Reload this Page >

Moving back to Ireland - Limerick/dublin

Moving back to Ireland - Limerick/dublin

Old Sep 18th 2018, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Dreamsurfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to Ireland - Limerick/dublin

Hello,

I'm considering a move back to Ireland. I'm Irish originally but haven't lived there since I was around 7! I work in financial services in Edinburgh and currently have a horse stabled close by.

Ive seen some big finance companies in Limerick and some houses with stables reasonably priced which by way of comparison would be way out of my budget here. Would recruiters meet me if I visited and scope out any jobs in Limerick. Are they quite open to this there? Dublin seems to be very pricey and miles from any equestrian facilities? Any experience of managing to juggle an affordable house commutable to Dublin with equestrian facilities close by? Or would there be finance jobs in Limerick for an Irish lady with a Scottish accent?

​​​​​​​Thanks!

Old Sep 19th 2018, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to Ireland - Limerick/dublin

Originally Posted by Dreamsurfer
Hello,

I'm considering a move back to Ireland. I'm Irish originally but haven't lived there since I was around 7! I work in financial services in Edinburgh and currently have a horse stabled close by.

Ive seen some big finance companies in Limerick and some houses with stables reasonably priced which by way of comparison would be way out of my budget here. Would recruiters meet me if I visited and scope out any jobs in Limerick. Are they quite open to this there? Dublin seems to be very pricey and miles from any equestrian facilities? Any experience of managing to juggle an affordable house commutable to Dublin with equestrian facilities close by? Or would there be finance jobs in Limerick for an Irish lady with a Scottish accent?

​​​​​​​Thanks!
I'm not in Limerick myself and work in IT, but your best bet is just using LinkedIn and building up a network, by contacting Irish recruiters.
These days it's easy enough using Skype etc. and I wouldn't worry about accent. We have all nationalities in Galway, which might also be an option for work.
With a horse I would forget Dublin, unless you are loaded with money, or want a stressful commute. If you base yourself between Galway and Limerick, you would have both options.
With the new motorway you can be in both cities in no time and also have Shannon airport.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving back to Ireland - Limerick/dublin

I'm from Limerick. I wouldn't go near Dublin. Over rated. Over priced and for me, Edinburgh is far better than Dublin but Dublin might be the best place for work opportunities in your field. Not sure about Cork either.
Best thing to do would be to get in touch with some companies in Limerick area via Linkedin, and/or maybe come over for a few days to meet some recruitment agents. My experience of recruitment agents is 80% bullsh*t talk, and 20% fact, so bear that in mind too.

Rant over