Reload this Page >

schengen visa duration of stay

schengen visa duration of stay

Old Apr 28th 2011, 11:06 am
Just Joined

pzgupta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default schengen visa duration of stay

Hi,
I am a UK work permit holder. I recently got a schengen visa for 6 months with duration of stay as 90 days.
The first time I entered the schengen country was on 11/02/2011 and from then on have been making short trips to various Schengen countries for holidays.
After adding all the days spent in the Schegen countries I have about 75 days left out of the 90 days of stay allowed to me. Also as I understand my 90 days clock would reset on 11/08.

Now my problem is that starting from june first week I plan to take a 4 month holiday and go and stay with my husband in germany (he has a valid work permit for germany). My visa expires on 27/07, and hence I plan to apply for a new visa before starting this trip. I have two queries around this:
1. Can I apply for a new schengen visa even though I still have one which is valid?
2. Since I still have 75 days left of my 90 days period, can I utilize them from June 5th and since my 90 days stay clock will reset on 11/08, I will still be allowed another 90days from this date onwards?

Ofcourse all this calculation is assuming that I am again able to get a valid visa with 90 days duration

Please help.....