Edinburgh in April

Old Feb 16th 2002, 8:45 pm
Richard

Default Edinburgh in April

My wife and I plan on travelling to Edinburgh the 3rd week of April. We'll be flying
from Boston. Are there direct flights from Boston to Edinburgh or do we have to fly
into London or Glasgow first? Any recommendations about nice hotels near the
University? Also what is the weather likely to be around then? What manner of
clothing would you recommend? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Rich

Old Feb 17th 2002, 11:02 pm
Cobban

Default Re: Edinburgh in April

Hi Richard I would pack an umbrela and very warm coat. I went to Endinburough and
April 99 and the first two things I bought were an Umbrella and a Tarton Scarf. One
advantage is it not as busy as in the the summer so you really get to enjoy the Grass
Market and Royal Mile.

Have a good trip Tom "Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My wife and I plan on travelling to Edinburgh the 3rd week of April. We'll be
    > flying from Boston. Are there direct flights from Boston to Edinburgh or do we have
    > to fly into London or Glasgow first? Any recommendations about nice hotels near the
    > University? Also what is the weather likely to be around then? What manner of
    > clothing would you recommend? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Rich

Old Feb 22nd 2002, 11:05 am
ajc

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:06:36 -0500, "Richard" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My wife and I plan on travelling to Edinburgh the 3rd week of April. We'll be flying
    >from Boston. Are there direct flights from Boston to Edinburgh or do we have to fly
    >into London or Glasgow first? Any recommendations about nice hotels near the
    >University? Also what is the weather likely to be around then? What manner of
    >clothing would you recommend? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Rich
    >
    >

There are no long-haul scheduled flights in to Edinburgh, one of the easiest routes
from Boston would be via Amsterdam. In Edinburgh in April you could have mild spring
days or snow with a bitterly cold wind. Asume it is going to be cold and damp, so you
can dress appropriately to go wandering round a fabulous city. --==++AJC++==--

Old Mar 6th 2002, 11:12 pm
nigel.smithson

Aerlingus appear to do an Edinburgh to Boston via Shannon or Dublin, so I'm assuming they do one the oher way )

Old Mar 7th 2002, 7:36 pm
Jean-Marc.Becqu

perhaps my website can help you ? http://perso.wanadoo.fr/magicscotland

<[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:06:36 -0500, "Richard" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >My wife and I plan on travelling to Edinburgh the 3rd week of April. We'll be
    > >flying from Boston. Are there direct flights from Boston to Edinburgh or do we
    > >have to fly into London or Glasgow first? Any recommendations about nice hotels
    > >near the University? Also what is the weather likely to be around then? What
    > >manner of clothing would you recommend? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Rich
    > >
    > >
    >
    > There are no long-haul scheduled flights in to Edinburgh, one of the easiest routes
    > from Boston would be via Amsterdam. In Edinburgh in April you could have mild
    > spring days or snow with a bitterly cold wind. Asume it is going to be cold and
    > damp, so you can dress appropriately to go wandering round a fabulous city.
    > --==++AJC++==--

Old Mar 7th 2002, 11:06 pm
Jonathan Morton

"nigel.smithson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Aerlingus appear to do an Edinburgh to Boston via Shannon or Dublin, so I'm
    > assuming they do one the oher way )

Though I'm pretty sure that they don't fly any of their transatlantic aircraft on the
connecting routes to Scotland or England, so you'll be changing planes in Dublin or
Shannon, for the onward flight to Edinburgh. That said, it's no great inconvenience
doing the change in Dublin. Don't bother with Shannon, as all the flights from
Shannon to the US appear to go via Dublin - yes, I know that looks odd on the map.

We had an excellent trip with Aer Lingus from Birmingham to Chicago via Dublin in
October, and there's no reason to suppose their Boston operation is any
different. Their fares are very competitive - I guess they need to get the
connecting traffic from the UK to give the Ireland-US leg critical mass - so it's
well worth checking out.

Jonathan