Unit, MM2H Centre, Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture. The Special Pass will be given for a duration until the Principal is able to renew the pass....Malaysia My Second Home Centre Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture 6 May 2020
" http://motac.gov.my/images/attachsto...ECOND_HOME.pdf

I'm unsure what to do now if the MOTAC is closed for MM2H purposes.,

According to Alter Domus if your visa expires you may be subject to a JP fee of RM520/passport."The Applicant himself must be present in person at the Immigration Department of Malaysia or State Immigration Department which issued the initial approval.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR RENEWAL

The Applicant should bring the following documents and payment:
  1. Letter of Intention by The Principal/ Sponsor
  2. Original & Copy Of Applicant's Passport
  3. Form IMM. 55 (1 Copy you need to bring)
  4. Form IMM. 38 (1 Copy, you need to bring If Applicable)
  5. Current Proof Of 3 Month Offshore Income RM10,000 And Above
  6. Original of Fixed Deposit and its copy (if Applicable)
  7. Original of Confirmation Letter from Bank and its Copy(if Applicable)
  8. Original of Conditional Approval Letter and its Copy
  9. Original and Copy of Health Insurance
  10. Original Medical Report (RB 2 Form) (This will be available at MM2H Immigration Unit)"

Not that you do not need to retake the Health Check. What I find odd is they need copies of the original documents they already have in their files. 90% of these they already have. Maybe they can't find them?
We take only a processing time of 7-21 working days (1-3 weeks).

Old Sep 1st 2020, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eCdD
As far as I know business at the MM2H center at MOTAC is going as before. Just much less people waiting.

And for UK citizens it should be no problem to enter with expired MM2H before extending as they don´t have to pay the Journey Performed Visa.
Waiver of Journey Performed fee: That is certainly true for most Commonwealth passport holders when the initially pick up their visa for their MM2H...I'm not sure about the renewal on an expired MM2H. I'd expect the same, but every agent website talks about the need to get the renewal process done before the visa expires "because you will be charged a Journey Performed fee". Because of the pandemic maybe they'll be a bit more generous. Seems absurd that if you couldn't come in to renew in time that they would hit you with a surcharge.
Old Sep 5th 2020, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

GreenState is an unknown quantity at this point

The travel advisory below is over one month old:
https://www.kln.gov.my/web/usa_los-a..._col_count%3D1

You should contact the nearest MY embassy/consulate, and ask if their travel advisory is still in effect.

Old Sep 6th 2020, 12:33 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eCdD

Unfortunately, as of 00:00 07-09-2020 UK citizens are banned from entering Malaysia unless it is an emergency or diplomat, along with about 23 other countries. It’s based on passport, not location.
Old Sep 25th 2020, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

I suspect that this will apply towards Renewals as well...

Important News For MM2H (and hopefully S-MM2H) who are trapped abroad. I've added caps to highlight certain important points
MINISTRY OF TOURISM, ARTS AND CULTURE MALAYSIA
EXTENSION OF MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME (MM2H) CONDITIONAL APPROVAL LETTER THAT EXPIRED DURING MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER (MCO)
1. According to the endorsement procedure of Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Pass, APPROVED APPLICANT is required to complete the remaining conditions stated in the Conditional Approval Letter and perform the endorsement of the MM2H Pass within six (6) months from the date of the letter.
2. However, due to the current travel restriction imposed by the Government of Malaysia, foreigners OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES are still not allowed to enter Malaysia during the Movement Control Order (MCO) period. This restriction also applies to the approved applicant of MM2H Program. Therefore, Immigration Department of Malaysia has decided to give extension to the Conditional Approval Letter for a period of three (3) months.
3. The request for an extension can be made within three (3) months AFTER Government of Malaysia ended the MCO and after the border are reopened to foreigner. The approved applicant/sponsor is required to submit the request for the extension of the Conditional Approval Letter to MM2H Unit, Visa, Pass and Permit Division, Immigration Department of Malaysia. The required documents are as follows:
i. Letter of Intent;
ii. A copy of Conditional Approval Letter; and
iii. A copy of Passport Particular Page
4. For further inquiries, please write to mm2h[at]imi.gov.my. Thank you.
Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia (MOTAC) 23rd September 2020""
So...to summarize. If you are outside the country and cannot get an endorsement because of travel restrictions on "certain categories of foreigners you can: Apply for an extension within three months of the end of the MCO and after the border is "reopened to foreigner".