kid friendly community?

Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Olderman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kid friendly community?

I and my young son are planing to move to Ireland sometime this fall. The question is where. Since we travel a lot, I would like to have convenient access to one of the major airports. I don't like inner cities, and I hate row houses but I don't want to be in an isolated rural community.
Most important I want a place with lots of other families, an easy community where my son can go outside and walk or ride a bike to visit his friends without having to deal with traffic or a street right outside the door with cars parked all over. I would love a truly car free community, but that is perhaps asking for too much. Still an estate that restricts cars so kids can run around more or less safely would be very desirable. Or even an apartment complex that keeps the cars underground and has some green space around it. And a place with good schools and activities for the kids and and good parent connections in the area. Cost is not a big problem. I would be willing to pay up to 1500 euro or even a little more for a 2 or 3 bedroom house or apartment.
Any suggestions?