Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

MM2H Office for New Passport Visa Transfer

MM2H Office for New Passport Visa Transfer

Old May 23rd 2022, 4:29 am
Now a MM2Her.

Scuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond repute
Default MM2H Office for New Passport Visa Transfer

My wife & I are off to Putrajaya tomorrow (24th May) to hopefully get the remaining 3 years of our visas into our new passports. Anybody done this recently? Are the MM2H offices still in the same place as pre-pandemic? I've followed the published guidelines, but we all know there could be surprise request for something not listed waiting for us. Any up to date advice gratefully received.
Old May 24th 2022, 2:57 am
Just Joined

enjoythesun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Office for New Passport Visa Transfer

I had my visa transferred to a new passport at the end of December last year. I used an agent but they gave me a copy of their appointment booking with the immigration apartment. The location was

MM2H Second Floor
jim wp putrajaya bahagian visa
Old May 24th 2022, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks EnjoytheSun
Went yesterday.
The office is on level 5 of the main immigration office (not the passport renewal building across the street.)
Tingkat 1-7 Blok, 2G4, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 2, 62550 Putrajaya
They shut around 4pm.
Not very busy. There were 3-4 agent's reps waiting around but I was seen straight away.
Told that the five year renewal would take around a month
Old May 25th 2022, 8:27 am
Now a MM2Her.

Scuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond repute

Well it turns out the whole process of adding our remaining years to our new passports was very easy. As Carbolic says, the new MM2H office is within the Immigration HQ, Precinct 2, at level 5. We had our new passports, with the visas applied, back in our hands less that 2 hours after arriving. The only disappointment being that we had to pay the full RM500/year for each of us (I had listened to a heated conversation about this during our waiting time and accepted there was no point arguing that our existing 'contract' stated RM90 per year!). The fee has be paid by card/transfer/e-wallet at the massive cashiers hall on level 3, cash is no longer accepted. Get a ticket from the counter on the right just before the hall entrance. The MM2H immigration officer had given us a document with all necessary references to hand to the cashier. We obviously had a priority within the ticket queue as my number was notified pretty quickly, by-passing the vast crowd waiting to be seen.

The new office is quite swish with a very comfortable waiting area, although small, only 3 desks. They obviously want to impress the few 'million ringgit' new applicants with the new look. However, the bathrooms are of the usual Malaysian standard and unlikely to impress anyone . Thanks for the above responses, I hope future visitors find this post useful. I should add that I found the officers we dealt with to be competent and pleasant. Unlike a few of the previous MOTAC employees who didn't have much of a clue in our experience.

Last edited by Scuba Tyke; May 25th 2022 at 8:28 am. Reason: Edit.
Old Jun 16th 2022, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I would try and phone the MM2H office to check if my new five year visa had been approved.
The official portal is now showing "404 not found".
Anybody had a similar problem?
May get one of my local friends to call the main Putrujaya number and see if he can get through to the MM2H section.