Plumbers jobs in Ireland

Plumbers jobs in Ireland

Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Davie McCaig will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Plumbers jobs in Ireland

Originally Posted by Jock04
Then he'd be a drain on our resources

(bet Davie McCaig is groaning at all this!)

You guys are driving me round the U bend
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Leslie9703 is an unknown quantity at this point

to be self employed and do work by word of mouth do you have to have a business license or anything of that sort? or is it sort of freelancing? is it legal?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:28 am
Banned

waterlooo will become famous soon enough

Have you considered Australia?

It would be much better for the kids!

Skill level
This occupation requires you to have completed formal qualifications achieved through study, training or work experience and is referred to as the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). You need to have attained AQF Certificate III or higher qualification and have at least 3 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing may be required. For further information on the Australian Qualifications Framework see the AQF website.
See: www.aqf.edu.au/

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...or-4431-01.htm
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:31 am
Banned

waterlooo will become famous soon enough

New Zealand perhaps?

Long Term Skill Shortage List (formerly the Priority Occupations List (POL))
Civil Engineering has been expanded to be called Professional Engineers which will include Roading, Design, Structural, Mechanical, Geotechnical, Electronic, Project, Transport/Traffic, Fire, Civil, and Environmental engineers, and the qualifications requirements for these occupations have been amended.
The skills list for Information Communications Technology (ICT) has been amended to reflect actual skill shortages.
Orchard Managers, Agronomist/Crop Production Managers and Grower Managers, and Automotive Electricians, Fitter & Turner, Cabinet maker, Boatbuilder, Carpenter/Joiner, Fitter Welder, and Plumber have been added.
Automotive Mechanics (petrol and diesel) have become two separate occupations: Diesel Mechanic and Motor Mechanic.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/commu...streleased.htm
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Davie McCaig will become famous soon enough

Waterloo thanks for the info however my wife is from Ireland and wants to return home.....
Old Nov 13th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Jock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Davie McCaig
Waterloo thanks for the info however my wife is from Ireland and wants to return home.....

Yeah, if I didn't know better, I'd have said Waterloo was trying to guide you away from Ireland!

Actually......I don't know better.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:21 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jock04
Yeah, if I didn't know better, I'd have said Waterloo was trying to guide you away from Ireland!

Actually......I don't know better.
Probably a plumber. lol
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Jock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
Probably a plumber. lol
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

tojo10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know any jobwebsites for tradesmen, eg painters and decorators, tilers etc. I've found alot of websites cater for professionals but not for trades.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tojo10
Does anyone know any jobwebsites for tradesmen, eg painters and decorators, tilers etc. I've found alot of websites cater for professionals but not for trades.
Google is your friend. HERE

Not a lot in Ireland but some also HERE

Last edited by jdr; Mar 28th 2008 at 7:01 am.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Gulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to all

I've had a look in the Golden Pages (Irish Yellow Pages) and can't see any plumber listed as having any accreditations or whatever. If you take out appropriate insurance, you can probably get by, by making up a flyer with your name, and mobile phone number, how many years you've been a plumber and that you're fully insured. And putting them through people's doors, or pinning one with those tear off slips for your number on the bottom up in local shops... My brother did this a couple of years ago (not a plumber tho'!) and he's got a decent client base now
Old Nov 1st 2008, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Yanniboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you ever make it to Ireland ?

Try the new Jobs Board http://www.jobs2ireland.com for jobs in Ireland and further a field.

It is only a new Jobs Board so there will probably be very few CVs so your details will stand a better chance of being found by Employers / Recruiters alike.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:31 am
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gulf Stream
I've had a look in the Golden Pages (Irish Yellow Pages) and can't see any plumber listed as having any accreditations or whatever.
Because it's assumed that they do - it is indeed mandatory that a plumber is qualified.

City and Guilds are recognised in Ireland. I'd contact the CIF of Ireland to find out mroe, or Fas who are responsible for the qualification and training of apprentices in the trades (should be able to point you int he right direction).

I think if you're in the Chartered Institute of plumbers in the UK, you can get some sort of easy recognition as they recognise members, but I may stand corrected on that - there have been numerous changes in last 10 years since my brother trained.