Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Was Malaysia Your First Choice As A Place To Retire?

Was Malaysia Your First Choice As A Place To Retire?

Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:58 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was Malaysia Your First Choice As A Place To Retire?

Ooh no, I don't lurk. I am very verbal
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:08 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very verbal place, I just listen and learn
Old Sep 24th 2014, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Stuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
You can pay for multi entry when you renew the annual Thai retirement visa. I guess Stuurman's visa agent will be savvy on that.
Yes, I plan to get a multi entry permit with the extension of stay.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Stuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond repute

But not nice for jerks eh
Well that spiraled out of control pretty quickly.

There are some interesting points made earlier in that topic. Food for thought for everybody who wants to see beyond the rose colored glasses.

Last edited by Stuurman; Sep 24th 2014 at 3:11 am.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 9:19 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Well yeh but it's the usual case of folks (sorry I don't mean you....honest) who decide to up sticks and go to another country and they always feel that they must justify their reason for leaving and have a good old whinge and moan. Why?? Folks move. It happens. It's another life experience....as you know. OK one might have a little moan, but no need to keep banging on and on about one's gripes. Move on, enjoy the next experience.

And you get the serial mover/whingers who do it over and over again. Rinse and repeat. And then even come on here and start trolling because, hey, we can't have people actually enjoying themselves in this country that they have left, can we. And they think I don't know who it is who's trolling It's just boring and childish. But some people are like that.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

I think a fair and balanced view (and that means good and bad) from people who already live here for some time can be helpful for others who think about moving here.

Some things you only find out after having your feet on the ground for a while.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 1:50 pm

Yes that is true.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuurman
There are some interesting points made earlier in that topic. Food for thought for everybody who wants to see beyond the rose colored glasses.
The mm2h forum has some interesting views, not sure how relevent the early ones are today though. It helps to have slightly rose tinted glasses though as from our research nowhere is perfect. I guess if there was a perfect place it would be very crowded. So listen to other people's views, do your own research and then make up your own mind. For us the balance is currently in favour of Penang and we will be there for a month in January.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 1:13 pm

Very true what you say. Nowhere is perfect. You just need to check out a place and see if most of the boxes are ticked for you. And if it doesn't work out, you can always move on somewhere else.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
The mm2h forum has some interesting views, not sure how relevent the early ones are today though. It helps to have slightly rose tinted glasses though as from our research nowhere is perfect. I guess if there was a perfect place it would be very crowded. So listen to other people's views, do your own research and then make up your own mind. For us the balance is currently in favour of Penang and we will be there for a month in January.
Well the mm2h forum is no longer there, the admin posted this message:

8 1/2 years running the Forum and that's it folks.
Many thanks for all the good wishes over the past few months.
All the posts, members profiles, and everything else, are now deleted and there's nothing left.
regards,
Scot
t

To bad it was a great source of information.

Neohippy, I hope you enjoy Penang. For me it has been a great place to live but it's now time to move on.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:15 am

Yes it's a real shame, such a lot of good information gone though, at the same time, I can understand him wanting to chuck it in. Running a forum is no easy task and so many nasty ones that pop up and spout rubbish. Of course, we are all very civilized on here, aren't we
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

Stuurman thanks for the good wishes. I'm gutted that the site has been taken down as I was relying on the help there to go it alone with my application. Hopefully the MM2H section in this forum will grow to replace it. Does anyone know Scott and have the technical ability to transfer some of the more informative posts across?
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:47 am

I've already asked Sue (Admin on here) today if we can have a new sub-forum within Malaysia forum for Retirement and MM2H. Actually there are already quite a few topics in here already that can be shifted in.

Scott has been threatening to close down the forum for some time, and I already copied and pasted some of my longer writings (on hospitals, health etc) onto my PC, so I shall copy and paste them on here now.

It's a real shame but, there you go, it's happened. We cannot change it. BE is a commercial site - some may say that is a bad thing, but at least it won't be disappearing anywhere in the future.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
I'm gutted that the site has been taken down as I was relying on the help there to go it alone with my application.
I feel for you. When we did our MM2H visa, some 5 years ago I think, we got a lot of pointers from Scott, so it's a real loss for those doing the visa right now.

I know that there are quite a few my2home posters who also post on here, and quite a few lurkers too hehe so let's hope we can get at least a bit of information going on BE to help others
Old Oct 8th 2014, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Was Malaysia Your First Choice As A Place To Retire?

I've already asked Sue (Admin on here) today if we can have a new sub-forum within Malaysia forum for Retirement and MM2H.
Thank you BB for working to sort this out. From some of your previous posts I wasn't expecting you to be that techy but I should have guessed you would now who to contact.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.