Urgent help - EU1 form

Old May 21st 2014, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

GCTeves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent help - EU1 form

Hi folks

My husband (NZ passport) and I (British passport) have decided to live and work in Dublin for a few years as part of our OE.

We initially thought it would be straightforward for my husband to follow me, an EU national, to Dublin to work. He received a 3 month stamp in his passport at the airport.

We thought all he had to do was visit the GNIB to get a stamp in his passport to enable him to work but of course we discovered there was more to it. We were told to fill out an EU1 form, wait for the response and then go back to the GNIB for the stamp.

In reading the EU1 form and seeing that I am exercising my EU treaty rights, we have seen that we need to show our activities in Ireland as:

a) employment
b) self-employment
c) study
d) involuntary employment
e) residing with sufficient resources

I don't have a job yet and am unsure how long it will take for me to get one so I'm thinking our best option is e) as we do have quite a bit of savings.

Has anyone gone this route before or could give me advice on the documents we need to provide? They are asking for letter from the Dept of Social Protection and letter from a private medical insurance provider...

Much appreciated!
Old May 23rd 2014, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice
Default Re: Urgent help - EU1 form

Not sure myself, but you might want to post on this forum: www.immigrationboards.com. There is a lot more activity.

I know that you will need to show proof of private medical insurance, as is also required by the UK if you want to be self-sufficient. Employment is generally the easiest way to exercise treaty rights.
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:16 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent help - EU1 form

I thought that seeking employment counts as employment. And that self-sufficient status is unusual. But perhaps a consultation with an Irish immigration solicitor would be beneficial.