UK Ireland removals

Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

RogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant future
Default UK Ireland removals

Hi again.

Just weighing up whether it's going to be cheaper to hire our own box van for the crossing, or get a removal firm to do it.

Anybody have any recommendations for firms from UK to Ireland. We live in the Manchester area and are heading for Mullingar area, if that makes any difference.

Am thinking about doing it ourselves, as we don't have a massive amount of stuff, but any advice or tips would be welcome.

Thanks again people.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:36 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Ireland removals

Originally Posted by RogerLaura
Hi again.

Just weighing up whether it's going to be cheaper to hire our own box van for the crossing, or get a removal firm to do it.

Anybody have any recommendations for firms from UK to Ireland. We live in the Manchester area and are heading for Mullingar area, if that makes any difference.

Am thinking about doing it ourselves, as we don't have a massive amount of stuff, but any advice or tips would be welcome.

Thanks again people.

We didnt have that much stuff and found a superb fella with a van. We managed to pack it right to the back door. He went via Holyhead and I went via Pembroke. We incorporated our move with his family holiday in west of Ireland. He was waiting for me at my aunties getting some traditional Irish hospitality, lots of food and tea. He'd unpacked it all by the time i'd got there.

His website is http://www.aylesburysmallmoves.com/index.html cant recommend him enough.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:14 am
Just Joined

jeniffa84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Harrow Green have offices all over the UK and one in Ireland too. They should be able to help. But as ever, I suggest getting a couple of quotes to compare. A man with a van is fine if you have a recommendation, but I am always wary of just finding someone from the book. Find someone who is a member of relevant trade associations iof you can.

You have more to fall back on if you go with a bigger company. Web link for Harrow Green is http://www.hg-gms.com/index.php

Hope it helps and good luck.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

RogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant future

Thanks for the replies but we just ended up hiring a LWB Transit and doing it ourselves... half the price of what were quoted by 3 firms. Irish Sea was like a pond too... good times!