Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Land for renovation and horses

Land for renovation and horses

Old May 12th 2007, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Land for renovation and horses

Where can I find cheap land to buy,or rent so i can build/renovate and old building to live in. I need some land for horses and yo be able to erect stables or field shelters. We would be living in poss mobile homes or caravans to enable us to do this project

I am looking at the cheapest areas in Ireland, it does not matter what locality.

Please advise ant ideas or good contacts, This is due to my circumstances changing, as i am now going to be working over there (based from home) for the foreseeable future and may settle there as I have heard nothing but good about the irish and the way of life.

Dave
Old May 16th 2007, 3:48 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Land for renovation and horses

Originally Posted by Dave
Where can I find cheap land to buy,or rent so i can build/renovate and old building to live in. I need some land for horses and yo be able to erect stables or field shelters. We would be living in poss mobile homes or caravans to enable us to do this project

I am looking at the cheapest areas in Ireland, it does not matter what locality.

Please advise ant ideas or good contacts, This is due to my circumstances changing, as i am now going to be working over there (based from home) for the foreseeable future and may settle there as I have heard nothing but good about the irish and the way of life.

Dave
The West of Eire is probably best.

Not sure if this guy deals in sale of land, but if not, I am sure he can put you in touch with someone that does.

http://www.queenanproperties.ie/

Sligo/Mayo has some great scenic spots.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

marcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant futuremarcecie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dave

Dave
I think West of Ireland might be more in your price range, perhaps Mayo, Roscommon etc, check out this web site it has a list of auctioneer web sites.
www.mayoireland.ie
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to all

The west of ireland aint cheap infact some parts on on par with Dublin.

I think Leitrim is the cheapest
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Whats it like in Clare & Roscommon?
Also what the laws on erceting mobile homes on land
Cheers
Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Any more updates required as we are going over at end of august and would love to book some viewings