Reload this Page >

Shipping to Japan from the UK

Shipping to Japan from the UK

Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Cheeky Mouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping to Japan from the UK

Hi there,

Does anyone know anything about shipping belongings to Japan? Any good/cheap companies our there?

Thanks
Old Jun 15th 2004, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

LadyTyger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shipping to Japan from the UK

Originally posted by Cheeky Mouse
Hi there,

Does anyone know anything about shipping belongings to Japan? Any good/cheap companies our there?

Thanks

Hey there CheekyMouse

Hope all is well with you. Just saw your message and had to say 'Hello'

LT

----Never fall for a tennis player, love means nothing to them----
Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:01 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks

Whereabouts in Japan are you moving to? If you've got the time and you'll be living near a port, it would be cheaper (I suppose) to send stuff by ship.

There's several Japanese shipping companies operating in the UK. Yamato (Black Cat?) is one. I can't remember any others off the top of my head.

I'm sure you'll find them on the web. I've no idea if they're cheap but you could compare a few.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Whereabouts in Japan are you moving to? If you've got the time and you'll be living near a port, it would be cheaper (I suppose) to send stuff by ship.

There's several Japanese shipping companies operating in the UK. Yamato (Black Cat?) is one. I can't remember any others off the top of my head.

I'm sure you'll find them on the web. I've no idea if they're cheap but you could compare a few.

Hi NC Penguin,

Thanks for your reply. It's actually my sister (twin!) who is going to Japan. She's going to teach english, all very exciting! She has to arrive in Tokyo and then apparenly they send their stuff from there to the towns they are working in (she's going to be in Chippubetsu - home to the largest swinging bell in Japan!) Apparently they can only send 20kg each which seems a tiny allowance for going for a whole year. Plus she has a snowboard she wants to take.

So she was thinking about shipping some stuff herself from the UK directly to Chippubetsu. So, I thought I'd ask, seeing how everyone on here is so helpful! Maybe someone knows where it would be best to ship to and a good in-land company to get the stuff from the port?

I'll tell her about Yamato and she can look into it. Thanks again.

P.S Hi LadyTyger! Very nice of you to drop in!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:32 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Hi NC Penguin,

Thanks for your reply. It's actually my sister (twin!) who is going to Japan. She's going to teach english, all very exciting! She has to arrive in Tokyo and then apparenly they send their stuff from there to the towns they are working in (she's going to be in Chippubetsu - home to the largest swinging bell in Japan!) Apparently they can only send 20kg each which seems a tiny allowance for going for a whole year. Plus she has a snowboard she wants to take.

So she was thinking about shipping some stuff herself from the UK directly to Chippubetsu. So, I thought I'd ask, seeing how everyone on here is so helpful! Maybe someone knows where it would be best to ship to and a good in-land company to get the stuff from the port?

I'll tell her about Yamato and she can look into it. Thanks again.

P.S Hi LadyTyger! Very nice of you to drop in!
I'm probably too late, my cousin is just coming back from teaching English in Japan (for the last 18 months) with TEFL.

I'm not sure who he used to ship his stuff back (I know he didn't have that much) but I do know that TEFL were very helpful int he process...try giving them a call and asking their advice?

CC
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
I'm probably too late, my cousin is just coming back from teaching English in Japan (for the last 18 months) with TEFL.

I'm not sure who he used to ship his stuff back (I know he didn't have that much) but I do know that TEFL were very helpful int he process...try giving them a call and asking their advice?

CC

Thanks very much, I'll pass that on to my sister!