Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

londonxfm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mauritius,good place to live?

anyone comment on living in mauritius?
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:12 am
Just Joined

JWMauritius is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mauritius,good place to live?

Been here seven months and loving it - as with anywhere, good points and bad points. I've been helped by having a large part of my wife's family over here but I've found it incredibly easy to integrate - although you will need more than a smattering of French! The pace of life is slower and if you come with the right attitude then you will love it. I am lucky to wake up everyday on an island with some of the best beaches in the world, the nicest people, amazing mountains, wonderful seafood, and live in a stable democracy with a good standard of living, according to the UN HDI! Education is good and you can buy almost anything on the island. Downsides - as I said, if you don't come with the right attitude you might be disappointed - its a small island so if you don't like beaches or outdoors you might find you run out of things to do. The traffic is a nightmare in Port Louis, things take longer to get done, its not as cheap as it was and its still a case of who you know what you know. Healthcare is not cheap either. However, to me, its plusses far outweigh the minuses and I certainly want to be here for a lot longer yet... E-mail me if you have any questions!

Joe