Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Kazakhstan - current expat income tax rates?

Kazakhstan - current expat income tax rates?

Old Feb 4th 2012, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Muscovite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kazakhstan - current expat income tax rates?

Hi,

Anyone here currently working in Kazakhstan?

If so, would be grateful for a quick update on typical tax rates being paid by expat residents. I understand that the old tax code was supposed to be changed for 2012, and that income tax might be banded in future?

I'm familiar with the Russian system (eg premium rates during non-resident phase before work permit, banding of income tax, banding of social contribution tax, etc), but am finding it hard to find a definitive guide to current Kazakh rules.

My problem is that i'm at the go/no-go stage of accepting a job offer, but unfortunately the employer is offering a gross salary package. Thus its hard to understand what i might be deducted in 2012.

Thanks for any current info!
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kazakhstan - current expat income tax rates?

Originally Posted by Muscovite
Hi,

Anyone here currently working in Kazakhstan?

If so, would be grateful for a quick update on typical tax rates being paid by expat residents. I understand that the old tax code was supposed to be changed for 2012, and that income tax might be banded in future?

I'm familiar with the Russian system (eg premium rates during non-resident phase before work permit, banding of income tax, banding of social contribution tax, etc), but am finding it hard to find a definitive guide to current Kazakh rules.

My problem is that i'm at the go/no-go stage of accepting a job offer, but unfortunately the employer is offering a gross salary package. Thus its hard to understand what i might be deducted in 2012.

Thanks for any current info!
Hi there,

I worked in Kazakhstan recently. The Kazaks will take 10% tax off your salary (in line with Russia) but did not issue any official tax form stating this, it was only mentioned in my contract that 10% would be deducted. I believe there is no tax agreement with the UK also.

Sorry to be vague, as with any of these countries, it is best to check everything first.