Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

What If UK Abandons The EU?

What If UK Abandons The EU?

Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:36 pm
Banned

sir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What If UK Abandons The EU?

Originally Posted by repton55
20 euros would buy us a three course evening meal, litre carafe of wine,coffee and give a 3 euro tip
Not in the restaurant to which we went, which was by the sea. Sea Bass €49 per kilo. Bottle of Wine €25. Cover, dessert, coffee, meal for two all added up to over €80.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:40 pm
Banned

sir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the roughsir recorder is a jewel in the rough

Dear Sir Recorder,
I am actually very good at maths, we lost a lot of money on off plan deposits we made 7 years ago, and they are not going to go ahead with the build. We cannot afford to buy in Portugal, we have decided that when we retire WE WILL rent apartments from the end of September to the middle of June.
Sounds like you bumped into the holiday home mafia, who ran off with your deposits, and who are now living in luxury of the proceeds in Angola or some other place.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

repton55 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had bread and olives, Full bbq seabass, veal steak, home made desserts, coffee and a litre carafe of decent red wine. We tend to eat where the locals eat, not touristy places.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

blah blah blah blah, I am not listening to you any more
Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:14 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I've just stumbled across a school playground

Lets be civil .... no need to get personal.

Thanks
Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

One person creates havoc, ruining an otherwise friendly forum and everyone else is told to calm down?!

Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by s5tuart
Thats the reason I have ceased my regular visits. Is there another Portugal themed site anywhere?

Coming back to the forum after a little while away, I see that the same moans and groans are running from same members as when I left. Nothing new, nothing happy, nothing worth reading.
Is there a way I can hide certain members posts, like you can with browser adverts??
I might know of somewhere....
Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:57 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike
One person creates havoc, ruining an otherwise friendly forum and everyone else is told to calm down?!

Mmmm no not at all, I just don't like to pick out individuals. The peeps concerned know who they are Why, do you have a guilty conscience? (joke by the way )

If I was targeting "everyone else" I would have said something like "Can everyone please be civil" .. which I didn't.

Originally Posted by Mike
I might know of somewhere....
No ulterior motive then?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

sue2215 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why let SR get to you and look for alternative forums? I read them; smile and move on as it's obvious he's taking great pleasure winding everyone up!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue
No ulterior motive then?
I post more on here!! I must get round to advertising and updating!!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 4:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear
I went away for a few days for some peace and quiet

The Portugal Form has in that past been a fairly quiet forum
Can I please suggest that those who really dont like SR's outlook on life put him on ignore. Then you wont see his posts and we can all return to a happy place
Old Mar 12th 2013, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

How do you ignore someone?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 4:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

How do you ignore someone?
Who said that?

Profile/misc/
buddy/ignore list
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, I can now officially say I am ignoring Sir Recorder and Sidekick.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Nettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really nice

Thank you, I can now officially say I am ignoring Sir Recorder and Sidekick.
Oh yes - me too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.