MM2H Agents

Old Oct 15th 2014, 6:38 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default MM2H Agents

Thought this might be a good topic to discuss agents and, if anyone has any recommendations of agents they have used, please feel free to add to this thread.
(Note to any agents reading this topic: please read the Site Rules before posting. Hint: You may not promote your own website)

For a start off, you do not need to use an agent. NeonHippy is currently writing an excellent topic on here. If you fancy tackling the visa DIY, you may wish to read it. Link here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/retir...-apply-845024/

If you are using an agent, make sure they are on the official list. There's a list on the government site here:
List Of Registered Agents - MM2H Official Portal
Old Oct 15th 2014, 6:46 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H Agents

We did our MM2H visa some years ago and, at that time, there was a semi-DIY option available. It's no longer available which is a pity.

We used Joy-Stay in KL and we found them reliable and helpful (and we got the visa successfully). Joy-Stay also has quite a good website with lots of information.
Malaysia My Second Home
We didn't actually go to KL or Joy-Stay until we got the visa. Everything done by email mostly and phone.

A lot of folks that I know in Penang have used the services of Alter Domus. Their website is a bit clunky but I'll put a link here:
Penang - My New Home
They are also a bit expensive I hear, but they seem to get the job done and are helpful. I heard that in the past, despite what it says on the Gov website, that they would take applicants' passports from Penang and actually get the visa stamped up in them themselves. Now, I don't know if that is still possible, but may be worth asking them if you don't fancy the trip down to Putrajaya.

Any other recommendations from folks?
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Stuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H Agents

Hi

I can recommend Joy-Stay as well.
In 2008 she handled our complete application via email and a few phone calls, we only met her at the visa office when we got the visa. The process there was done in under 30 minutes.

After we got the visa I got in touch with her several times with some questions. Those were always answered prompt and with the correct info. Good aftersales is always a bonus

Last edited by Stuurman; Oct 22nd 2014 at 4:34 am.