Reload this Page >

Irish Visa Application - Non EU

Irish Visa Application - Non EU

Old May 30th 2013, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Natsy21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Irish Visa Application - Non EU

Hello!
I have just joined the forum, so apologies if this thread is already on here but I am desperately seeking advice.
I am a British citizen, living in the UK and have done all my life. My husband is Non-EU and lives in his home country.
We are looking into moving to Ireland, after doing some research, it appears that there are less hoops and as I don't earn the £18,600 the UKBA ask for, he cannot apply to come to the UK straight off.
I have read on the Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade, that because my spouse is from Tunisia - his visa fee would be waived and I also read on the Department for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation this:
Non-EEA nationals married to EU nationals who are not residing in Ireland will require an employment permit. The current policy in relation to new first time employment permits will apply, however the fee will be waived in these cases. If the non-EEA national is resident in the State, their immigration status must allow them to enter employment.
In order to waive the fee, the following must be submitted with the completed application:
• Cover Letter indicating that this application is for a non-EEA national married to an EU national
• Copy of the EU spouse’s passport pages showing photograph and personal details.
• Copy of the marriage certificate/marriage license.

So, all I am unsure about, is whether my husband needs to register with An Garda Síochána before coming to Ireland, or once his visa has been granted?

Also, are there any other documents/papers or legalities that we need to be aware of prior to starting this process?

I would appreciate any help you can offer me
Thank You
Old May 30th 2013, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Irish Visa Application - Non EU

Originally Posted by Natsy21
Hello!
I have just joined the forum, so apologies if this thread is already on here but I am desperately seeking advice.
I am a British citizen, living in the UK and have done all my life. My husband is Non-EU and lives in his home country.
We are looking into moving to Ireland, after doing some research, it appears that there are less hoops and as I don't earn the £18,600 the UKBA ask for, he cannot apply to come to the UK straight off.
I have read on the Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade, that because my spouse is from Tunisia - his visa fee would be waived and I also read on the Department for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation this:
Non-EEA nationals married to EU nationals who are not residing in Ireland will require an employment permit. The current policy in relation to new first time employment permits will apply, however the fee will be waived in these cases. If the non-EEA national is resident in the State, their immigration status must allow them to enter employment.
In order to waive the fee, the following must be submitted with the completed application:
• Cover Letter indicating that this application is for a non-EEA national married to an EU national
• Copy of the EU spouse’s passport pages showing photograph and personal details.
• Copy of the marriage certificate/marriage license.

So, all I am unsure about, is whether my husband needs to register with An Garda Síochána before coming to Ireland, or once his visa has been granted?

Also, are there any other documents/papers or legalities that we need to be aware of prior to starting this process?

I would appreciate any help you can offer me
Thank You
I thought non EU Nationals had to have a job lined up to get a work permit and visa. The work permits are specific to that one particular job, not a general one allowing people to turn up and look for work. I think if he just turns up he'll be refused entry, you have to apply for a visa beforehand. Also they will probably suspect a sham marriage, as there is a lot of this going on here.
Old May 30th 2013, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Natsy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we would be applying for his entry visa prior to arriving in Ireland, I am applying for work there and will have that lined up and agreed in writing. My point was mainly about The Garda and whether he would need to register before arriving or if he does that when first arrives in Ireland.
We have been married for 7 months, have copies of all emails/skype conversations/flight tickets etc to back up that our relationship is in no way a sham - In fact I am the one wanting him to come to live here, not the other way around.
Old May 31st 2013, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Yes we would be applying for his entry visa prior to arriving in Ireland, I am applying for work there and will have that lined up and agreed in writing. My point was mainly about The Garda and whether he would need to register before arriving or if he does that when first arrives in Ireland.
We have been married for 7 months, have copies of all emails/skype conversations/flight tickets etc to back up that our relationship is in no way a sham - In fact I am the one wanting him to come to live here, not the other way around.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...g_ireland.html

This may help.
Old May 31st 2013, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Or this

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=31