Healthcare in Ireland

Old Sep 26th 2021, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Islander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthcare in Ireland

Originally Posted by Richard8655
Sorry, CFS = chronic fatigue syndrome? Also, I wonder if HSE asks for the UK NI number for those who had lived in the UK to merge health records and history.
No idea but HSE cannot access my UK records without my written permission.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Islander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond reputeIslander7 has a reputation beyond repute

Rereading the thread.. I would rather need medical care here than in the UK

Although of course I would rather NOT need medical care anywhere..

The fact that over a certain income folk have to pay ?
On my first encounter with eg A and E I was alarmed by the large sign advising that there was an automatic charge of e100. It was alien to my half century of free UK care! And they did accidentally once send me a bill for that. My memories of NHS are mixed andof course better off folk "go private " so in essence?
We had crowded waiting rooms and long delays;in the UK and we have them here.

Acute staff shortages here are exacerbated as here in Ireland nurses and doctors get fully trained then depart overseas. They need to be made to serve a few years here .

And there are many excellent foreign doctors especially in A and E who are here to take their boards.

The admin side is far far superior in the UK; especially where complaints are concerned.

It really is swings and roundabouts.

Oh and provincial hospitals often transfer patients by air to eg Dublin if they do not have the resources in a speciality , We ae much more rural than urban and this is reflected n health care provision. If you eg look at the West Coast? Hence the devt pf the coastguard Rescue choppers. . For that alone Ireland is tops.

Last edited by Islander7; Sep 27th 2021 at 1:45 am.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond repute

At least with Ireland staying in the EU, good, qualified EU doctors and nurses can easily come and bolster the medical staffing needs at hospitals and clinics. It seems with Brexit, the UK will face more shortages there than expected. That's in addition to all kinds of other labor shortages in the UK economy. I don't think much of that was considered for those who voted to leave.