Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

India P.I.O. status for English person

India P.I.O. status for English person

Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

clarkej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default India P.I.O. status for English person

Hello. My Grandad was born in Lucknow (India) in 1895 His brothers and sisters were also born in India. I know they were only there because my Great Grandad was in the British Army and the family came back to England after 20 years there. But does anyone know if I'm "Technically" eligable for an Indian P.I.O. card. As Im wondering if in the future, I could buy a home in India and retire there? Ive asked the High Comission in London but no one will reply to my email?
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:05 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India P.I.O. status for English person

Originally Posted by clarkej View Post
Hello. My Grandad was born in Lucknow (India) in 1895 His brothers and sisters were also born in India. I know they were only there because my Great Grandad was in the British Army and the family came back to England after 20 years there. But does anyone know if I'm "Technically" eligable for an Indian P.I.O. card. As Im wondering if in the future, I could buy a home in India and retire there? Ive asked the High Comission in London but no one will reply to my email?
Hi clarkej, welcome to BritishExpats.com

We had to take out your other thread so the discussion can be focused; I have to tell you, the weekends are a little slower around here than the week days, so give it a little bit of time.

I'll send a message to a couple of people who may be able to help you find your answer.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:30 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Welcome to BE. Please come over to the Goa Thread there you will find answers from some people more knowledgable than me. Those who actually
got PIO status and those who didn't, you will be very welcome.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna View Post
Hi clarkej, welcome to BritishExpats.com

We had to take out your other thread so the discussion can be focused; I have to tell you, the weekends are a little slower around here than the week days, so give it a little bit of time.

I'll send a message to a couple of people who may be able to help you find your answer.
okay thank you... Im not very I.T, minded and didnt know how to delete one of them Thanks you did this for me...
Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by noni View Post
Hi,
Welcome to BE. Please come over to the Goa Thread there you will find answers from some people more knowledgable than me. Those who actually
got PIO status and those who didn't, you will be very welcome.
Hi, thanks for this. Do you suggest I try and delete this thread and re-submit it on the Goa Thread? Im not sure if I can transfer it over? thanks
Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:15 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for this. Do you suggest I try and delete this thread and re-submit it
on the Goa Thread? Im not sure if I can transfer it over? thanks
Hi Clarke,

Yes start a new thread on our Goa site and we will see how our members can help you. Look forward to you joining us. Noni
Old Oct 21st 2009, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

skyepark is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi why dont you apply for OCI its for life andhas exactly the same advantages if not more the pio all detials are on the HCI site. where you can start part a of the application form.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 5:04 am
Just Joined

seenu is an unknown quantity at this point

Why dont aply for Oci(overseas citizen of indian)it more better than pio still u can do.
Old May 7th 2010, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Sambandan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Clarkej,
Welcome. Have you checked out this link?
http://www.mha.nic.in/uniquepage.asp?Id_Pk=553
As Seenu says, why not apply to become an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)?
It is, basically, PIO+. As your grandad was born in India, I don't see a technical issue in this. Unless, of course, there has been a cut-off date, which I doubt.
Hope this helps. Do keep in touch.
Cheers and best
Sam
Old May 8th 2010, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Sambandan View Post
Hi Clarkej,
Welcome. Have you checked out this link?
http://www.mha.nic.in/uniquepage.asp?Id_Pk=553
As Seenu says, why not apply to become an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)?
It is, basically, PIO+. As your grandad was born in India, I don't see a technical issue in this. Unless, of course, there has been a cut-off date, which I doubt.
Hope this helps. Do keep in touch.
Cheers and best
Sam
Hi,
Why don't you ask your questions on the Goa thread, there are quite a few people there who know about PIO, and visa issues, you will be welcome.