any recent extension details?

Old Feb 22nd 2023, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

satumadu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any recent extension details?

I wiil be receiving a new passport in a few weeks and will want to transfer the remaining four years of my visa to it. Has anyone done an extension recently? I thought I'd try here first rather than exchange emails with whichever government agency is now in charge of the MM2H programme (Immigration? MOT?).
Any details would be helpful. e.g. address in Putrajaya... documents to bring... method of payment... etc. Thanks in advance...
Old Apr 8th 2023, 2:58 am
Now a MM2Her.

Scuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any recent extension details?

See this thread for previous info/advice.

MM2H Office for New Passport Visa Transfer
Old Apr 12th 2023, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

satumadu is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to Putrajaya last week and transferred the remaining time on my visa to a new passport. It was easily done; and, despite my worrying that my "intention letter" would be inadequate, it was accepted with a cursory glance.
The one difference from what I saw on a previous post is that the room was quite busy. I arrived around 08:30, and there were around 40-50 people waiting. There was seating for maybe 20 people at most; so I expected I would have to stand for a long time.
There was no one at the reception desk; so I asked the lady at the cashier where to get a number. She told me that one needed to make an appointment online. This was the first I had heard of that. After some chit chat she said there was a limited number of numbers reserved for walk-ins. I managed to get one; and was surprised to have my number called in a short time.
The immigration officers were very helpful; and I was out of there in about an hour and a half.
So, the only thing different from previous posts is the online appointment booking.
Old Jan 16th 2024, 4:20 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

For those who may be interested …

We both received our new UK passports just before Christmas. We went to our agent last Tuesday with our passports and the original MM2H acceptance letter so that we could get the remaining 5½ years Social Visit Passes put in our passports. The fee for Immigration was (as we had hoped and in accordance with the MM2H conditions when we were accepted into the programme) the same as it was in 2019 when we first got our MM2H passes (namely RM5,000 for both of us) plus the agent’s costs. We received our passports (delivered to our home) on Friday.
Old Feb 1st 2024, 9:32 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

@ …

For some reason I can’t send you a PM - it keeps bouncing back a member not found. Here’s my reply anyway:

1. Sorry, I’ve only just seen your message. We used TEG Media (The Expat Group) for our MM2H visa application back in 2018 - it took nearly a year to be approved - and went back to them to transfer the remaining 5½ years into both of,our new passports last month. I don’t know if using them for our original application made a different to their charge but, for both of us it was RM800 (plus the cost of the remaining years’ visa). We had to transfer the money to them and dropped our passports at their office in Bangsar the following day. They prepared all the necessary paperwork and sent their representative to MOTAC who then passed it all to Immigration. Their representative then returned to MOTAC a couple of days later (Immigration’s ‘system was down’) and collected our passports and delivered them to our home. It was a painless process. TEG’s details are: TEG Media Borneo Vision (MM2H)Sdn Bhd (200601015654) 5th floor, Syed Kechik Foudation Building, Jalan Kapas, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur Tel: 603-2093 9539 / 2094 9664 Hope this helps