Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Plumbers jobs in Ireland

Plumbers jobs in Ireland

Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Davie McCaig will become famous soon enough
Default Plumbers jobs in Ireland

Hi folks....My wife who is irish wants to move home to Ireland and I am all for the idea. I know about Ireland being expensive etc cost of housing high however we are not going to let this stop us.

Where would be the best place to live if I was looking for a job as a Plumber in Ireland outwith of Dublin as we are quite sure we don't want to live anywhere near there.

How easy is it to get a job as a plumber in Ireland? i.e do you need to have many references? as I have only ever worked for my Dad's company...

When applying for a job do you need to provide details of training such as City and Guilds that we have here in the UK.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Jock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to all
Default Re: Plumbers jobs in Ireland

Dave,
Although there's a temporary slump in the building trade right now, there's always plenty of work for a good plumber.

Certs & references - certs would be useful, not really sure if mandatory. References from outwith Ireland hardly worth the paper, cos they won't check them!

If your wife is a Dub & you have a free choice of whee else to go in the country, do some Googling on Galway. House prices & general cost of living much lower than Dublin, and a great place to live.

Good luck

Originally Posted by Davie McCaig
Hi folks....My wife who is irish wants to move home to Ireland and I am all for the idea. I know about Ireland being expensive etc cost of housing high however we are not going to let this stop us.

Where would be the best place to live if I was looking for a job as a Plumber in Ireland outwith of Dublin as we are quite sure we don't want to live anywhere near there.

How easy is it to get a job as a plumber in Ireland? i.e do you need to have many references? as I have only ever worked for my Dad's company...

When applying for a job do you need to provide details of training such as City and Guilds that we have here in the UK.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave
Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Jock

Thanks for the reply....Wife is from Co Kerry so we pretty much have a free run of the country apart from Dublin.....I'd like either Cork or Galway. I'll get googling!!!!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:51 pm
Banned

waterlooo will become famous soon enough

Try the west, it has cheaper housing and living costs.

Looking for a Job in the West of Ireland?

http://www.lookwest.ie/westirelandjobsearch.php
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:55 pm
Banned

Why not become self-employed? Once you settle in an area and people find out you are a plumber, the work will flood in.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Jock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to allJock04 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by waterlooo
Why not become self-employed? Once you settle in an area and people find out you are a plumber, the work will flood in.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jock04
Jock why are you shaking your head at the above reply by waterlooo? What was wrong with that suggestion? I had thought about the idea
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davie McCaig
Jock why are you shaking your head at the above reply by waterlooo? What was wrong with that suggestion? I had thought about the idea
He is rolling on the floor laughing.......

Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
He is rolling on the floor laughing.......

Oh right get it now!!!! Im not a quick as I used to be....
Old Nov 6th 2007, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

No worries, Davie!

And it is actually a very good idea. You should seriously consider it.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:22 am
Banned

I wasn't trying to be funny, I didn't see the joke myself until I read the replies. I know tradespeople who have moved to Ireland, and got lots of work by word of mouth. Give it a try.

Good Luck!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

No worries, Davie!

And it is actually a very good idea. You should seriously consider it.

I dunno, I think its just a pipe dream
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I dunno, I think its just a pipe dream
I can see opportunities to become flush with cash.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:03 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I can see opportunities to become flush with cash.
Probably go down the pan !
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Then he'd be a drain on our resources

(bet Davie McCaig is groaning at all this!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.